Sign in to follow this  
League Champion

Anyone Drafting Today?

sorry still in vacation mode.

but you follow whats going on here.  you likely know as well as anyone who your best picks likely are.

good luck

On 5/7/2023 at 11:32 AM, League Champion said:

I was happy to get LaPorta late second along with Chase Brown. 

well, as far as chase brown goes, the scouting report looks pretty good overall.   

if you drafted this kid along with the second tier prospects you did pretty well in my opinion.

a lot of these guys are lotto tickets, but based on the scouting report I like the chances of Chase Brown as much or more than the other lotto tickets out there.

I really needed to address TE once and for all and hopefully I did that. I drafted LaPorta after Kincaid went off the board then I watched Mayer slip to the last pick of the second round. I was able to trade up 2 picks and grab him as well. Hopefully one of them works out. 

hes a nice guy to pick.  do you at least have a veteran to hold the fort until he is ready?   

most TE dont produce exceptionally well in their rookie year so you probably need a bridge player to keep you competitive until the kid is ready.

Just finished an 8 team draft. It was interesting to say the least. Pick 1.05 was WR Smith-Njiba by a Seahawks fan. One guys roster is 80% Saints. I like my roster. Had pick 1.08.and 2.01 to start and took Jefferson and Chase. My roster:

QB-Herbert, Tagovailoa

RB- B.Hall, N.Harris,T.Etienne,I.Pacheco

WR- Jefferson, Chase. A-mon Ra, T. McLaurin

TE- Goedert

PK- J. Moody

DB/EDR/LB- Hufanga, Judon, Okereke

48 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

Just finished an 8 team draft. It was interesting to say the least. Pick 1.05 was WR Smith-Njiba by a Seahawks fan. One guys roster is 80% Saints. I like my roster. Had pick 1.08.and 2.01 to start and took Jefferson and Chase. My roster:

QB-Herbert, Tagovailoa

RB- B.Hall, N.Harris,T.Etienne,I.Pacheco

WR- Jefferson, Chase. A-mon Ra, T. McLaurin

TE- Goedert

PK- J. Moody

DB/EDR/LB- Hufanga, Judon, Okereke

WRs are great and TE nice, but that group of QBs and RBs isn't particularly special for an 8-teamer.

Hopefully it was just a mock.

I'll still roll with them. Compared to a couple of the other teams my rosters not that bad. I think Hall and Harris will have good years and if Tua stays healthy he can help. Pacheco could surprise and I can always switch out D players for someone who get hot. Yet to get Jefferson and Chase I sacrificed a little on the rbs but I still like them.

29 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

WRs are great and TE nice, but that group of QBs and RBs isn't particularly special for an 8-teamer.

Hopefully it was just a mock.

remember herbert or his WR were injured much of last season. I'd look to the previous year in terms of a more likely comparable season to what I expect from him.

and if he returns to that form or anywhere close to it, he will be perfectly fine at QB

I like the team.   nice job.

I can’t rank an eight team league, there isn’t any excuse for not having a very good ff team in a eight team league.  

On 5/14/2023 at 11:47 AM, RareN64Dream said:

Never really tried 8 team before. Your team looks pretty solid I would guess though.

there is a lot of depth.   thats the main difference between an 8 and a 10 teamer.   the dropoff at the low end isnt nearly as big.

But he has elite WR and very good RB with some upside.   Goedert is likey good but hes a bit less proven than the elite options but I do feel like hes gonna take a step forward this year and if he does, he will be just fine at that position.

Generally the offense is plenty good.   as for the defense/kicker, these are positions I dont concern myself with overly much.  in an 8 team league where you roster only 3 there should be lots of depth on the wire if one of these guys gets hurt.    

No one can have a bad team on paper in a 8 team league.  

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

No one can have a bad team on paper in a 8 team league.  

i have seen it done.

maybe the right phrase is..... no one should have a bad team on paper in an 8 team league.

No in a 8 team league no one should have a bad team on paper, never.  How that teams ends up performing is another thing.  

14 hours ago, Ray_T said:

i have seen it done.

maybe the right phrase is..... no one should have a bad team on paper in an 8 team league.

Because you’ve seen it done, doesn’t mean it should be, I find very hard to believe someone can draft a bad team on paper in a league smaller than 12 teams.   If that indeed happens, that person shouldn’t be playing ff.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Because you’ve seen it done, doesn’t mean it should be, I find very hard to believe someone can draft a bad team on paper in a league smaller than 12 teams.   If that indeed happens, that person shouldn’t be playing ff.  

depends on the league.   there is always a bottom dweller in every league.  sometimes more than one.   and not everyone plays fantasy football competitively.  some people who come here are looking for a few tips for their office pool.    

while I agree it shouldnt happen, but it does.   my office league (which I recently quit after 3 championships in 6 years) is not that competitive.

to say they shouldnt be playing ff is a bit of an arrogant view.  we all have to learn sometime and that first year (or two) can be brutal for some.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Weepaws never did.

or he knew it all before he began.......

5 hours ago, Ray_T said:

depends on the league.   there is always a bottom dweller in every league.  sometimes more than one.   and not everyone plays fantasy football competitively.  some people who come here are looking for a few tips for their office pool.    

while I agree it shouldnt happen, but it does.   my office league (which I recently quit after 3 championships in 6 years) is not that competitive.

to say they shouldnt be playing ff is a bit of an arrogant view.  we all have to learn sometime and that first year (or two) can be brutal for some.

I agree with you ,it shouldn’t happen.