Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

Where is Bijan Robinson drafted?

So RT Sports has his adp at #13 in ppr. McCaffrey, Ekeler, Barkley, Jacobs, and Taylor listed ahead of him, with Kelce and WR's rounding out the top 12. Ekeler's status is unknown at this point due to contract concerns. Jacobs has a new QB and regression is possible. Barkley is solid but Jones is a td vulture. Taylor looking to bounce back but could see eight man fronts all season and possibly a rookie QB at some point. 

All that said where would you draft Robinson? I'd rank him the third rb behind McCaffrey and Barkley as of now, The Atlanta offense will run through him and rookie rb's with his talent are often a good pick. With Jeffersen and Chase top five I could see him as the fifth player drafted in ppr.

Very aggressive I suspect but the reward could be worth the risk.

Thoughts?

I've seen him listed as the top player in some dynasty rankings. I think that's a bit much.

In redraft, 12 team league though?

I think he's gonna be a 1st round pick. Probably 8-12 range, after Henry, CMC, Barkley, J Jefferson, Chase, and probably a couple of others.

Atlanta isn't exactly a great spot. They have one of the worst QB situations in the NFL. They don't exactly have an abundance of playmakers outside of Kyle Pitts or Drake London, and even those two have a bit to prove. Allegrier played well late, and Cordarelle Patterson, if he stays around, could vulture TDs.

That said, he's a highly touted 3 down RB on a team that likes to run with their RBs. I don't think late first round is a bad time to pick him.

Yeah, as of now that seems reasonable. Still, I think back to when the Chiefs drafted CEH. In Fuzzy's FF leagues he was getting taken top five, sometimes top three in ppr. That was all players ranked not just rb's. Complete overreaction because he was in Andy Reids offense. Robinson is in a much different situation but could generate the same kind of response. 

I read an interesting analysis recently about WR's replacing rb's as the better option in early rounds. That's the one variable that could push him down the board. Jefferson, Chase, Hill, Adams, Diggs, Brown, Kelce, all represent great value early.

I've been told from a very credible source that Deuce Vaughn is a generational talent. So clearly, he should be drafted ahead of Bijan. Maybe # 1 overall...

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

I've been told from a very credible source that Deuce Vaughn is a generational talent. So clearly, he should be drafted ahead of Bijan. Maybe # 1 overall...

Are you ok?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wolves111 said:

Are you ok?

No I didn’t believe it myself at first. But did you know Deuce has a 30 minute highlight video? I mean, nuts right?

2 hours ago, wolves111 said:

Yeah, as of now that seems reasonable. Still, I think back to when the Chiefs drafted CEH. In Fuzzy's FF leagues he was getting taken top five, sometimes top three in ppr. That was all players ranked not just rb's. Complete overreaction because he was in Andy Reids offense. Robinson is in a much different situation but could generate the same kind of response. 

CEH was drafted at the bottom of round one.  Barkley (who was also a top 10 pick) would be a better comparison and he did just fine as a rookie.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

That's what you get when you don't listen to Axe Elf--THE credible source.

Bijan should be drafted among the top 3 for sure, and 1st overall wouldn't be out of the question.

I think it's not out of the question he could go top 3 bit I'm more inclined to think he's around pick #5 with CMC,HENRY, JEFFERSON and CHASE the first 4. Surely he could be picked before Hill,Diggs and Adams. Don't know what his O-line will be like but Allgeier and Patterson did ok. Bijan will no doubt touch the ball a ton so I don't think 1800 total yds isn't out of the question. One dynasty league I'm in with keeping up to 8 players I have pick 1.01 and there's no doubt I'll be taking Bijan. My keepers are decent with 2QB's, 3WR's, 1TE and 2RB's, my pick of Robinson will certainly help my team. He'll defintely be drafted in the 1st round in leagues and I don't see him falling further than #10 depending on the leagues setup.

3 hours ago, Showboat said:

CEH was drafted at the bottom of round one.  Barkley (who was also a top 10 pick) would be a better comparison and he did just fine as a rookie.

I was referring to the hype when he was drafted so high in FF. 

6 hours ago, jrokh said:

I've been told from a very credible source that Deuce Vaughn is a generational talent

In the 6th round??  😂

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Bijan should be drafted among the top 3 for sure, and 1st overall wouldn't be out of the question.

He would definitely be the first RB off my board. He's probably only second to Jefferson in redraft, IMO. 

I wouldn’t draft Henry ahead of Robinson. 

On 5/3/2023 at 12:46 PM, AxeElf said:

Head coach Arthur Smith recently: "We may have the idea we want to get guys a certain number of carries, and then all of a sudden Allgeier gets a hot hand, and what you're doing with him is working. Don't be rigid. We have to win the game."

Can't get mad at Arthur Smith if Bijan doesn't get the massive workload ya excepted.   :ninja:

12 team .5 ppr. I took him 10th. Saquon, Pollard and Jacobs were still available. Took Henry on the turn.

On 8/21/2023 at 7:49 PM, LaChup said:

Atlanta, 1st round. He was the first RB off the board. 

first off the board?  wow. 

I know hes good, and running behind a very good run blocking line but this might be pushing it for a guy who has never played a down of professional football.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

first off the board?  wow. 

I know hes good, and running behind a very good run blocking line but this might be pushing it for a guy who has never played a down of professional football.

I think he was talking about the actual NFL draft, not fantasy football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBT said:

I think he was talking about the actual NFL draft, not fantasy football.

ok.   yeah I think he was in the discussion for #1 overall but many considered him to be a bit of a longshot to go #1.   either way I misunderstood, we are now clear.

• Like 1

End of the first, beginning of the second. If you really want to mess with them, take Allgeier in the third and snicker a little bit.

in our keeper league auction he went for the most money.

16 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

in our keeper league auction he went for the most money.

I get the thinking... kid supposedly has generational talent and he's on run-first team with a good o-line. Makes sense.

But how sure are we he'll get enough carries, receptions and Tds to justify RB 1-3 ? The Falcons probably won't make the playoffs (8.5 o/u), so is the coach gonna workhorse his prized new Rb into the dirt this year? Especially with Allgier there who was good last year (4.9 ypc). Atlanta rarely threw to Rbs even with Cordarrelle - they have the same OC this year so that probably won't change much. Team is led by 2nd year Desmond Ridder who has 4 career starts, and Falcons might be facing lots of stacked box defenses. Probably not gonna be a high-flying offense this season so Tds could be in short supply.

It just doesn't add up to me.  :dunno: