Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

TV Writer Strike!

All of Late Night TV shows could be done by tomorrow. What a shame and they need writers for 20 minutes of Trump jokes a night ?

• Thanks 3

If a joke is told in a forest where nobody hears it, is it still funny?

2 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

I'd rather have a root canal on a perfectly healthy tooth than watch one of those. 

Same.  Haven't watch late night since Letterman.  

5 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Same.  Haven't watch late night since Letterman.  

I always preferred Craig Ferguson 

• Like 1

I hope they don’t come back. 

• Like 2

Those supposed writers without any original ideas and are as vapid minded as anyone making movies today. Fawking allow new ideas from those who have them. 

They want to strike? Good. We have thousands more creative minds have been waiting for this opportunity. 

Have a friend in the writers guild who is brilliant. Can’t get a foot in the door because of the old guard. 

I like this. I’m ready to get back in. 

• Like 2

This has to be the easiest strike in history to break in the history of strikes. Bunch of Ivy League educated rich kids with cushy jobs that don’t even have to be good at them.  You could pull memes off the internet and just repeat them and it would be better. 

14 hours ago, Strike said:

Keep me out of this!!! :mad:

It took me 14 hours, but I just got this...that's one of my best times!   :pointstosky:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't watch network tv, so this isn't an issue for me.

Same here

Oh no....not the writers....😑

7 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

No SNL this week then. 

It would be funnier if it didn't exist at all. As it is, it serves as a black hole that sucks in all the funny that comes near it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

No SNL this week then. 

Weekend update still awesome

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Yes. And the occasional skit.

I think Al Franken is available. 

Not a coincidence that James Corden just had his last show. God, he sucked.

Craig Ferguson was the last good one. 

Of course, the big difference this time? One chatbot could kick out a thousand monologues before the first commercial. 

And do better.

12 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Not a coincidence that James Corden just had his last show. God, he sucked.

Craig Ferguson was the last good one. 

That is a good point and yea he had to know. Yea he sucked and they all do.

They are hiring new writers to replace the old. Love it. 

No one cares.  In fact, I think the quality of the writing has gotten better since they all went on strike.

To be honest, writer's rooms have been churning out s*** for quite some time now.  They've been infiltrated by liberal activists that are masquerading as writers focusing on what they want the world to be like instead of just focusing on what consumers want: a good story with good characters. We don't get any of that anymore. All we get is preaching.

Hollywood is mostly filled with the most insufferable people on the planet. Good riddance I say. Frankly, I hope they stay on strike for 20 years.

56 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

No one cares.  In fact, I think the quality of the writing has gotten better since they all went on strike.

To be honest, writer's rooms have been churning out s*** for quite some time now.  They've been infiltrated by liberal activists that are masquerading as writers focusing on what they want the world to be like instead of just focusing on what consumers want: a good story with good characters. We don't get any of that anymore. All we get is preaching.

Hollywood is mostly filled with the most insufferable people on the planet. Good riddance I say. Frankly, I hope they stay on strike for 20 years.

Haven’t followed this at all but I thought that this impacted pretty much everything except soap operas and reality shows.

5 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This. My family doesn't watch TV and just uses the internet.

The strike's over though, so expect more trannies coming to your living rooms soon.

15 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The strike's over though, so expect more trannies coming to your living rooms soon.

Same question as above wasn’t all the streaming services and movies impacted by this thing?

I get that network TV is mostly garbage but these writers also help create all the content watched on Netflix, Hulu, Apple, etc and movies. At least that’s how I understood it.

9 hours ago, Drizzay said:

If a tree falls in the woods...

It becomes a log. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Ughh...I shouldn't have said anything.  Now I feel I jinxed it.  :doh:

4 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Could you please provide some examples of what you are talking about here?  

4 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Great post.  Sums it up nice nicely  

3 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Same question as above wasn’t all the streaming services and movies impacted by this thing?

I get that network TV is mostly garbage but these writers also help create all the content watched on Netflix, Hulu, Apple, etc and movies. At least that’s how I understood it.

Yes, but much of the downside of the strike will be felt in the future for industries like movies.    We won't see a downtick there until 2024 or so - stuff that wasn't done being written and can't start shooting.   Similar with streaming shows.   Most didn't notice yet because it's largely rerun season besides the talk shows and the services had enough stuff finished to keep on trucking for a bit during the strike and beyond.