Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

NFL Draft 2023 - Round 4-7 Discussion

Vaughn is going to make for a very good back up.  Pollard should have an excellent season.  

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

RIP Tony Pollard.

Isiah Pacheco survives.

Good call on Vaughn, he was really sought after....

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Good call on Vaughn, he was really sought after....

I called him a 6th round value, what round was he drafted again?

10 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I called him a 6th round value, what round was he drafted again?

No you didn’t. You said this: 4th or fifth round by KC or you would be sad. Wrong as usual 

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

No you didn’t

I did.

I had hoped the Chiefs would jump his 6th round value by taking him in the 4th or 5th, but apparently they are happy winning games by 7-10 points, rather than 13-17 points.

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

4th or fifth round by KC or you would be sad. Wrong as usual

And I was sad, so I wasn't wrong about that, either.

Dallas is really about the second-best place he could land--on the team for which his dad is a scout?  Fuhgeddaboudit.  He can do everything Pollard can do, better than Pollard.  Deuce Vaughn is now a cheat code in best-ball leagues.

Mmm usually it’s the other way. 

When your highlight reel is half an hour long.

Get a tissue; some of these moves will bring tears to your eyes...

The whole league didn’t want him so he had to be drafted by daddy…

22 minutes ago, jrokh said:

The whole league didn’t want him so he had to be drafted by daddy…

There was a QB who recently retired who also went unwanted by the whole league until the 6th round; some say he was the best QB ever.

A better comparison might be Darren Sproles, who was drafted out of K-State in the 4th, and had a pretty good career.

Deuce won't ever be a lead RB, at best he will be that 1B like a Danny Woodhead or Darren Sproles or Reggie Bush; more likely he'll be a Best Ball stud who has four or five games a year where he posts 5 catches and 120 total yards and 2 TDs.  He was drafted right where he was expected to be drafted, and he went to a team that is very likely to use him in a way that maximizes his value.

"Drafted by daddy" also means that he's PLAYING for daddy--that will help greatly with his transition into the NFL, avoiding the temptations and pitfalls of the Dallas spotlight, and cranking up the "make daddy proud" factor by an order of magnitude.

Use this information as you see fit.

I don’t play best ball or dynasty. So he’s as useless to me  as every other teams  3rd string RB. Oh and fyi, every prospect has 30 minute highlight videos. You’re just the only jabroni who posts them. HTH

51 minutes ago, jrokh said:

So he’s as useless to me  as every other teams  3rd string RB.

He may be one of the more useful 2nd string RBs in the NFL, though.

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Get a tissue; some of these moves will bring tears to your eyes

5'6" - 176 Lbs and a 6th round draft pick!!

FUTURE HALL OF FAMER! 

Gotta love Cowboy fans 😁

8 hours ago, League Champion said:

5'6" - 176 Lbs and a 6th round draft pick!!

FUTURE HALL OF FAMER! 

Gotta love Cowboy fans 😁

Just a K-State alum/fan.  I was hoping the Chiefs would land him, as they held off signing Jerick McKinnon until after the draft, just in case, but he ended up going to probably the second-best landing spot in the NFL for him, the team for which his father works as a scout.

And even so, I doubt if he will be a Hall of Famer, but then I've clearly described my expectations for him in previous posts, for anyone who cares more about what Axe Elf actually thinks than amusing themselves with nonsense.

I like this guy Lew Nichols from Central Michigan that the Packers drafted in the 7th round.  5'10" 220 pounds and some folks think speed is a concern, but watching him play, he has pretty good speed.  He catches the ball and is a willing blocker.  The bad is he doesn't have much wiggle to him, so he'll need blocking.  He's a north/south guy who will get what's blocked. 

If one of the AJs get hurt in GB, I could see him getting some carried and being effective.