Fumbleweed

**2023 PGA Championship Thread**

3 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Nah. I'll be up and running again for the US Open. Sometimes, you call it right and sometimes you don't. After the way your drafted team performed, I'm surprised you're in here slinging arrows... 

Just busting your eggs. Who was the only person to miss the Edex cut? :ninja: 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Just busting your eggs. Who was the only person to miss the Edex cut? :ninja: 

That would be the Masters champion... :cheers:

Big props to the PGA and how they totally killed it this week. 

Not only did they deliver on an iconic venue, but the set up was absolutely perfect. Brutally hard track, but totally playable and fair all at the same time. 

And last but not least, did anyone (else) notice - no mention of slow play this week? All the rain, all the trying conditions thrown at them - and not a peep about slow play............... Coincidence? Mmmm if you say so. I think it's 100% contributed to the fact Rangefinders were allowed to be used. The USGA and R&A should prolly take note. 

26 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

And last but not least, did anyone (else) notice - no mention of slow play this week? All the rain, all the trying conditions thrown at them - and not a peep about slow play............... Coincidence? Mmmm if you say so. I think it's 100% contributed to the fact Rangefinders were allowed to be used. The USGA and R&A should prolly take note. 

100%

I don't think there is anyone more insufferable than Chamblee. Loved watching him try not to cry while they were all discussing what it meant for LIV and the possibility of Brooks on the ryder cup team. :lol:

Brad Faxon was in total disagreement with him but tried his best to be like "I get it, I get it.. but..."

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

I don't think there is anyone more insufferable than Chamblee. Loved watching him try not to cry while they were all discussing what it meant for LIV and the possibility of Brooks on the ryder cup team. :lol:

Brad Faxon was in total disagreement with him but tried his best to be like "I get it, I get it.. but..."

Chamblee is a bigger douche than Stephan A Smiff

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I saw the Faxon exchange. Fax totally nut kicked Shamblee when he said (referring to the RC), “But they’re not playing for money.”  It was priceless. 😂

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Big props to the PGA and how the totally killed it this week. 

Not only did they deliver on an iconic venue, but the set up was absolutely perfect. Brutally hard track, but totally playable and fair all at the same time. 

The PGA of America runs a GREAT major. Having been there for four in person, I really admire what they do. It's a shame they're not held in higher esteem because they do it right and they've got some great courses in the rotation. 

14 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

The PGA of America runs a GREAT major. Having been there for four in person, I really admire what they do. It's a shame they're not held in higher esteem because they do it right and they've got some great courses in the rotation. 

It’s just something unfortunate that won’t ever change because while us golf fans love it, there’s nothing really unique about it comparatively speaking and I’ve been to 2 myself. 

The Masters has Augusta and the green jacket. The open championship is a generally different and exciting viewing experience for fans over here waking up early, seeing courses and conditions we are not used to and the claret jug. The US Open needs no explanation. 

The Players almost feels more special than the PGA. At least when the PGA was 4th and had the glory’s last shot moniker… it helped add a little luster. 

6 hours ago, Fumbleweed said:

They truly do, they set the standard in how majors should be run. They also tend to be ahead of the curve on several things, i.e. rangefinders… This PGA was a total home run, I hope they return back to Oak Hill soon. 

Is it just me or does Block give off d-bag vibes?   I was watching more interviews with him today and dude just seems cringy.  He prob beats his wife and kicks his dog.  

21 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Is it just me or does Block give off d-bag vibes?   I was watching more interviews with him today and dude just seems cringy.  He prob beats his wife and kicks his dog.  

Meh. I think he’s just enjoying his 15 minutes before he fades back into obscurity. 

57 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I really don't get that vibe at all. He seems genuinely humble and appreciative of his lot in life. Also seemed very proud of his family, mentioned them often - not generally the speak of d-bags. 

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Those are the eyes of man that has been enjoying some nose nachos. 

11 hours ago, Fireballer said:

No, not at all, watching that all weekend was awesome. What a ride that dude was on, living all of our wildest dreams. He handled it about as well was anyone could. 

Is it just me or does Block give off d-bag vibes?   

I think you were looking in the mirror. 

Only a tiny tiny bit....but a little.  Still..Hes likable.  Got an exemption to this weeks tourney.  Hes certainly more watchable than any pga pro right now.  

9 hours ago, Fireballer said:

I love Bob Menry and the RipperMagoo podcast. 

Mr. Block sure has confidence in himself. 

6 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Shamblee calling anyone else soft, what a joke. He blocked me on Twitter after I called him out one time. He responded twice - then blocked me. 

He's a focking tool. 

• Haha 1