Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Corned beef hash and eggs

Probably my favorite breakfast of all time.

And none of this artisanal bull crap either. I don't want corned turkey with yam and parsnips. I will stab you in the throat for that.

I'm currently eating it in a Jewish deli. Which is the best place to get real corned beef. 

God's food. Great memories.

Big fan.

In my top 5 breakfast for sure.

Number one probably Eggs Benedict, Ham, good crispy hash browns with some onions and green pepper or a well made breakfast potato. 

Pop tarts.  

Egg in a hole side of corned beef hash. 

Western omelet 

Fried egg on a roll cheese ham ketchup salt and pepper 

Turned my Exec chef on to my own creation:

Deviled Egg. Except stuff with  corned beef, thin pickled jalapeño on top of that with deviled egg dollop on top of that. Garnish egg white with Tony C. 

(Or, if you're one of those ingredients of the month types, replace Tony C with tamari. The current hipster accoutrement to overpriced Bloody Marys on sunday.)

I think it's going to end up on our Mother's Day menu.

Deelish. 

Pizza from last night, and cold spaghetti.  Mmmm.  

Food is one of those referential touch points that stick with people even when they get hit with dementia or TBI.

For me, corned beef hash is not only incredibly tasty. But it's the one thing that me and my dad shared when we go fishing at oh dark 30. He's fry it up in a small cast iron skillet that only he ever used. 

To this day, I treat cast iron with more reverence than I would the Ark of the covenant.

The only way I could snap my mom back in the throes of the worst of it was to make some of her best dishes.

I had a roommate one time. All he ate was boiled fish and spinach and egg whites. And when I asked him about it, he very Snidely said "you live to eat! I eat to live."

Yeah well, f*** you a******. I bet you only f***** to propagate too. 

2 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Big fan.

In my top 5 breakfast for sure.

Number one probably Eggs Benedict, Ham, good crispy hash browns with some onions and green pepper or a well made breakfast potato. 

Agreed on eggs benedict, and top 5 for the corned beef as well.  A breakfast place I frequent combines them both -- corned beef hash benedict.  Quite yummy.  :cheers: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Agreed on eggs benedict, and top 5 for the corned beef as well.  A breakfast place I frequent combines them both -- corned beef hash benedict.  Quite yummy.  :cheers: 

Conceptually, sounds very good. But I got to tell you, I just can't do hollandaise sauce. But then again, I'm catholic. 

McDonald's Sausage Egg & Cheese Bagel 

Haven't had one in ages, but damn they were good. Just under 800 calories!

Chocolate chip pancakes.  

Not really a fan, but def appreciate its place in the breakfast hierarchy for many. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Chocolate chip pancakes.  

I vomited those down half a mountain when I was a boy scout. I'm sure the half a can of Kodiak had nothing to do with it.