Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Dee Snider Dropped by SF Pride for Supporting Transphobic Statements that Paul Stanley Walked Back

https://www.pajiba.com/pajiba_love/dee-snider-dropped-by-sf-pride-for-supporting-transphobic-statements-paul-stanley-walked-back.php

Fans of early 80s metal may meet this news with a mixed response: The lead singer of KISS, Paul Stanley, said some transphobic things on Twitter that he didn’t realize were transphobic; the lead singer of Twister Sister, Dee Snider — a longtime ally of the LGTBQ community — agreed with Stanley and was dropped from San Francisco’s Pride Parade. However, Paul Stanley has since walked back his earlier statements. “I support those struggling with their sexual identity while enduring constant hostility and those whose path leads them to reassignment surgery,” Stanley wrote. “It’s hard to fathom the kind of conviction that one must feel to take those steps.” While Snider did not double down, he is being defensive instead of contrite. It’s a confusing time for the ’80s heavy-metal community. (AV Club) and (KRON4)

Tom Ford has definitely had work, good work, done on his face over the years, so it’s a little hypocritical coming from him. However, I have to agree with him about people going overboard on the fillers (and buccal fat removal) that are making celebrity faces into odd masks of their former faces. - (Celebitchy)

Some real good replies to read and some awful ones,. Good shitter reading material 

These two mastered the art of both dressing like girls and yet maintaining their masculinity. 

They should stand up to these people.  Fight the nonsense that if you disagree you are somehow "phobic", its a weasly way to avoid defending against objections. 

I hate it when musicians voice out on political issues. Put it in a song like back in the day. I have left a Neil Young concert because he kept talking politics, and I love his music.

Is that a Twisted Sister pin?  On your uniform???

Fun but sad fact:  my first ever concert was Twisted Sister.  It was supposed to be Iron Maiden, but they had to cancel due to Bruce Dickinson having bronchitis. 

Funny how the ads in the paper for the show - remember this was pre internet - had warnings about the adult language.  Oh my good gracious they have a song called SMF (Sick Mother Focker) and that Dee Snider would say the dreaded F word.  :shocking:

The show was downright PG by today's standards.

Thread made me think of the song.... money for nothing by Dire Straits.

Were they referring to someone in particular in verse 4 ?

See the little fagg** with the earring and the makeup
Yeah buddy that's his own hair
That little fagg** got his own jet airplane
That little fagg** he's a millionaire

17 hours ago, paulinstl said:

I hate it when musicians voice out on political issues. Put it in a song like back in the day. I have left a Neil Young concert because he kept talking politics, and I love his music.

Dee Snider is a very intelligent man. I respect what he has to say. Paul Stanley, not so much.  Dee Snider is also straight. Paul Stanley, not so much

Remember this?

13 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

They're not gonna take it....

oh contraire mon frere, they will take it right in the rear. 

• Haha 1

I didn’t think anything Staley said was transphobic. He’s definitely got “FU” $ and didn’t need to walk anything back.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I didn’t think anything Staley said was transphobic. He’s definitely got “FU” $ and didn’t need to walk anything back.

100% 

He is 71. He really worried about being canceled? 

25 minutes ago, edjr said:

100% 

He is 71. He really worried about being canceled? 

He probably is worried about ticking off someone who might otherwise be dumb enough to listen to KISS and give them money.

Just now, MDC said:

He probably is worried about ticking off someone who might otherwise be dumb enough to listen to KISS and give them money.

20+ years even on Christmas and family vacations. Same old shlt.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think their next "farewell tour" will be their 4th or 5th.  

I'm not sure they can piss of their fans that much

Paul Stanley's net worth is estimated to be $200 million as of 2023. American rock musician Paul Stanley is best known for his work with the rock band "Kiss" as their rhythm guitarist and co-lead vocalist.Feb 23, 2023

12 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Perhaps. Mark Knopfler disingenuously claimed that he was just repeating an actual conversation that he overheard. 

13 hours ago, easilyscan said:

This song was about Motley Crue I believe. 

32 minutes ago, squistion said:

Perhaps. Mark Knopfler disingenuously claimed that he was just repeating an actual conversation that he overheard. 

Disigenouosly? Why? He said he overheard a conversation between workers in a department store, and they kept saying "little muthaphucka", but Knopfler thought that wouldn't make it past the censors so he changed it to "little phaggot".

2 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Disigenouosly? Why? He said he overheard a conversation between workers in a department store, and they kept saying "little muthaphucka", but Knopfler thought that wouldn't make it past the censors so he changed it to "little phaggot".

Because when people accused him of homophobia or anti-gay bias in the lyrics, his disingenuous IMO response was "that was not me speaking, I was just quoting something I heard" 🙄

2 hours ago, squistion said:

Because when people accused him of homophobia or anti-gay bias in the lyrics, his disingenuous IMO response was "that was not me speaking, I was just quoting something I heard" 🙄

Well, he wrote the lyrics in 1985, when it wasn't a big deal. Now people get the vapors over it.

30 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Well, he wrote the lyrics in 1985, when it wasn't a big deal. Now people get the vapors over it.

No, actually it did cause a bit of a controversy at the time. There were complaints by the LGBT+ folks and I recall seeing it discussed in Rolling Stone and the music section of the L.A. Times (which is why I thought it was a disingenuous response as, for instance, it wouldn't fly as an excuse to use the "N" or another black slur and say that you were just repeating something that you overheard). 

3 hours ago, squistion said:

No, actually it did cause a bit of a controversy at the time. There were complaints by the LGBT+ folks and I recall seeing it discussed in Rolling Stone and the music section of the L.A. Times (which is why I thought it was a disingenuous response as, for instance, it wouldn't fly as an excuse to use the "N" or another black slur and say that you were just repeating something that you overheard). 

I don't remember it causing any controversy at the time, but then again, I certainly wasn't plugged into the gay community. And anyway, he didn't say he was just repeating what he heard. He told Rolling Stone that he changed what he heard to "phaggot", because at the time, the word wasn't controversial.

2 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Not right now, but I'll be right back.

Perfect 

6 hours ago, squistion said:

He was obviously speaking from the viewpoint of a blue collar worker and how they view musicians.   I am not sure what is disingenuous about it.  

1 hour ago, Thornton Melon said:

I don't remember it causing any controversy at the time, but then again, I certainly wasn't plugged into the gay community. And anyway, he didn't say he was just repeating what he heard. He told Rolling Stone that he changed what he heard to "phaggot", because at the time, the word wasn't controversial.

The word was considered pejorative at the time so it was controversial, which is why it merited mention in major publications like L.A.Times and Rolling Stone. And it was bleeped out on radio stations here in So Cal (or the record label put out an edited/censored version).

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

He was obviously speaking from the viewpoint of a blue collar worker and how they view musicians.   I am not sure what is disingenuous about it.  

By saying he heard it from someone else, he thought that it excused him of being accused of saying it. Example, if you use a racial slur of any kind, it doesn't cut it to say, "I was just repeating what someone else said, this is not my viewpoint" (bottom line he said it, he owned it).

Old school pro ghey dudes are like “Yo man, fight for your right but leave the kids alone”.  The knew fangled LGBQ+ crowd says, that isn’t enough; we need the kids!

WTF? JFC

6 hours ago, squistion said:

The word was considered pejorative at the time so it was controversial, which is why it merited mention in major publications like L.A.Times and Rolling Stone. And it was bleeped out on radio stations here in So Cal (or the record label put out an edited/censored version).

It wasn't bleeped out on Boston radio stations back then, and I don't remember the video being bleeped out on MTV. And for the millionth time, he didn't say he heard it from someone else. He purposely changed the word he heard.

9 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Turning Japanese?

Lies. It was not about what you think it was about.

3 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

It wasn't bleeped out on Boston radio stations back then, and I don't remember the video being bleeped out on MTV. And for the millionth time, he didn't say he heard it from someone else. He purposely changed the word he heard.

No, the video wasn't bleeped, didn't say that, just the word was excised on radio station play here in L.A.  In the interview I read he claimed he heard it from someone else.

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

?

Was not about jerking off, or cvming or anything sexual.

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

Oh I was just making the reference to the vapors. But I thought it was. So does everyone 

51 minutes ago, edjr said:

What's it about? 

No, the video wasn't bleeped, didn't say that, just the word was excised on radio station play here in L.A.  In the interview I read he claimed he heard it from someone else.

If he claimed he heard that word from someone else, he contradicted what he told Rolling Stone in 1985 when he said he changed what he heard to that word. So I suppose that would be disingenuous in the interview you read, but even more so it was stupid because it was already in print that he came up with the word himself.

He has consistently said the song was based on a conversation he heard in department store.  It had nothing to do with the 2nd verse.  Just stop, you focking poosey.

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Oh I was just making the reference to the vapors. But I thought it was. So does everyone 

I know. it is my life mission to correct that narrative