Sign in to follow this  
Blue Horseshoe

Firearm Ownership & Self Defense : Pregnant Woman With AR-15 Stops Armed Home Invasion

Pregnant Florida Woman Kills Home Intruder with AR-15

A pregnant woman is being celebrated as a hero for using an AR-15 rifle to save the lives of her husband and 11-year-old daughter after two men broke into the family’s home Wednesday night. Two masked intruders broke into the Lithia, Florida home close to 9pm on Wednesday. One of the men grabbed the couple’s 11-year-old daughter while both men violently attacked her father, Jeremy King. One of the men pistol-whipped him, and the other kicked him in the head several times, King said. “As soon as they had got the back door opened, they had a pistol on me and was grabbing my 11-year-old daughter.....” 

His wife, who is more than eight-months pregnant, peeked out of the back bedroom during the incident, at which point King said one of the intruders shot at her. She then retrieved the AR-15 and shot at the intruder....Authorities found the body of a man in a ditch nearby the house. King meanwhile said he has a fractured eye socket, fractured sinus cavity, a concussion, 20 stitches and three staples in his head.....“Them guys came in with two normal pistols and my AR stopped it,” King said, adding that his wife had “evened the playing field and kept them from killing me....”

...The AR-15 rifle was in the home legally, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pregnant-florida-woman-kills-home-135800584.html

https://nypost.com/2019/11/04/pregnant-florida-mom-uses-ar-15-to-kill-home-intruder/

• Like 1

Man who killed would-be burglars with AR-15 won’t be charged

An Oklahoma prosecutor said Monday no charges will be filed against a 23-year-old man who fatally shot three teenage intruders in his home, but that the woman who drove them there is being charged with first-degree murder. Authorities say Zachary Peters was home alone when he shot Maxwell Cook, Jacob Redfern and Jakob Woodruff with an AR-15 rifle on March 27 at his home just outside the Tulsa suburb of Broken Arrow....

“It is the opinion of this office that Zachary Peters acted justifiably … when he used deadly force to defend his home,” said Wagoner County Assistant District Attorney Jack Thorp....The spellings of the names and the ages of the teens differ in some public records, but Wagoner County Deputy Nick Mahoney said the latest information is that Cook and Redfern were 18 and Woodruff was 15.....Wagoner County Sheriff Chris Elliott said he supports the decision not to charge Peters....“We support the right of our citizens, the right to bear arms and to defend their homes,” Elliott said. “In this such case, we feel strongly that’s what took place here.”

....Thorp also said Elizabeth Marie Rodriguez, 21, of Oologah, was charged Monday with three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of burglary in the case and is jailed without bond. Oklahoma law allows a person to be charged with murder if they take part in a crime in which people are killed, even if the person does not take part in the slaying....Court records do not list an attorney for Rodriguez, but she has acknowledged driving the three to the home and waiting in a vehicle outside, and said while she understands Peters was protecting his home, she believes he could have shot the three in the legs.....“I won’t take responsibility for the murders, I won’t. I feel guilty, but I don’t feel responsible,” Rodriguez said in an interview last week with ABC’s “World News Tonight with David Muir.”

https://nypost.com/2017/04/04/man-who-killed-would-be-burglars-with-ar-15-wont-be-charged/

Grandfather Of Home Invader Killed By AR-15 Says Fight Was Unfair

The grandfather of one of the three suspects killed during a home invasion on March 27 in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma is speaking out against the death of his grandson....According KTUL-TV, Leroy Schumacher, grandfather of 17-year-old Jacob Redfearn, said that his grandson’s death was unjustified because the homeowner’s son, identified as Zachary Peters, had too large of an advantage over the three burglars because he was armed with an AR-15.....Schumacher said. “They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die.....Brass knuckles against an AR-15? C’mon......” he added.

The homeowner’s son was not charged with any crimes because police said he acted in self defense. Schumacher said that the homeowner’s son went too far and his actions were not legal.....“There’s got to be a limit to that law, I mean he shot all three of them; there was no need for that.....”

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2017/04/grandfather-home-invader-killed-ar-15-says-fight-unfair/

• Like 1

Detroit Mom Fires Assault Rifle To Protect Family From Home Invaders

Three teens who attempted to break into a Detroit home Monday received a nasty surprise in the form of an assault rifle-packing mother, WXYZ Detroit reports. Per the report, the mother said she ”didn’t have time to get scared” when she heard her front door getting kicked in. After giving a warning to the intruders, she opened fire. One of the fleeing teens dropped his handgun on the floor. As he attempted reentering the house to reclaim it, the mother greeted him with more gunfire.....

Heeding the shots, he and his partners swiftly escaped. Police apprehended them shortly afterwards. “I let them know I had a gun once they were in the house. They said no you don’t so I shot off the first round. I wasn’t feeling anything at the moment, I got scared afterwards,” the unidentified mother said.

She said she was dedicated to guarding her two young children at any cost. “Oh no mommy, I don’t want them to take my piggy bank or my toys,” her daughter said during the ordeal.

“She did the right thing,” commented Detroit Police Chief James Craig. The woman’s husband says he is happy his family is safe. “If I hadn’t prepared my wife for this kind of situation, I could have came home to a family that was gone,” he said, noting that he gave her the weapon only two weeks ago and trained her in its usage....

https://blackamericaweb.com/2014/02/21/detroit-mom-fires-assault-rifle-to-protect-family-from-home-invaders/

Thank you Jesus, great post OP.  

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Thanks for the breaking news from 2019

Rochester, N.Y. — Early Tuesday morning, Christopher Boise heard a noise coming from the basement. As he walked toward the source of that noise, the RIT student noticed two men standing in the downstairs portion of his apartment. "They were waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs," said Boise. One of them had a handgun trained on Boise. Within moments, Boise screamed. His cries were heard by his roommate, Raymond....

...Raymond owns an AR-15..... Raymond estimated that just five seconds passed until the door started to open. It was one of the intruders...."By the time I had it out and ready, one of the men came at my door, slowly opened it, saw that there was a barrel on the other side and from there backed out," Raymond said. The two men fled the apartment. Nothing was taken and no shots were fired...."I'm happy he saved my life. I was very thankful he had his (gun)," said Boise.....

"The weapon was legal and he protected his property, said Rochester Police Chief James Sheppard. "We're thankful that no one was injured," he said.

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Homeowners-Scare-Off-Burglars

6 minutes ago, League Champion said:

She's a hero. Thank God for her AR-15. 

I thought hand guns were better weapons for close quarters?

9 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Thanks for the breaking news from 2019

Veteran uses AR15 to stop Home Invaders, two Killed, two Captured

On 10 July, 2019, at about 8:20 p.m. an armed home invasion occurred at a rural residence in Summerfield, Florida....The homeowner said one of the men had knocked on the door earlier, asking for help with a vehicle. The homeowner told him he could not help because he was disabled..... A few minutes before sunset, at about 8:20, the homeowner heard a loud noise as the home invaders broke into the home. He grabbed his AR15 from alongside the bed. He saw one masked invader and fired. Another home invader fired back and was fired upon. One invader, 21-Year-old Keith Jackson, Jr. died inside the house with a semi-automatic handgun nearby.....Another, 22-year-old Nigel Doyle was found, mortally wounded, outside the home near a pump-action shotgun....

The 61-year-old homeowner was wounded in the abdomen. The police found him in a bedroom with the AR15 type rifle across his legs. He has been reported in stable condition at the local hospital. A neighbor reported that the 61-year-old was a veteran who often did target practice on his property. Some commenters were of the opinion the home invasion suspects should not have picked him as a victim. ....Two other robbery suspects — Robert John Hamilton, 19, of Ocala, and Seth Adam Rodriguez, 22, of Belleview — were detained near the scene, according got the Marion County Sheriff’s Office....

https://weeklycaller.com/veteran-uses-ar15-to-stop-home-invaders-two-killed-two-captured/

• Like 1

You guys want a parade bc a handful of stories on protecting ones home? Woo hoo! It’s what it’s SOPPOSED to be for. 

The problem is way way way way too. Many of the legal gun owners are shooting up people outside of their home. Like you couldn’t post all of them that happen every day. It would be a full-time job. But hey, great job finding some obscure ones from years ago, I guess? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

44 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Thanks for the breaking news from 2019!

:thumbsup:

A timeless lesson for you dopey liberals. :thumbsup:

58 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Thank you Jesus, great post OP.  

Jesus approves of killing? What Bible do you read?

56 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

You guys want a parade bc a handful of stories on protecting ones home? Woo hoo! It’s what it’s SOPPOSED to be for. 

The problem is way way way way too. Many of the legal gun owners are shooting up people outside of their home. Like you couldn’t post all of them that happen every day. It would be a full-time job. But hey, great job finding some obscure ones from years ago, I guess? 

You either aren't paying attention or just getting your talking points from the same DNC Glory Hole that dogshiat and gutterpedo are.  The vast majority of shootings are done by criminals - those are ILLEGAL gun owners.  HTH.

I also love how you guys never come out when shootings happen daily in places like Chicago, NY, BAL (all BLUE cities).  If you did, you would realize that - also - a VAST majority of shootings are done with handguns, not AR-15s.

Spare us your fake outrage.  You fools know nothing about guns.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You either aren't paying attention or just getting your talking points from the same DNC Glory Hole that dogshiat and gutterpedo are.  The vast majority of shootings are done by criminals - those are ILLEGAL gun owners.  HTH.

I also love how you guys never come out when shootings happen daily in places like Chicago, NY, BAL (all BLUE cities).  If you did, you would realize that - also - a VAST majority of shootings are done with handguns, not AR-15s.

Pretty sure he lives a comfy life as a stay at home dad in a nice neighborhood.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

Jesus approves of killing? What Bible do you read?

I challenge you to go talk to Christians that have served in are military and ask them this same question. 

That woman didn’t seek out to kill those people, she was defending her home.  

Luke 18:3. Justice. 

Luke 22:36 Jesus prepares His disciples, He tells them to buy swords.  

Psalm 144:1. Withstand enemies.  

God doesn’t want us to seek other to kill them, but we can defend are homes and families.  

Lets use abortion for an example, woman that knowingly kill that child , will pay.  Amen  

When was the last time you looked at a cover of a Bible, you foolish person  

HTH.  Thanks. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Why does it matter what is used in most shootings? Handguns are easier to hide, and most likely easier to get.

I think the question which would preclude a discussion on whether AR-15’s and similar guns should be banned (I’m on the fence), is are they more efficient at killing (particularly in killing multiple people) than handguns?  In past threads I think people were making the argument that they were not, but seems like OP is implying they are?

Edit: another question would be are AR-15’s more commonly used in crimes that are committed using legal weapons?  Yes, it will be harder to prevent criminals from committing gun violence, but a key goal for gun regulation proponents seems to be stopping things like school shootings, which anecdotally at least are often committed using guns that were purchased legally.  Yes, they’d likely just use a different gun if an AR-15 was illegal, but if the answer to the first question is US, it could still save some lives if school shooters don’t have access to AR-15’s and similar guns.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

I challenge you to go talk to Christians that have served in are military and ask them this same question. 

That woman didn’t seek out to kill those people, she was defending her home.  

Luke 18:3. Justice. 

Luke 22:36 Jesus prepares His disciples, He tells them to buy swords.  

Psalm 144:1. Withstand enemies.  

God doesn’t want us to seek other to kill them, but we can defend are homes and families.  

Lets use abortion for an example, woman that knowingly kill that child , will pay.  Amen  

When was the last time you looked at a cover of a Bible, you foolish person  

HTH.  Thanks. 

This is far-right 21st-century “theology.”

Luke 22:49-51. 

Matthew 5:38-44.

A gun is not a good way to defend one’s family. Statistics show that owning a gun raises the risk of violence on your household compared to those who don’t have one. It gives people a false sense of security. Good locks on doors, vigilance, and if you’re religious, faith should be sufficient.

And a very Christian insult at the end - nice.

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

This is far-right 21st-century “theology.”

Luke 22:49-51. 

Matthew 5:38-44.

A gun is not a good way to defend one’s family. Statistics show that owning a gun raises the risk of violence on your household compared to those who don’t have one. It gives people a false sense of security. Good locks on doors, vigilance, and if you’re religious, faith should be sufficient.

And a very Christian insult at the end - nice.

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Handguns are easier to hide, and most likely easier to get.

My Wife is trained and permitted to carry. She will not hesitate to blow a threats head clean off. I feel sorry for the Animal that messes with her. 

On 4/29/2023 at 9:09 PM, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Here’s the problem with your argument. I’m going to guess that most of us in here are OK well enough off that we don’t deal with gang violence. Of course, on the surface you can hide behind those stupid numbers that say criminals do all the shootings in based off the numbers you would be correct. But is that what you specifically are worried about? Are you really worried about getting caught up in a gang shoot out and some scumbag part of town? Of course not.

you know damn well if you were going to get killed by a firearm, you are much more likely to get killed with a legal gun going into your grocery store or your mall or your movie theater than you are some stupid hold up, home invasion, or gang related shooting.

and at the end of the day you are the ones standing on the side that is literally getting children slaughtered in elementary schools. That’s something you folks have to live with not me.

So stop with the NRA talking points trying to hide behind unrealistic numbers.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Here’s the problem with your argument. I’m going to guess that most of us in here are OK well enough off that we don’t deal with gang violence. Of course, on the surface you can hide behind those stupid numbers that say criminals do all the shootings in based off the numbers you would be correct. But is that what you specifically are worried about? Are you really worried about getting caught up in a gang shoot out and some scumbag part of town? Of course not.

you know damn well if you were going to get killed by a firearm, you are much more likely to get killed with a legal gun going into your grocery store or your mall or your movie theater than you are some stupid hold up, home invasion, or gang related shooting.

and at the end of the day you are the ones standing on the side that is literally getting children slaughtered in elementary schools. That’s something you folks have to live with not me.

So stop with the NRA talking points trying to hide behind unrealistic numbers.

You are more than likely to be killed by an illegally obtained firearm than a legally obtained one.  I don't know where you're getting your facts from, but clearly they are wrong.

There are literally more home invasions, hold ups and gang shootings than going into a grocery store and getting killed - unless the gang shooting is happening inside a grocery store.  Almost all done by criminals - those who shouldn't have firearms to begin with.  It's not even close.  WTF are you getting your info from? Your feelings?

Did she not have time to unsheath her bazooka?

On 4/30/2023 at 11:39 AM, League Champion said:

My Wife is trained and permitted to carry. She will not hesitate to blow a threats head clean off. I feel sorry for the Animal that messes with her. 

Good for her👍

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

you know damn well if you were going to get killed by a firearm, you are much more likely to get killed with a legal gun going into your grocery store or your mall or your movie theater than you are some stupid hold up, home invasion, or gang related  slaughtered in elementary schools. That’s something you folks have to live with not me.

The ignorance of this statement is beyond measure......

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

The ignorance of this statement is beyond measure......

Just throwing out words doesn’t make them so. Explain to me how you are more likely to get killed with an illegal gun in a bad neighborhood versus a legal gun at your grocery store, Mall, or movie theater? 

I’m not going to get killed with an illegal gun. Where a vast majority of those are, are in neighborhoods. I’m never going to step foot in. I’m around a ton of legal gun owners. It’s far more likely I will get killed with one of those because I’m around those. This isn’t that hard.

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You are more than likely to be killed by an illegally obtained firearm than a legally obtained one.  I don't know where you're getting your facts from, but clearly they are wrong.

There are literally more home invasions, hold ups and gang shootings than going into a grocery store and getting killed - unless the gang shooting is happening inside a grocery store.  Almost all done by criminals - those who shouldn't have firearms to begin with.  It's not even close.  WTF are you getting your info from? Your feelings?

Let’s slow this down. What kind of neighborhoods do you think most illegal guns are in? Bad neighborhoods correct? I don’t know about you but I don’t live in those. I’m nowhere near them. So unless illlegal gun guy in a terrible neighborhood feels like trotting out to the suburbs, which isn’t terribly likely, I’m probably OK. 
I’m far more likely trotting into the mall that’s a quarter mile away and some jerk off that lost his job or something crazy with his legally purchase a gun start shooting up the place. I mean my God how many stories do you need a day of legal guns shooting up schools or workplaces?

Well that proves it: AR-15s safe lives.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Let’s slow this down. What kind of neighborhoods do you think most illegal guns are in? Bad neighborhoods correct? I don’t know about you but I don’t live in those. I’m nowhere near them. So unless illlegal gun guy in a terrible neighborhood feels like trotting out to the suburbs, which isn’t terribly likely, I’m probably OK. 
I’m far more likely trotting into the mall that’s a quarter mile away and some jerk off that lost his job or something crazy with his legally purchase a gun start shooting up the place. I mean my God how many stories do you need a day of legal guns shooting up schools or workplaces?

Because if someone breaks a gun out in a mall, in a grocery store, in a theater, in a CVS, at a gas station......more than likely it's for criminal intent. More likely than not, that person has a criminal record & CANNOT LEGALLY OWN A FIREARM. ALL of these places are located in GOOD neighborhoods as well as bad. You can spend your entire life avoiding bad areas & the ONE TIME you are in a store in a good neighborhood & something goes down.....you can bet your life it's not a legal gun owner drawing down on you.

Even your twisted reasoning doesn't pass muster.....

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Because if someone breaks a gun out in a mall, in a grocery store, in a theater, in a CVS, at a gas station......more than likely it's for criminal intent. More likely than not, that person has a criminal record & CANNOT LEGALLY OWN A FIREARM. ALL of these places are located in GOOD neighborhoods as well as bad. You can spend your entire life avoiding bad areas & the ONE TIME you are in a store in a good neighborhood & something goes down.....you can bet your life it's not a legal gun owner drawing down on you.

Yeah because we don’t have almost daily data of a legal gun owner shooting up a place. Jesus focking Christ you have to be kidding. 
even the batshiit crazy trans weirdo that shot up the school bought their guns legally. So speak to me about this not supposed to have a gun nonsense because it seems pretty easy to get one. 

You’re taking whole numbers and trying to apply them to you. Most gun incidents are not happening in our neighborhoods. But when they do you really think they’re because they’re illegally owned? In the suburbs? Please

2 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah because we don’t have almost daily data of a legal gun owner shooting up a place. Jesus focking Christ you have to be kidding. 
even the batshiit crazy trans weirdo that shot up the school bought their guns legally. So speak to me about this not supposed to have a gun nonsense because it seems pretty easy to get one. 

You’re taking whole numbers and trying to apply them to you. Most gun incidents are not happening in our neighborhoods. But when they do you really think they’re because they’re illegally owned? In the suburbs? Please

I never once indicated that people that legally obtain firearms don't commit crimes. I stated that you are more likely to have a crime committed on you, with a gun, by someone who cannot legally buy or own a gun. Your premise that bad people only operate in bad areas is ridiculous. You compound that foolishness by assuming that in good areas, the crime is most likely to be perpetrated by a lawful gun owner. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nomad99 said:

1 hour ago, Nomad99 said:

I never once indicated that people that legally obtain firearms don't commit crimes. I stated that you are more likely to have a crime committed on you, with a gun, by someone who cannot legally buy or own a gun. Your premise that bad people only operate in bad areas is ridiculous. You compound that foolishness by assuming that in good areas, the crime is most likely to be perpetrated by a lawful gun owner. 

I was going to reply but you curb-stomped him so bad that no reply by me is necessary.   :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1