Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Nobody needs to own an AR-15

34 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Perhaps you can explain what you believe to be the utility of universal registration.

I'm curious to.  might have to wait awhile for him to break out Lib talking point on google which will make no sense

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Perhaps you can explain what you believe to be the utility of universal registration.

Would this require a legal ID?  If so then that will negatively impact those poor black people that can't get an ID.  :nono:

Afterall the left likes to point out that it's RACISSSSSSSSSSS to require a valid ID to vote. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DonS said:

I think I need an AR-15. 

After spreading bark all weekend I need to take out the focking squirrels that are digging holes everywhere looking for non-existent nuts. :mad:

You’d shoot your eye out.

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Background checks aren’t universal. And registration is supported by the vast majority of the public, and no the 2nd Amendment doesn’t protect you from it. It’s going to happen. 

They are at gun shops and anyone with a license to sell firearms.

Also, registration isn't going to happen and you better get used to it.  The Bruen decision all but shut the door on it by EXPANDING gun rights, not restricting them.  Sorry, Tim, you're just going to have to accept the "L" on this one.  And you can take that to the bank.

12 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

You’d shoot your eye out.

True, but I'll make Black Bart my b1tch first! 

• Haha 1

Depends on what those changes are. 

For example I want universal background checks and universal registration on all firearms. I don’t need to be educated about the specifics of each firearm to want this. 

so this "universal registration"  law you want.  what will be the benefit to anyone including the government.  & do you want this for all present gun owners?  if so same question.

9 minutes ago, DonS said:

True, but I'll make Black Bart my b1tch first! 

My money is on the squirrels. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

"We" don't know sh*t.  Post a link.  As I've demonstrated numerous times, and Jerry did earlier today, you just make "facts" up.  There is no way I'd trust you on this stat you just posted.  So, back it up or STFU.

He made it up.  Guy is a pathological liar.  It's closer to 10%, less than 10%.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

"We" don't know sh*t.  Post a link.  As I've demonstrated numerous times, and Jerry did earlier today, you just make "facts" up.  There is no way I'd trust you on this stat you just posted.  So, back it up or STFU.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2022/07/20/record-28-million-ar-15-and-ak-style-rifles-entered-us-circulation-in-2020-gun-group-says/amp/

100,000 a year in the 90s. A million a year since 2015 and the number continues to grow. 

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

First sentence of your link says 24 million from 1990 to 2020. 

464 million guns produced in the US since 1899.

Can you do math?

41 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

My money is on the squirrels. 

My dog is like "put me in coach, I'll fock 'em up!".  Unfortunately she'd make more of a mess of the bark than the squirrels. 

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

Sure. 

Registering all firearms would make it far easier for law enforcement to trace weapons used in violent crimes, and then catch the criminals responsible for those crimes. That’s basically the reason, and it’s common sense. Registering all firearms will, in effect, reduce the amount of gun crimes. 

Let me offer up the State of Israel as an example: in the USA, roughly 30% of the population owns one or more firearms. In Israel that percentage is much higher- estimated at close to 80%. (This makes sense because almost all Israeli citizens serve time in the armed forces). All guns are fully registered, and there is far less gun crime than here. Which proves, at least to me, that gun crimes are not necessary. 

4 minutes ago, Horseman said:

First sentence of your link says 24 million from 1990 to 2015. 

464 million guns produced in the US since 1899.

Can you do math?

Can you? Are you really this stupid? 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Can you? Are you really this stupid? 

24/464 = 5%

Hope that helps, retard.  

(and I fixed my typo, 1990-2020)

I'm old enough to remember when Potato Joe and B Hussein trafficked all those guns into the hands of Mexican cartels. Boy, those were some fast and furious times.

I'm just glad that our border is so secure that none of those guns can make it back into the USA illegally.

4 minutes ago, Horseman said:

24/464 = 5%

Hope that helps, retard.  

(and I fixed my typo, 1990-2020)

Yeah you had to go back to 1899 to make the percentage that small. Right now the percentage is 25%. I guess you are really that stupid. 

1 minute ago, lickin_starfish said:

I'm old enough to remember when Potato Joe and B Hussein trafficked all those guns into the hands of Mexican cartels. Boy, those were some fast and furious times.

I'm just glad that our border is so secure that none of those guns can make it back into the USA illegally.

Which is exactly why we need gun registration. 

13 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Ok, Tim.  Let's do some basic math here.  Your assertion, that I questioned, was:

Here’s what we know: 20 years ago, AR-15s represented 2% of all guns purchased. Now they represent 25% of all guns purchased. 

From your link above,

The National Shooting Sports Foundation estimates the United States imported or manufactured a record-breaking 2.8 million AR-15 and AK-style rifles in 2020 alone

A record-breaking 22.8 million total firearms were sold in the United States in 2020

Now, a little basic arithmetic tells me that 2.8 is 12.28% of 22.8.  This doesn't even include the FACT that your link combines AR-15 and AK-47 "style" rifles in to the same stat.  So, AR-15's are not even 12.28% of all guns sold as you asserted.  It's amazing how you can just make sh*t up and say "Here's what we know."  You're a focking idiot and intellectually dishonest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yeah you had to go back to 1899 to make the percentage that small. Right now the percentage is 25%. I guess you are really that stupid. 

Oh, so you don't want to account for the total amount of guns in your imaginary scenario.

Pathological.  

Just now, Horseman said:

Oh, so you don't want to account for the total amount of guns in your imaginary scenario.

Pathological.  

I keep telling you guys.  Tim just makes sh*t up.  He is intellectually dishonest and no one should trust any statement he makes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Which is exactly why we need gun registration. 

How will this registration work? Will you be going door to door with a clipboard, asking to please see our guns?

Will this registry affect our good-citizen credit scores? Will it be used to extort us through health insurance premiums? Will the list ever be "leaked" to the public, putting us at risk?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Strike said:

Ok, Tim.  Let's do some basic math here.  Your assertion, that I questioned, was:

From your link above,

Now, a little basic arithmetic tells me that 2.8 is 12.28% of 22.8.  This doesn't even include the FACT that your link combines AR-15 and AK-47 "style" rifles in to the same stat.  So, AR-15's are not even 12.28% of all guns sold as you asserted.  It's amazing how you can just make sh*t up and say "Here's what we know."  You're a focking idiot and intellectually dishonest. 

I heard the 25% number from the news today. But even so I’ve heard it before. 

I didn’t post that article to prove that number. I posted it to prove that sales of AR-15s have exploded in recent years. Which was my entire point to begin with. Whether or not it’s 12% or 25% I don’t care. The point is they were around 100,000 per year 20 years ago and now they’re at 2.8 million per year! That’s an explosion any way you look at it. 

You love to pick apart my numbers, and sometimes you can, but you rarely address the main theme of my arguments. 

44 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I heard the 25% number from the news today. 

What a cumm bucket. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Registering all firearms would make it far easier for law enforcement to trace weapons used in violent crimes, and then catch the criminals responsible for those crimes.

This is always the dumbshiiiiiiits line. You dolts refuse to admit law abiding folks aren't criminals. Criminals don't register shiiiiiiiiiiit and your new laws do nothing to trace anything back to criminals. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2023 at 2:44 PM, The Real timschochet said:

I didn’t mind your misogyny BS or your “white man” crap, but I have to protest this revisionist false history that NRA types have been putting out for years: 

The Nazis never seized guns from their victims because their victims, particularly the Jews who were mostly urban and middle class, didn’t have guns to begin with. Neither the Nazis nor the Communists went around from house to house seizing guns. It never happened either before or during World War II. The only time that guns were ever seized in Germany was by American occupiers after the war. 

This whole myth of “first they seize the guns, then they impose the dictatorship” has no historical precedence whatsoever. The scary thing about dictatorships is that they’re usually quite popular. 

The Warsaw uprising wasn’t fought with virtue signaling. Amazing how little of your own history you don’t know. If you ever want to talk about the Easter uprising of 1916 I’m your man. You run along now and do some reading about yours and get back to us. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Warsaw uprising wasn’t fought with virtue signaling. Amazing how little of your own history you don’t know. If you ever want to talk about the Easter uprising of 1916 I’m your man. You run along now and do some reading about yours and get back to us. 

We can talk about either. I love talking about Padric Pearce and Michael Collins and Eamon DeValera and the rest of the gang. (There was a miniseries on Netflix that I had high hopes for but it was boring.) 

When you refer to the Warsaw Uprising you need to be specific: the Ghetto Uprising in 1943 or the Polish Home Army Uprising in 1944? Both were amazing stories with tons of bravery, and guns they had to smuggle in. But in neither case were guns seized by the Nazis beforehand; the city dwellers didn’t have any to begin with. 

On 4/30/2023 at 1:44 PM, The Real timschochet said:

I didn’t mind your misogyny BS or your “white man” crap, but I have to protest this revisionist false history that NRA types have been putting out for years: 

The Nazis never seized guns from their victims because their victims, particularly the Jews who were mostly urban and middle class, didn’t have guns to begin with. Neither the Nazis nor the Communists went around from house to house seizing guns. It never happened either before or during World War II. The only time that guns were ever seized in Germany was by American occupiers after the war. 

This whole myth of “first they seize the guns, then they impose the dictatorship” has no historical precedence whatsoever. The scary thing about dictatorships is that they’re usually quite popular. 

This is an outright f'n lie.  The Bolsheviks and Communists ABSOLUTELY confiscated guns.   Where the f#ck are you getting your history from?  The DNC?  You know that DNC History is also called "Revisionist History", right?

https://www.rbth.com/history/326865-guns-rifles-russia-revolution#:~:text=In 1918 the Bolsheviks initiated a large scale confiscation of civilian firearms, outlawing their possession and threatening up to 10 years in prison for concealing a gun.

https://mises.org/wire/brief-history-repressive-regimes-and-their-gun-laws#:~:text=To maintain its iron grip,so%2C led to criminal prosecution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control_in_the_Soviet_Union

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

The Soviet Union seized guns and then quickly returned them, because there was no way to fight the White Army could be defeated without giving the peasants guns. Later on there was no way the Nazis could be defeated without giving the peasants guns. There was never an effective time when the peasants were unarmed. 

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Sure. 

Registering all firearms would make it far easier for law enforcement to trace weapons used in violent crimes, and then catch the criminals responsible for those crimes. That’s basically the reason, and it’s common sense. Registering all firearms will, in effect, reduce the amount of gun crimes. 

Let me offer up the State of Israel as an example: in the USA, roughly 30% of the population owns one or more firearms. In Israel that percentage is much higher- estimated at close to 80%. (This makes sense because almost all Israeli citizens serve time in the armed forces). All guns are fully registered, and there is far less gun crime than here. Which proves, at least to me, that gun crimes are not necessary. 

Has it been a problem, tracing weapons used in violent crime? Seems to me we have very few whodunits.  Perhaps I am wrong.

I suppose for those few whodunits having a registry might be helpful, if, and big if, the crime was not committed by an unregistered weapon which criminals may well have.  Still, lets say we do have a crime committed by a registered weapon.  Are we presuming the weapon will be left at the scene of the crime so the registration will help us?  Or, are we pressuming that registration will be accompanied by a ballistic and tool markings registry with every weapon shot and the bullets categorized and recorded and the tool markings on the cartridges as well? Ii suppose that would ahve utility for catching those who don't collect their brass at the scene and who do not cahnge out a barrel.  Seems a lot of fuss for minimal return.  Not very utilitarian.  

What agency would undertake this task?  I have read you asserting we cannot prosecute 10 million illegals as the task would be too monumental.  Yet the task of registering every weapon and recording their ballistic characteristics is not?    Seems inconsistent and massively expensive for the return.  No, I expect the motive for registration is something else.  I suspect it is meant to be an inconvenience and disincentive to firearm ownership.  I suspect your motives and/or i questkion whether you have thought this through.

Regardless, if that becomes the law of the land I will comply, if the cost is not too onerous.  If the cost is onerous in dollars and time I will sue for a taking and will seek compensation.

BTW, all this is likely to accomplish in the end, if criminals and mass shooters are smart, and even if they are not smart they gain knowledge from the trials and errors of others, is to encourage them to use shotguns where the ballistic evidence left behind is less compelling.  You are not going to like that outcome as shotguns can rain down more metal into flesh than can the boogieman guns, the AR's.

Some think registration is meant to proceed confiscation.  I think it is meant to increase cost and inconvenience and will have no impact on crime.  Criminals, those rascals, they just don't seem to care what the laws are.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

We can talk about either. I love talking about Padric Pearce and Michael Collins and Eamon DeValera and the rest of the gang. (There was a miniseries on Netflix that I had high hopes for but it was boring.) 

When you refer to the Warsaw Uprising you need to be specific: the Ghetto Uprising in 1943 or the Polish Home Army Uprising in 1944? Both were amazing stories with tons of bravery, and guns they had to smuggle in. But in neither case were guns seized by the Nazis beforehand; the city dwellers didn’t have any to begin with. 

I bet they wish they had. Which is the point you don’t seem to get. 

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Has it been a problem, tracing weapons used in violent crime? Seems to me we have very few whodunits.  Perhaps I am wrong.

I suppose for those few whodunits having a registry might be helpful, if, and big if, the crime was not committed by an unregistered weapon which criminals may well have.  Still, lets say we do have a crime committed by a registered weapon.  Are we presuming the weapon will be left at the scene of the crime so the registration will help us?  Or, are we pressuming that registration will be accompanied by a ballistic and tool markings registry with every weapon shot and the bullets categorized and recorded and the tool markings on the cartridges as well? Ii suppose that would ahve utility for catching those who don't collect their brass at the scene and who do not cahnge out a barrel.  Seems a lot of fuss for minimal return.  Not very utilitarian.  

What agency would undertake this task?  I have read you asserting we cannot prosecute 10 million illegals as the task would be too monumental.  Yet the task of registering every weapon and recording their ballistic characteristics is not?    Seems inconsistent and massively expensive for the return.  No, I expect the motive for registration is something else.  I suspect it is meant to be an inconvenience and disincentive to firearm ownership.  I suspect your motives and/or i questkion whether you have thought this through.

Regardless, if that becomes the law of the land I will comply, if the cost is not too onerous.  If the cost is onerous in dollars and time I will sue for a taking and will seek compensation.

BTW, all this is likely to accomplish in the end, if criminals and mass shooters are smart, and even if they are not smart they gain knowledge from the trials and errors of others, is to encourage them to use shotguns where the ballistic evidence left behind is less compelling.  You are not going to like that outcome as shotguns can rain down more metal into flesh than can the boogieman guns, the AR's.

Some think registration is meant to proceed confiscation.  I think it is meant to increase cost and inconvenience and will have no impact on crime.  Criminals, those rascals, they just don't seem to care what the laws are.

If you had asked me 20 years ago I would have agreed with you that it’s too difficult to oversee this. But with today’s technology it would be pretty easy IMO. The government sets up a national registry and then tells every gun owner they have 60 days to register their guns online. Naturally some will refuse, but you just want them that there is a fine if they refuse, and if they are caught with an unregistered gun the police have the right to seize it. Easy peasy.

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

Strikes me as a bit redundant.  Me, i have a wider variety of guns,  Of course you may too, you may have simply chosen to not show your shotguns and bolt and lever action rifles and your handguns. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I bet they wish they had. Which is the point you don’t seem to get. 

Of course they wish they had. Of course I get that. When people face extermination any weapon is helpful. Nonetheless the notion that rifles of any kind will protect you against a determined government is nonsense. What protects you is our democratic system, and trust in law enforcement.