Sign in to follow this  
Blue Horseshoe

Firearm Ownership & Self Defense : Pregnant Woman With AR-15 Stops Armed Home Invasion

On 4/29/2023 at 6:13 PM, cyclone24 said:

You guys want a parade bc a handful of stories on protecting ones home?

14 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I was going to reply but you curb-stomped him so bad that no reply by me is necessary.   :thumbsup:

Lol🤣🤣

16 hours ago, Nomad99 said:

I never once indicated that people that legally obtain firearms don't commit crimes. I stated that you are more likely to have a crime committed on you, with a gun, by someone who cannot legally buy or own a gun. Your premise that bad people only operate in bad areas is ridiculous. You compound that foolishness by assuming that in good areas, the crime is most likely to be perpetrated by a lawful gun owner. 

Again. We have daily…DAILY evidence that legally purchased guns shooting people not in bad neighborhoods, not in slums but in suburbs. In nice areas.
So again to believe your argument would be to say that there are more illegal guns in nice areas than legal ones which is comically stupid. 

Take where I live in Des Moines. There’s a probably 12 square block area with 90% of our shootings. Im guessing the illegal gun ownership is high. Where i live (nice area) the shootings that occur are not from hood rats venturing out to the burbs. Its LEGAL gun owners shooting their spouse, someone going off at a school, etc. NOT illegal guns.

So yes the likelihood im killed by one of them is far higher than some illegal gun because i have far less interactions with those neighborhoods and those people. 

Youre trying to take mass numbers and apply them to YOU or me and thats just not realistic or rational 

Audio reveals moment officer made frantic request for backup moments before taking down Texas mall shooter

....Eight people were killed during the vicious attack that also left seven others injured at the Allen Premium Outlets in Allen, Texas, on Saturday afternoon. The gunman, who has not yet been named, was also shot and killed by police....Just moments before taking the suspect down, a police officer could be heard saying that he “needed everybody I got” in an internal police radio call released on Sunday, the Daily Mail reported. Two minutes after that call, the officer said: “I got him down.”

....Hundreds of mall-goers could be seen trying to flee the scene after the gunman opened fire ....around 3.30pm local time. Aerial footage from local news stations showed the devastating scene at the parking lot as dead bodies, including those of children, were covered in sheets.....Three wounded victims were in critical condition, while four others were in stable condition, he said. Medical City Healthcare spokesperson Janet St James, said their trauma facilities received eight patients between the age of 5 and 61 following the shooting....

.....The violence broke out at around 3.36pm CDT and a police officer who was already at the mall responding to another situation heard gunshots and “engaged the suspect and neutralized the threat,” Allen police chief Brian Harvey told reporters....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/texas-mall-shooting-allen-gunman-cop-b2334382.html

If anyone here was in that mall, would they want a firearm on their person or not? 

The majority of firearm owners in America are law abiding. The faster a "second gun" gets to a shooting as such, the faster the threat can be put down. Whether it's law enforcement or it's a civilian hoping to save their own life and the lives of others. 

Many of the legal gun owners are shooting up people outside of their home. Like you couldn’t post all of them that happen every day. It would be a full-time job. But hey, great job finding some obscure ones from years ago, I guess? 

On 5/13/2023 at 1:57 AM, Blue Horseshoe said:

You’re missing the point. I don’t really care if you have a legal gun or an illegal gun in your house and you use it in your house. Makes absolutely no difference to me.

what I care about is all of you legal gun owners saying don’t look at us when legal gun owner owners all over the country are shooting places up on a daily basis. 

I would also argue I’m not sure I want a bunch of gun owners, playing hero cop in a shoot out at my grocery store or movie theater either… but that’s a discussion for another day

again, I would say over 90% of the illegal guns are concentrated in certain areas of your towns you would never step foot in anyway. So who are you probably going to get shot by? A legal gun owner. That’s an issue. 

On 5/1/2023 at 12:46 PM, cyclone24 said:

Let’s slow this down. What kind of neighborhoods do you think most illegal guns are in? Bad neighborhoods correct? I don’t know about you but I don’t live in those. I’m nowhere near them. So unless illlegal gun guy in a terrible neighborhood feels like trotting out to the suburbs, which isn’t terribly likely, I’m probably OK. 
I’m far more likely trotting into the mall that’s a quarter mile away and some jerk off that lost his job or something crazy with his legally purchase a gun start shooting up the place. I mean my God how many stories do you need a day of legal guns shooting up schools or workplaces?

In your opinion, what's an acceptable number of deaths where you would say, "well, hey, it's a right we have and these are some of the risks that come with them, let's just try to be more responsible", and walk away without complaint?

On 5/15/2023 at 8:52 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

In your opinion, what's an acceptable number of deaths where you would say, "well, hey, it's a right we have and these are some of the risks that come with them, let's just try to be more responsible", and walk away without complaint?

Not avoiding your question, but I don’t think you can really quantify it. If you have a school shooting where five kids get killed, everyone’s going to say that’s bad and it’s 5 too many. If you have 20 people killed breaking into homes in that same neighborhood everyone’s going to justify all 20. 

And their most definitely is a WHO is getting killed component to it. Do we really care about daily gangbangers? Of course not. 

46 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Not avoiding your question, but I don’t think you can really quantify it. If you have a school shooting where five kids get killed, everyone’s going to say that’s bad and it’s 5 too many. If you have 20 people killed breaking into homes in that same neighborhood everyone’s going to justify all 20. 

And their most definitely is a WHO is getting killed component to it. Do we really care about daily gangbangers? Of course not. 

That's pretty much the same argument one could make (and did make), about alcohol/drunk driving related deaths.  Out of curiosity, how well did banning alcohol go over in the US?

You do realize that drunk driving related deaths are only about half as often as gun related deaths (not counting suicides), right?  On average, there's about 25k people killed by gun and 12k killed by a drunk driver in a year.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's pretty much the same argument one could make (and did make), about alcohol/drunk driving related deaths.  Out of curiosity, how well did banning alcohol go over in the US?

You do realize that drunk driving related deaths are only about half as often as gun related deaths (not counting suicides), right?  On average, there's about 25k people killed by gun and 12k killed by a drunk driver in a year.

I know we can’t do it, but I would ban alcohol. It is a societal detriment that kills and provides absolutely nothing positive other than approximately 99% of me getting laid through college. :) 

I mean, I know what you’re going after, but it’s it’s like saying why worry about this when cancer kills more people or insert whatever you want. None of it is good. 

You guys want a parade bc a handful of stories on protecting ones home? Woo hoo! It’s what it’s SOPPOSED to be for. 

Resident tried to keep intruder out of home before fatal shooting, Texas cops say

..... While a Texas resident was on the phone with police, an intruder forced his way into her home, authorities said. That intruder was then shot and killed. A woman called 911 at about 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 18, reporting that a man was breaking into a home in northeast Austin.... “The female resident stated that a male was banging on her door and that he was trying to knock the door down and that the resident was trying to hold the door closed,” .... Then, while still on the call with dispatchers, police said she reported that the man was trying to force his way in through a window. “The caller then stated that the male suspect had entered into the home,” ....The caller’s last update was that shots had been fired. Officers arrived at the home at 5:37 a.m., police said, and EMS arrived shortly after. The man accused of breaking into the home was pronounced dead about 10 minutes later....

....“This was a very, very tragic incident and one of the residents did shoot the male suspect in self defense,”.... No charges have been filed, though an investigation is ongoing...

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article274456775.html

On 5/22/2023 at 3:38 PM, Blue Horseshoe said:

Resident tried to keep intruder out of home before fatal shooting, Texas cops say

..... While a Texas resident was on the phone with police, an intruder forced his way into her home, authorities said. That intruder was then shot and killed. A woman called 911 at about 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 18, reporting that a man was breaking into a home in northeast Austin.... “The female resident stated that a male was banging on her door and that he was trying to knock the door down and that the resident was trying to hold the door closed,” .... Then, while still on the call with dispatchers, police said she reported that the man was trying to force his way in through a window. “The caller then stated that the male suspect had entered into the home,” ....The caller’s last update was that shots had been fired. Officers arrived at the home at 5:37 a.m., police said, and EMS arrived shortly after. The man accused of breaking into the home was pronounced dead about 10 minutes later....

....“This was a very, very tragic incident and one of the residents did shoot the male suspect in self defense,”.... No charges have been filed, though an investigation is ongoing...

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article274456775.html

Uhhhhhhhhgain..for the 100th time.

IN HOME. Great…use a bazooka in YOUR home i dont care. 

On 5/1/2023 at 9:03 PM, Blue Horseshoe said:

Socioeconomics. They’re just hungry. Right Tim? 

You guys want a parade bc a handful of stories on protecting ones home? Woo hoo! It’s what it’s SOPPOSED to be for. 

Shotgun-wielding would-be robber claims ‘I’m from Chicago, bro,’ leaves as clerk displays gun

.....A man casually carrying a shotgun and claiming to be from Chicago walked into a Florida convenience store during an attempted robbery but walked out when a clerk displayed his own weapon, authorities said. Rakim Stephen Tate, 32, made a bad decision that “became a worse decision” when he walked into a convenience store on Sept. 9 with a visible shotgun to his side, the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office said Monday.  He is charged with openly carrying a prohibited weapon and attempted robbery with a firearm.

Tate walked around the store for a few seconds before a clerk out of view from a camera in the store is heard talking to him, according to security footage. The clerk apparently noticed Tate arming himself before he entered the store and went into a back room to arm himself with his personal weapon, authorities said..... Tate is heard saying while holding his weapon. “I got a big (expletive) (expletive) gun, but I’m not from around here is what I’m saying. I’m from Chicago bro.”

Tate is heard asking the employee what kind of weapon he is holding. The employee responds before Tate slowly walks out of the store.  Tate was arrested on Sept. 15 in Santa Rose County, authorities said, adding “You’re not in Chicago anymore; you’re under arrest.” The Benelli shotgun he allegedly used was also recovered, authorities said. 

https://nypost.com/2022/09/26/florida-alleged-armed-robber-leaves-when-clerk-displays-gun/

Geez, all a pregnant woman has to do is show me her belly button and Id leave the house. That s*** creeps me out.

Pregnant Woman Shoots Man Who Attacked Her Family In Parking Garage: Police

....The incident occurred in a parking garage in Little Rock during a robbery attempt, police said. The woman, who was with her husband and two children, told police that her husband was tackled and punched by a man as he was loading something on top of their van. She said that the man then went into the car and struck her, which is when she pulled out a gun and shot him.... 

...The man accused of attacking and attempting to rob the family was identified as 37-year-old Markevious King. The police were called and King was then transported to a nearby hospital....The husband, who said his family was from Memphis, told KARK that they had come to Little Rock to go to the zoo and a waterpark to celebrate his daughter’s birthday. ....“....a fractured rib, and my wife has a couple of knots on her forehead where he apparently punched her,” the husband said, describing the family’s injuries....

....Officers responding to a shooting in the garage at 500 E. Second St. around 12:25 p.m. located Markevious King, 37, of Little Rock, who was lying on the ground near the driver's door of a vehicle with blood pooling under his head, the report states....The Mississippi woman who called 911 told police that King had approached the vehicle while she and the two children were inside the vehicle and the other victim, a man, was loading a wagon onto the roof....King struck the male victim from behind and got into the driver's seat, she told officers, punching her.

Feeling that her and the children were at risk, she pulled a pistol and shot King in the base of the neck, causing him to fall to the ground outside the vehicle, the report says.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/pregnant-woman-shoots-man-who-attacked-her-family-in-parking-garage-police

https://www.kark.com/crime/family-visiting-from-out-of-state-speaks-out-in-river-market-shooting/

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2023/jun/01/robbery-attempt-cited-in-shooting/

18 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

@Blue Horseshoe scouring for little individual wins while hundreds of shootings this weekend alone swamp his little dated stories. Hilarious 

But who shot who? 🤔

Only liberals are allowed to use rare occurrences to justify their positions. 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Only liberals are allowed to use rare occurrences to justify their positions. 

Oh you mean like in 2019 when there were a total of 3 unjustified killings of black criminals by police and the liberals ransacked multiple US cities because of one more that happened in 2020 even though justice was served in all cases? Pretty much. :dunno: 

DETROIT (AP) — A judge on Tuesday ordered a Detroit gas station clerk to stand trial for involuntary manslaughter, saying his decision to lock the door and then taunt an angry customer contributed to the fatal shooting of a bystander. Al-Hassan Aiyash “continued to pour gasoline on the fire,” said Judge Kenneth King, who found enough evidence to move the case to trial.

Aiyash, 22, was working behind protective glass at 3 a.m. on May 6 when a customer’s failed attempt to make a $3.80 electronic purchase turned into violence. Video shows Samuel McCray repeatedly cursing and insisting he was going to leave the gas station with the items. Three more people entered before Aiyash pushed a button to lock the door, keeping the four inside. The scene was volatile. Video shows McCray throwing a beverage against the security glass and demanding the door be opened. Two men who were subsequently shot testified that McCray threatened to shoot everyone.

“If not for the fact that he locked the door, none of this would have happened,” the judge said of Aiyash’s actions. Aiyash finally unlocked the door just seconds before a third man, Greg Kelly, was shot and killed. Two others were wounded.

This story is extremely tragic. It would be unfair to blame the gas station clerk entirely for this situation, after all, McCray is solely responsible for opening fire on innocent people. 

However the optics here are very bad, i.e. the clerk is behind protective glass and he locked in three people, who all ended up getting shot. One of them was shot 9 times and was killed. The clerk is not the owner of the business. So this becomes more complicated as there are ethical and legal questions that come up regarding being able to lock in customers like this. Was it possible that the clerk though all four were in "it" together? 

But here's the main point I'm going to make - You are all on your own. 

If 2020 with all the rioting, looting and burning showed anything, it's that you aren't going to get help. Many law enforcement agencies are losing personnel at staggering record rates of loss. Who wants to be a cop in current times? The radical left and the MSM has vilified all of them. ( I won't say all cops are good, but it's evident not all of them are evil psychotic racists, as they are often portrayed)  There's the "bail reform" policies in Big Blue Cities. There are woke DAs who won't charge for many crimes, even violent crimes for "equity and social justice" 

Why wouldn't more people want to carry guns on them now? I mean every day average working class people who are taxpayers and just want to go to work and put food on the table for their kids. 

I get that many gun controversies indicate that there does need to be some reform in some areas. I won't deny that. But if you look at places like New York, it's clearly a lawless hard Blue woke "utopia" that is also anti-gun period. You can't simultaneously make it clear that working class people have been abandoned by their local governments like prey, then also seek to disarm them at the same time. 

It's asking people to choose to be victims and just sit there and take it. That's an absurd level of pure stupid. 

Team Blue and the radical left have effectively lost the "gun debate" in this country. There are lots of people out there with guns legally that even scare me. I won't deny that. But you can't have the Democratic Party push for hard line "anti-gun reform" in the middle of intentionally sabotaging basic civil order. 

If anyone here had someone they loved in that gas station, or any grocery store, or any department store, or at their workplace, and an armed psychopath like McCray showed up, would you prefer that person dear to you had a firearm or not? 

Poor Blue Horseshoe…trying so hard. It must be hard to scour and find these in the face of literally dozens and dozens of random shootings of people that happen every day that swamp little stories like this.

in the end it comes down to what kind of world do you want to live in. Do I want to go to a movie theater with 50 people with let’s say 40 of them having guns? A fight breaks out and you have multiple “heroes” now putting bullets whizzing all over the place? I don’t. And explain to me how that results in less death? our gun culture has not resulted in fewer shootings actually the contrary. So until you can answer the question of, how does more guns result in fewer deaths you can keep posting these all day, but the numbers are still the numbers and it’s gross. 

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

Poor Blue Horseshoe…trying so hard. It must be hard to scour and find these in the face of literally dozens and dozens of random shootings of people that happen every day that swamp little stories like this.

in the end it comes down to what kind of world do you want to live in. Do I want to go to a movie theater with 50 people with let’s say 40 of them having guns? A fight breaks out and you have multiple “heroes” now putting bullets whizzing all over the place? I don’t. And explain to me how that results in less death? our gun culture has not resulted in fewer shootings actually the contrary. So until you can answer the question of, how does more guns result in fewer deaths you can keep posting these all day, but the numbers are still the numbers and it’s gross. 

Other than this topic, I think you are cool.

7 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Other than this topic, I think you are cool.

Ha ill take it.  🍻

I don't even read the articles. Seen enough already. 

The only ones that have problems with AR's ...are the same group that that supports those that actually use them in crimes. 

Buuuuut....they blame the group that doesn't use them in crimes. 

So....let me think of an analogy to dumb it down.

I'm having troubles with the analogy, as the best analogy is the exact situation we are in. 

Person A/Group A who is pro-"object" who uses that object for good or neutral purposes.

Person B/Group B uses object for sinister purposes.

Group B then blame Group A for the troubles causes by said object. 

That's how it works, and there is no changing anyone's mind. I won't change anyone elses, no one else will change my mind. 

And Group B.... they don't go by what they see/what's happening.  They go by what they are told by Group B leaders.  "Don't believe for a second what your eyes tell you.  Your eyes are deceiving you. We'll do your thinking for you.  Just go with what we tell you and don't worry about anything else"

And they do! That's what's so crazy about that half of society. Mind blowing, really.

But hey, great job finding some obscure ones from years ago, I guess? 

Ex-Giant Travis Rudolph found not guilty in murder case — hopes to play again

....Former Giants receiver Travis Rudolph was found not guilty Wednesday for one charge of first-degree murder and three charges of attempted murder, according to reports. The charges were related to a 2021 shooting at his home in Lake Park, Fla.....The Palm Beach Post reported the jury in West Palm Beach rejected the option to convict Rudolph of second-degree murder and manslaughter, and the two-week trial ended with fewer than four hours of deliberation.

“I got my freedom back,” Rudolph, 27, said following the jury’s decision, according to WPTV, “and I can get back to my life.”....The incident on April 7, 2021, followed a dispute with Dominique Jones, who was allegedly Rudolph’s girlfriend....It ended with Rudolph later shooting toward a car containing four men who had confronted him following the dispute, killing one — Sebastien Jean-Jacques.....

https://nypost.com/2023/06/07/ex-giant-travis-rudolph-found-not-guilty-in-murder-case/

3 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/06/20/diners-describe-horror-as-man-with-axe-allegedly-attacks-patrons/

so weird. It’s almost as if, and stay with me here, if you take the guns out of peoples hands, it’s more difficult to kill people. Such a bizarre concept. 

Of course it is, and too many gun nuts try to avoid that fact.  But you also seem to be for guns in the home or at least OK with it, so I don't understand your seeming leaning toward a gun ban.  

1 hour ago, BuckSwope said:

Of course it is, and too many gun nuts try to avoid that fact.  But you also seem to be for guns in the home or at least OK with it, so I don't understand your seeming leaning toward a gun ban.  

yeah, I’m OK if you have one at your house. I’ve said that yet Blue Horse Shoe keeps trotting out these stories of people defending their homes which I said is perfectly OK. 

I just think pulling those few and far between stories out as a reason to have guns somehow justifies the thousands that are killed every year with guns much less the legal gun owners that snap that they like to act like it doesn’t happen. 

they don’t mind keeping guns out of bad peoples hands, but they just want certain bad people not to have them. My point is I’m more worried about the suburban gun owner that I am the gang banger.

17 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

yeah, I’m OK if you have one at your house. I’ve said that yet Blue Horse Shoe keeps trotting out these stories of people defending their homes which I said is perfectly OK. 

I just think pulling those few and far between stories out as a reason to have guns somehow justifies the thousands that are killed every year with guns much less the legal gun owners that snap that they like to act like it doesn’t happen. 

they don’t mind keeping guns out of bad peoples hands, but they just want certain bad people not to have them. My point is I’m more worried about the suburban gun owner that I am the gang banger.

I don't care if criminals kill criminals. Dime a dozen. Every person who defends themself from invasion is a 1000x b feel good story.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

I don't care if criminals kill criminals. Dime a dozen. Every person who defends themself from invasion is a 1000x b feel good story.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Guns don't kill people, but they make it easier and more efficient in most cases.  

2 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Of course the back and forth of anecdotes is pointless.  We are going to find clear cut cases of good and bad. I've read stories of legit good guys with guns preventing a shooting because they were carrying, and I've read examples of dumb arguments ending in death because someone got a gun.  Both sides use one of those and ignore the others, and because of lobbyists and such we don't have great numbers either way, so here we are posting examples back and forth. 

https://www.livenowfox.com/news/7-year-old-shoots-and-kills-5-year-old-child-inside-kentucky-home

there’s also countless stories like this. Actually statistically, we don’t go a week where a child under seven doesn’t find a gun and they either kill themselves or another family member. But yeah, people kill people or something. 

• Thanks 1