Blue Horseshoe

Governor Newsom (D) CA Reparations Panel: $1.2 Million Per Black Resident (EDIT: Now 14 Trillion)

Please do it. Make it a question every democrat has to answer from now on.  Do you support reparations? 

4 hours ago, lod001 said:

LOL. Will not happen at all. Just like the SF $5 million carrot they dangled. It's all to maintain votes.

The Dems are adopting the Biden 2022 playbook of promising things they have no intention of delivering.  

Oh, you mean I can't just unilaterally decide that I'm going to forgive student loans?  That's so weird I didn't know that until after the mid term elections.  Of course, idiots lap it right up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Wait a minute???  Is this like the student loan payoff scam?

This is awesome. They lose either way.  

Just now, lickin_starfish said:

To be fair, it's like the Republicans promising justice and rule of law, but when they gain power, you just hear crickets.

I dunno. There may not be enough adults in California to stop this.  Democrats have never demonstrated the ability to say to 'no' to their left flank freaks. 🤞

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 6:54 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

So, I'm curious.  Let's say that California does go through with this and give every black resident a $1.2M payment.  What happens if in 5 years, 90% (or more), of those black folks file for bankruptcy?  Or, what happens if the crime rate among blacks drops... but in 5 years, is back to where it was, 'pre-reparations'?

It is cute you think it is a hypothetical.

17 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

As predicted this thread is dominated by conservatives who so want this to happen (it never will.) You guys are so pathetic. 

I don't want it to happen.  If this goes thru, the chance of another Civil War increases exponentially.  We're going to see violence that's going to dwarf what we saw when BLM/Antifa raged thru cities for 2 years.  I don't want that.

30 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

As predicted this thread is dominated by conservatives who so want this to happen (it never will.) You guys are so pathetic. 

What’s pathetic is your dumb party even entertaining this clown boy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not enough. Should be annual payments of 6 million per year for ever.

39 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It's fun to watch unfold. The chickens that California liberals have indoctrinated with their anti-American hate and racial resentment are coming home to roost. Will California liberals actually be able to stand up and say "no" to them for the first time ever.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

What California Democrats discussing reparations looks like.

The Jimmy Kimmells of the California legislature are going to have to actually grow a spine for the first time ever or they're going to get rolled. It'd be fun to see them explain why black Californians aren't entitled to $1.2 million. It'd be painful but needed if they are ever going to get cured ... or they can just roll over again as usual.

On 5/5/2023 at 8:54 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

So, I'm curious.  Let's say that California does go through with this and give every black resident a $1.2M payment.  What happens if in 5 years, 90% (or more), of those black folks file for bankruptcy?  Or, what happens if the crime rate among blacks drops... but in 5 years, is back to where it was, 'pre-reparations'?

5yrs we have the purge.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yeah, it’s the rights fault. As usual. 

I want to see the sh1t show of how this would be implemented. 

First CA would need to spend $100s of millions to set up the "reparations payment agency".  They would need to hire 1000s of workers to validate slave ancestry, all while dealing with a population that have been told they are incapable of getting IDs, as well as a good percentage not even knowing who their father is.

What if welfare Baby Momma A has 6 kids from 4 different fathers yet only kids 3 & 4 was from a sperm donor who happened to have PROOF of slave ancestry?  Tough sh1t for Momma and siblings 1, 2, 5, and 6 I suppose. 

How long must you have been a CA resident? I imagine you'd see a huge influx of "candidates" descending on the state like flies to a pile of sh1t. 

The can of worms this would open would be glorious to behold. Of course I'm sure these commissions never thought any farther than "give me my free money!!!!" 

🍿

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, it’s the rights fault. As usual. 

I was wondering who predicted the thread would be dominated by conservatives would back it as he claims.

I’m against it 100% but if you’re going to give them money it shouldn’t be for slavery. It should be for their built in disabilities. 

The Left:  "OMG!  WE NEED TO GIVE 2 MILLION DOLLARS EACH IN REPARATIONS TO BLACK PEOPLE!  SORRY EVERYONE ELSE - GO POUND SAND!"

The Right: "WTF?  THIS ISN'T GOING TO END WELL."

Tim: "OMG!  WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO FOCUSED ON THIS!"

Just another shining example of the Left pushing crazy and volatile sh#t in people's faces then getting all indignant when those very same people speak up about the sh#t they're getting pushed in their face.  :doh:

45 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

The Left:  "OMG!  WE NEED TO GIVE 2 MILLION DOLLARS EACH IN REPARATIONS TO BLACK PEOPLE!  SORRY EVERYONE ELSE - GO POUND SAND!"

Just another shining example of the Left pushing crazy and volatile sh#t in people's faces then getting all indignant when those very same people speak up about the sh#t they're getting pushed in their face.  :doh:

You would think these are not real people and that nobody could be this awful but I live in Massachusetts and am surrounded by these retards. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Fucktard. 👆

2020's white Americans are the new 1930's German jews.  

On 5/5/2023 at 5:54 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Activists demand higher payments from California reparations task force: '$200 million' per person

....Activists on Saturday demanded that the state of California pay millions of dollars to each Black resident in reparations as a way to make amends for slavery and subsequent discrimination, dismissing the mammoth proposals from California's reparations task force as too little.....The demands were made at a highly explosive official meeting of the task force, which was created by state legislation signed by Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom in 2020. The committee was hearing comments from the public as it considers final recommendations to submit to the California Legislature, which will then decide whether to implement the measures and send them to Newsom's desk to be signed into law.....

...."You know that the numbers should be equivocal to what an acre was back then. We were given 40, OK? We were given 40 acres. ....So, the equivocal number from the 1860s for 40 acres to today is $200 million for each and every African-American.....Tell Governor Newsom we're coming. He knows me."

....Economists predicted in a preliminary estimate in March that California's reparations plan could cost the state more than $800 billion. The task force, which consulted five economists and policy experts to arrive at the number, said at the time that the total didn't include compensation for property that the group says was taken unjustly or for the devaluation of Black-owned businesses.....California's total annual state budget sits at roughly $300 billion.....These estimates include, for example, losing $2,352 per person per year of California residence for the over-policing of Black communities, $3,366 per person per year of residence for "discriminatory lending and zoning," $13,619 per person per year of residence for "injustices and discrimination in health" and $77,000 per person for Black-owned business losses and devaluations.....

...."$1.2 million is nowhere near enough. It should be starting at least $5 million like San Francisco," said one woman. "We want direct cash payments just like how the stimulus [checks] were sent out. It's our inheritance, and we can handle it....."...... Newsom announced in January that the state faces a projected budget deficit of $22.5 billion for the coming fiscal year. Weeks later, the California Legislative Analyst's Office, a government agency that analyzes the budget for the state legislature, estimated in a subsequent report that Newsom's forecast undershot the mark by about $7 billion......... however, sparks flew throughout the chaotic, emotionally charged gathering as arguments broke out. Indeed, many attendees spoke out of turn and interrupted each other, leading Kamilah Moore, the task force chair, to call for security to remove people multiple times.....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/activists-demand-higher-payments-calif-reparations-committee-200-million-per-person

In 1850, California joined the Union as a "free state".  It's initial state Constitution expressly outlawed slavery. That part of the equation seems to be ignored by the radical left. 

Apparently some fringe lunatic activists wanted to answer your very good question for you. If 1.2 million is not enough, they want it bumped up to 200 million. After all, it's clearly "their inheritance" and "they can handle it"

This is like that mountain climber game on The Price is Right. 

First it was 1.2 million.  Then SF tossed out 5 million.  Now it's 200 million.

How much higher can these folks demand from a non-slave state before the dude/CA falls off the cliff?

:lol:

Oakland school board says yes to reparations for Black students, no to banning school closures

....The Oakland Unified School District board approved a resolution Wednesday night to provide more resources to the district’s roughly 7,800 Black students—but without support from the two board directors who sponsored the original initiative. ....The Reparations for Black Students resolution will create a task force to monitor Black students’ academic performance, examine the learning gaps between Black students and others, fundraise for Black families who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, and provide anti-racism training to OUSD teachers and staff.....

......Supporters of the resolution, which was introduced Wednesday by District 3 Director VanCedric Williams and District 5 Director Mike Hutchinson, had hoped the board would approve it without any amendments or changes. But two votes to pass the resolution as-is failed. To supporters, the vote was viewed as an affront to the hundreds of Black families and students who have been organizing for two years to create the reparations policy......“I am so insulted that you are doing this to our community.....What you’re saying is, unless the district has the ability to close Black schools, they can’t manage their budget.”

....District leaders have defended school closures as one way to address budget shortfalls and declining enrollment. With fewer schools, OUSD can spend less money on utilities, staffing, and other costs required to maintain school buildings.....The district has closed more than a dozen schools since 2004, but OUSD’s financial troubles still exist. During the 2022-2023 school year, the district is projected to have a deficit of $58 million.....The Reparations for Black Students policy initially included a requirement that OUSD schools with Black populations higher than 30% be designated as historically Black and protected from any future closures.....OUSD Superintendent Kyla Johnson-Trammell still objected. ....“As the superintendent, I cannot support language that prevents the district from making difficult decisions to ensure financial solvency,” she said at Wednesday’s board meeting....

https://oaklandside.org/2021/03/25/oakland-black-student-reparations-school-closures/

https://www.ousd.org/reparations

13 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yup. Bullseye. Don’t fight in the culture wars we start! 

On 5/6/2023 at 11:38 AM, The Real timschochet said:

So to you, the problem is the conservatives reactions, not the liberal politicians lying, pandering, and misleading the electorate (if what you claim "it never will" happen, is true), to ensure political stability and elitism?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So to you, the problem is the conservatives reactions, not the liberal politicians lying, pandering, and misleading the electorate (if what you claim "it never will" happen, is true), to ensure political stability and elitism?

Isn’t it clear by now this poster is nothing but a troll?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Any liberal politician who indicates support for this in anyway is an idiot and deserves whatever scorn you or anyone else wants to heap on them. 

But that doesn’t change the fact that this thread is dominated by conservatives who want to be outraged over something that’s never going to happen, so that they can say stupid and crazy sh!t like white people are today’s German Jews. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Any liberal politician who indicates support for this in anyway is an idiot and deserves whatever scorn you or anyone else wants to heap on them. 

But that doesn’t change the fact that this thread is dominated by conservatives who want to be outraged over something that’s never going to happen, so that they can say stupid and crazy sh!t like white people are today’s German Jews. 

There was a time when I never thought mainstream Democrats would deny that biological sex exists, yet we are there today.  I don't think in this climate it's reasonable to think that anything is out of bounds for what could happen or be advocated for given where we already have come.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I remember when you and your side said that trannies only wanted to be called by their made up pronouns and there was no slippery slope.

Now they're invading women's locker rooms, bathrooms, grooming kids and demanding that straight people date them.  So, forgive us if we call BS on your attempts to define this as "outrage".  This is the culture war YOUR side started, so don't start gaslighting others when they engage you in your culture war.

• Like 1

California is cracking down on NIMBY cities. But when will it build housing in its own backyard?

.....Faced with a statewide housing crisis, California has increasingly moved to muscle NIMBY local governments into building against their will. The state announced Monday that it’s suing the Sacramento County city of Elk Grove for denying a proposed 66-unit affordable housing complex. And it recently strong-armed San Francisco into approving three contentious projects, including a notorious 495-unit tower on a Nordstrom valet parking lot.....But when it comes to building desperately needed housing, California’s government isn’t just the arbiter of state laws — it’s also a vast landholder. The state owns about 7.6 million acres of real estate across California, including nearly 58 million square feet of office space, according to the state Department of General Services.....

....It was the first project completed under a 2019 executive order from Gov. Gavin Newsom that directed the Department of General Services to identify excess state properties suitable for affordable housing and expediently make them available for development. But a March 2022 state audit found that although the department had identified 92 properties that could yield 32,000 housing units, only 19 properties had been offered and it would likely take seven years to make the remaining 73 available. ....California is exempt from paying property taxes on space it owns or leases, which has constrained Sacramento’s revenues and limited its ability to invest in essential public services, said Barry Broome, president and CEO of the Greater Sacramento Economic Council.....“What we need Governor Newsom to do is … vacate the real estate … and then we’ll deliver a tax base for California and a more dynamic downtown,” Broome told me.....

...Given California’s worsening affordability and homelessness crises, we can’t afford to wait years for excess state properties to become available. If the state really wants to take a stand against NIMBYism, it must become a more efficient model for what it means to say yes in its own backyard.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/article/california-nimby-state-housing-17915441.php

Here’s how to check which California companies are planning mass layoffs, major closures

.....a federal law called the WARN Act, which stands for Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act. Essentially, the law requires large employers to give 60 days of advanced notice when they are cutting a large number of jobs....California has its own WARN Act that goes even further and requires even medium-sized businesses or nonprofits to comply. The state law applies to any organization that has employed at least 75 people, part-time or full-time, in the past 12 months.
Those employers are required to issue a notice when they are (1) laying off 50 or more employees in a 30-day period, (2) closing down a plant, regardless of the number of employees affected, or (3) relocating by more than 100 miles.....

For-profit and non-profit companies are covered by the law, but government jobs are not....

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/heres-how-to-check-which-california-companies-are-planning-mass-layoffs-major-closures/

Where is the tax base to pay for these reparations? 

As California faces a large exodus because of the high cost of doing business and with stringent regulations, then you add in the cost of living, cost of housing and the crime/homelessness problem, why would employers want to be there? 

Now you tell the remaining businesses that they will be on the hook for the majority of the cost of giving 1.2 million or 5 million or 200 million for each black resident, then what does everyone think is going to happen? 

6 hours ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Do rappers and pro athletes get reparations?

Their black ancestors were sold by black African slave traders and were ultimately saved by brave white American soldiers too. So yes.

There it is. 🤣

No $, gonna instead "advance systemic changes", which $ cant buy. 🤣🤣🤣

FIRST ON FOX: California Gov. Gavin Newsom declined to endorse the cash payments – which could reach as high as $1.2 million for a single recipient – recommended by his reparations task force, telling Fox News Digital that dealing with the legacy of slavery "is about much more than cash payments."

"Following the Task Force’s submission of its final report this summer, I look forward to a continued partnership with the Legislature to advance systemic changes that ensure an inclusive and equitable future for all Californians."