Sign in to follow this  
Blue Horseshoe

Professional Sports Scandals: Retired NBA Joe Smith Vs "Adult Star" Wife's OnlyFans

Prosecutors: Former Bills punter Matt Araiza wasn't present during alleged gang rape

....Last August, just days after earning the starting job as the Buffalo Bills' punter, rookie Matt Araiza was the subject of a civil lawsuit alleging he and two San Diego State football teammates participated in a gang rape of an intoxicated 17-year-old girl....While little was known publicly, San Diego Police had spent nearly 10 months on the case before forwarding it to the district attorney without a recommendation for prosecution. The Bills said they also knew about the incident, investigated it and decided to employ Araiza anyway.....The graphic allegations in the civil lawsuit, however, created a public frenzy. It included a claim that during an Oct. 15, 2021, party at a home near the SDSU campus, Araiza led the girl into a bedroom where “at least three other men” waited.....“Once inside, Araiza threw [the girl] onto the bed face first,” the lawsuit read. “[The girl] went in and in and out of consciousness while” suffering through “the horrific gang rape.” It lasted an hour and a half, the lawsuit read, before she “stumbled out of the room bloody and crying” in part because “multiple piercings had ripped through the skin during the attack.”

....Within days the Bills cut Araiza, who due to his record breaking NCAA career and an 82-yard punt in a preseason game, had earned the nickname “Punt God.”....“We just think it’s the best move for everyone to move on from Matt and let him take care of this situation,” Buffalo general manager Brandon Beane said.....Araiza remains out of football despite prosecutors announcing on Dec. 7, 2022, that after conducting their own 124-day investigation that they wouldn’t press any criminal charges in the case.....A fuller picture of what police and prosecutors found, however, is now available via a 200-plus page transcript of a 100-minute meeting obtained by Yahoo Sports where a deputy district attorney offered a detailed explanation to the girl and her attorneys.

Perhaps most notably, the district attorney’s office concluded Araiza couldn’t have led the girl into the alleged gang rape because he had “left” the home at about 12:30 a.m., an hour prior to when evidence suggested the alleged gang rape would have occurred.....“He wasn’t even at the party anymore,” deputy district attorney Trisha Amador explained to the girl. Later Amador stated of the timeline of events, “All I know is that at that point, suspect Araiza is gone from the party.”....Additionally, prosecutors told the girl that video recordings of the incident in the bedroom made it impossible to determine, let alone prosecute anyone, on whether there was a gang rape at all that night, rather than consensual sex with the other men....

....Araiza, whose life has been paralyzed since being named in the civil lawsuit, hopes it’s enough for NFL teams to take a second look at him despite the civil suit still being active, according to his attorney. He and the two other players named in the suit vehemently deny any gang rape, knowledge that the girl was below California’s age of consent (18) or or whether she was intoxicated....Any sexual contact, Ariaza has said, was consensual. ....There was additional evidence cited by Amador from a recording during a party the night before at a different residence where the girl says on camera that she is 18.....The timeline prosecutors pieced together suggested this encounter occurred at 12:55 a.m., about a half hour after Araiza had left the house. This incident occurred on a living room sofa with one of the football players who was also named in the civil lawsuit. Parts of this encounter were filmed on a cell phone. Prosecutors said the footage from the cell phone did not suggest any forced behavior.....

The civil lawsuit is continuing and requires a lower threshold of proof than criminal charges.....

https://sports.yahoo.com/prosecutors-former-bills-punter-matt-araiza-wasnt-present-during-alleged-gang-rape-225211550.html

This one is pretty complicated.

On one hand you have the Bills, who you can't really blame for cutting this guy when the accusations came out. They don't need the distractions, whether that's fair or not to Araiza. 

Also a major factor is the MSM and general "sports media" will rush to be first, instead of seeking to be accurate. To get the most clicks and headlines and controversy possible. 

But we still don't know everything that happened. It's said he left before the "alleged gang rape" but there are some indications that something consensual on the side of the building happened. Or not consensual. That's a clear sticking point. 

Technically speaking, Araiza could be cleared of one specific issue at one specific timeline but still have done something he should not have done at a different point. But this becomes "He Said / She Said", and likely lots of alcohol and maybe some drugs were involved. So who really knows. The only thing that is clear is once you are accused, whether you are actually guilty or not, you will be burned immediately. There is no mercy and there is no way to balance the scales if you are actually innocent. You are essentially guilty the exact minute a public accusation comes to the light of day. 

Call me when the investigation is over.  Until then, it’s all speculation.  If this Punt—God was falsely accused, I wouldn’t be surprised in the least.  I know 2 people who have been accused of sexual assault, and in both cases I’m 100% convinced they were both innocent.  In one case I have irrefutable evidence that she lied.

So no, Maizey.  We won’t just “Believe the women.”  We’ll believe the evidence.

“You were approaching men at the party saying, ‘I want you to [expletive] me and if you don’t [expletive] me you’re a [expletive].”

========

[watch Sesame Street with][watch Sesame Street with][meanie]

As a Buffalo fan I was definitely looking forward to having him as their punter.

Lying b1tch casually destroyed his reputation and the start of his professional career.  Hopefully he gets a second chance in the NFL now that her lies have been exposed. 

4 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

this guy got so focked, he should be able to sue her out of existence

turns out he was the only one raped here

She should share a jail cell with the b1tch that framed the Duke lacrosse team. 

#METOO

1 hour ago, Patented Phil said:

“Believe the women!”

I think it is believe all women....I mean, lets not forget its the white men that are the problem, women never lie right?

On 5/9/2023 at 1:35 AM, Blue Horseshoe said:

This one is pretty complicated.

On one hand you have the Bills, who you can't really blame for cutting this guy when the accusations came out. They don't need the distractions, whether that's fair or not to Araiza. 

Also a major factor is the MSM and general "sports media" will rush to be first, instead of seeking to be accurate. To get the most clicks and headlines and controversy possible. 

But we still don't know everything that happened. It's said he left before the "alleged gang rape" but there are some indications that something consensual on the side of the building happened. Or not consensual. That's a clear sticking point. 

Technically speaking, Araiza could be cleared of one specific issue at one specific timeline but still have done something he should not have done at a different point. But this becomes "He Said / She Said", and likely lots of alcohol and maybe some drugs were involved. So who really knows. The only thing that is clear is once you are accused, whether you are actually guilty or not, you will be burned immediately. There is no mercy and there is no way to balance the scales if you are actually innocent. You are essentially guilty the exact minute a public accusation comes to the light of day. 

I have no sympathy or support for them on this.  They claimed that they investigated the situation and felt that releasing him was the way to go.  Well, if they actually investigated the situation, they'd have known he was innocent and wouldn't have needed to release him.  Either that, or they lied about investigating the situation and chose the easy way out.  Either way, I will not say "I can't blame them".

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think it is believe all women....I mean, lets not forget its the white men that are the problem, women never lie right?

"Believe all women" was apparently a "Republican thing", even though its exactly the same meaning as the original quote of "Every woman should be believed".

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

"Believe all women" was apparently a "Republican thing", even though its exactly the same meaning as the original quote of "Every woman should be believed".

And frankly I have no issue with that.  It's intent was to ensure at the opening level, with the police in particular, that the woman was receiving proper support and reaction.  The police SHOULD treat her as being truthful and accurate and investigate, there is NOTHING wrong with that.

NOW....where we diverge is the social/media/political response that automatically indicts and convicts the accused....THAT is some bullsh!t

39 minutes ago, RLLD said:

And frankly I have no issue with that.  It's intent was to ensure at the opening level, with the police in particular, that the woman was receiving proper support and reaction.  The police SHOULD treat her as being truthful and accurate and investigate, there is NOTHING wrong with that.

NOW....where we diverge is the social/media/political response that automatically indicts and convicts the accused....THAT is some bullsh!t

They should never "believe" the woman.  They should always "listen".  They should always "investigate", but no, they should never "believe" them.  That goes for everything, not just rape/sexual assault.

Antonio Brown’s arena football team preparing lawsuit after they say he reversed their final paychecks

...Albany Empire coaches and players are planning to file a class-action lawsuit against owner and former NFL player Antonio Brown after they said he pulled paychecks back out of their bank accounts after their final game.....Empire coach Moe Leggett said he and players were paid for days after their final game against the Orlando Predators, as expected. But less than a week later, they realized the paychecks had been reversed and taken back out from their respective bank accounts.....

....It’s unclear how many Empire staff and players allegedly had their paychecks reversed, or what the amounts were. Leggett said he’s tried repeatedly to reach Brown, his accountant and the team president, but has not received any answers.....“I’m frustrated,” Leggett told the Times Union. “I tried to give [Brown] the benefit of the doubt. I tried to work with him. I was trying to be the peacemaker, the mediator to make sure things ran smoothly and just under the radar. But I can no longer do that.”

.....That alleged issue is just the latest Brown’s team faced in the National Arena League. The NAL terminated the franchise and kicked it out of the league earlier this month after it said Brown failed to make required payments to the league’s operating budget.....Brown, the league said, purchased the team and made the initial required payment in April. He failed to pay in May and then challenged the April payment, which the league said was paid back to him. The league also said that Brown failed to pay a $1,000 fine for public comments, but it’s unclear what comments the NAL was referring to specifically. Brown allegedly owed the league $21,000.....

“I feel like this was his plan all along,” former Empire wide receiver Fabian Guerra told the Times Union. “I feel like he does stuff for social media and to sell his songs. I think it’s just what he does. That’s the type of guy he is. No one trusts him anymore. I see it hard for him to get any future deals going because of how he is as a person.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/antonio-browns-arena-football-team-preparing-lawsuit-after-they-say-he-reversed-their-final-paychecks

President of Wyoming Tennis Board Resigns in Protest of Transgender Player

....The president of the Cheyenne Tennis Association board has resigned in protest of the annual Wyoming Governor’s Cup tournament allowing a biological male, who identifies as transgender, to compete in the women’s division. The former president, Jackie Fulkrod, is now speaking out publicly about collegiate player Brooklyn Ross, 27, playing in this weekend’s tournament.....“I think a man playing against a woman is a very unfair matchup when it’s specifically meant for women in that specific draw,” Fulkrod told the Cowboy State Daily. “I feel like having a transgender athlete compete in the women’s draw is against my personal integrity and what I believe and value.” The roughly six-foot-tall tennis player from Colorado will play in the women’s open singles division....

....Ross claimed that he does not believe that there are many transgender athletes in Wyoming and that his participation will be good for everyone there. “This is an opportunity for them to be able to come see a trans woman competing and see a real example, not a hypothetical or theoretical,” Ross said, “a real person, a real trans person playing the sport.” The United States Tennis Association sanctions the Governor’s Cup, which allows biological men and boys to compete in female games. “Tennis thrives when the sport embraces inclusion,” the USTA’s transgender policy states. “For that reason, tennis is open to all regardless of one’s age, ethnicity, race, religious background, sexual orientation or gender identity....”

.....“Since this event is sanctioned by the USTA, there are usually high school girls who compete in the open women’s class to help boost their standings in hopes of a brighter opportunity for college scholarships,” Rep. Hornok wrote. “They will now have to match their skills against a 6-foot 27-year-old biological male to the potential detriment of their collegiate prospects.....Is the governor going to continue to claim that we discriminate when we don’t allow 6-foot-2 men to compete against girls?”

https://timcast.com/news/president-of-wyoming-tennis-board-resigns-in-protest-of-transgender-player/

Saints tight end Jimmy Graham arrested after medical episode, team believes he may have experienced a seizure

......New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham was arrested in Southern California on Friday night after experiencing a medical episode, the team announced Saturday.....Graham was arrested after exhibiting erratic behavior, per TMZ. After being evaluated by a doctor, the Saints believe Graham experienced a seizure. Graham was released from the hospital Saturday morning and is already back with the Saints. The Saints released a statement Saturday, which read: "New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham experienced a medical episode last evening, which resulted in him becoming disoriented. He was taken into custody by local authorities and transported to a local hospital for evaluation for what Dr. John Amoss believes to be a likely seizure and spent the night under medical supervision and testing. Amoss met Graham at the hospital and is overseeing his care at this time. He was released this morning and is with the team as they continue preparations for Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Chargers...."

.....Graham was reportedly arrested after police received a call about a suspicious person exhibiting erratic behavior. Officers discovered Graham wandering the streets. Police attempted to arrest Graham, who allegedly resisted. Graham was reportedly arrested for "suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance and resisting, delaying and obstructing a police officer," per TMZ. Both are misdemeanors....

https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-tight-end-jimmy-graham-arrested-after-medical-episode-team-believes-he-may-have-experienced-a-seizure-170227195.html

This guy was flying focking jets a few months ago. That is crazy 

46 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Concussions are bad…. 

They are but sad reality is many athletes have a difficult time coping with life after sports.  Many are unemployed in their early 30s and don`t know what to do with themselves.

After getting big paychecks it is hard to get a regular job at pennies on the dollar of previous income.

Colin Kaepernick writes letter to Jets asking for opportunity to ‘lead the practice squad’

Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick wrote a letter to New York Jets general manager Joe Douglas saying he “would be honored and extremely grateful for the opportunity to come in and lead the practice squad,” according to a social post released Tuesday. Here’s what you need to know: The letter was released by rapper J. Cole on Instagram, with Kaepernick’s permission, and is dated Sept. 21. In regards to leading the practice squad, Kaepernick said, “I would do this with the sole mission of getting your defense ready each week.” Kaepernick continued, saying it would give the Jets’ starting defense “a truer read on the more mobile/athletic/versatile quarterbacks” they will face over their next three games in Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson and Jalen Hurts. The Jets have struggled since losing QB Aaron Rodgers, 39, to a season-ending Achilles tear early in the first game of the regular season.

Joe,

I hope this letter finds you in great spirits, despite the less-than-ideal start to a big season. I’m wishing you, your staff, and the players a great game this weekend as you look to bounce back.

I’m writing, of course, in response to the unfortunate loss of Aaron Rodgers. I know the aspirations this season were, and still are, to win a championship, and so that Hall of Fame sized hole will need to be filled as best as possible to keep the team on a Super Bowl track. As of right now, Zach Wilson is charged with that task, and I wish him and the rest of the team the best moving forward. However, I know that there are currently depth issues at the position, and I’ve heard that the back-up spot is likely to be filled by a veteran Quarterback. As much as I would love the opportunity to fill that spot, I’m writing you in hopes that you can imagine a much different approach involving me; I would be honored and extremely grateful for the opportunity to come in and lead the practice squad. I would do this with the sole mission of getting your defense ready each week. If I were able to fill this role for the team, I believe this allows for multiple things.

1. It gives your Defense the advantage of getting a truer read on the more mobile/athletic/versatile quarterbacks it will face when in weeks 4, 5 and 6 (Mahomes, Wilson, and Hurts). I would consider it a privilege to be able to do this and would take on this responsibility with the dedication and passion as if it were the QB1 position.

2. This would also allow you guys as an organization to take a real look at where I’m at football wise, in game-like situations against an elite defense, while also not putting any competitive pressure on Zach. I understand the importance of keeping him confident and focused as QB1, and I would only look to boost that confidence in any interactions that we may have if I was given this role within the team.

In a perfect world for the Jets, Zach Wilson finds his stride and shows that he is able to lead this championship caliber team that you’ve put together to the Super Bowl. I believe a confident Zach Wilson has the tools to do this. However, in the event that this is not the case, I would love to offer you a risk-free contingency plan. I am sure of my ability to provide you with an elite QB option if, God forbid, QB1 goes down. However, I know that there may naturally be uncertainties from you and possibly from others about my playing abilities. This plan, I believe, allows me to be of great service to the team as a practice squad QB, while also giving you a low-commitment chance to assess my capabilities to help in any other capacity you may see fit.

Worst case scenario, you see what I have to offer and you’re not that impressed. Best case scenario, you realize you have a real weapon at your disposal in the event you ever need to use it. In either of these scenarios, I would be committed to getting your defense ready week in and week out, all season long, and I would wear that responsibility like a badge of honor. As a final point, I would like to add this. Unlike many of the veteran QB’s that have been named in the media, I’ve never retired or stopped training. My training schedule has remained the same for 6 years; Monday through Friday, 5am-8am training on the field and in the weight room. I’ve kept this training schedule without failure for the past 6 years, in hopes that an opportunity will present itself. I say this to give you some perspective on where I’m at physically.

I have also attached a list of my references within the league that will vouch for my character, work ethic and ability. Thanks so much for your time.

Colin Kaepernick

https://theathletic.com/4903169/2023/09/26/colin-kaepernick-jets-open-letter/

The BC Lions seem to be willing to give Kappy a shot.  At this point Kappy should jump all over it.

Get on the field and and showcase what skills he has left.  If he tears it up it is on a NFL team to take a chance.

On 9/29/2023 at 5:39 PM, Mike Hunt said:

The BC Lions seem to be willing to give Kappy a shot.  At this point Kappy should jump all over it.

Get on the field and and showcase what skills he has left.  If he tears it up it is on a NFL team to take a chance.

Is he going to kneel during O' Canada in protest of systemic Canadian mountie brutality? 

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2023 at 10:53 PM, DonS said:

Is he going to kneel during O' Canada in protest of systemic Canadian mountie brutality? 

The Rock said he would give Kappy a shot in the XFL to show his skills.  

Bottom line is like Steven A said.  Kappy does not want to play anymore..just trying to keep his name relevant. 

Kappy has not played in over 6 years.  Watson missed a year and a half and is not the same QB.  

2019 was his last chance with the NFL tryout but he blew it.  

Trevor Bauer settles legal dispute with accuser, reveals damning messages

Trevor Bauer, the former Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher who won the National League Cy Young Award in 2020, and a woman who accused him of beating and sexually assaulting her in 2021 have settled their legal dispute, his attorneys said Monday. "Trevor Bauer and Lindsey Hill have settled all outstanding litigation," Jon Fetterolf and Shawn Holley, Bauer’s attorneys, said in a statement. "Both of their respective claims have been withdrawn with prejudice, effective today. Mr. Bauer did not make — and never has made — any payments to Ms. Hill, including to resolve their litigation....

The 32-year-old adamantly denied the allegations against him throughout the entire process. He was placed on administrative leave by MLB in July 2021 after the initial allegations were made. The woman accused Bauer of assaulting her on two different occasions at his home in Pasadena, California, during what she said began as consensual sexual encounters. Bauer maintained the encounters were consensual. Prosecutors declined to file charges in the case. MLB initially suspended Bauer 324 games, but the ban was reduced to 194 games by an independent arbitrator in December. No major league team picked him up, but Bauer managed to continue his career in Japan. He was 10-4 with a 2.76 ERA and 130 strikeouts in 19 games with the Yokohama DeNa Baystars.

Bauer sued the woman and she countersued. Their settlement called for no exchange of money between the parties. The woman will receive a separate $300,000 from her insurance company, her attorney Jesse Kaplan said in a letter to Bauer’s lawyers. The payment is independent of her settlement with Bauer. The pitcher’s attorneys never spoke to any insurance company in the course of the legal process, a source familiar with the matter told Fox News Digital.

"'Next victim. Star pitcher for the Dodgers,'" Bauer said in the video. "A text Lindsey Hill sent to a friend before she ever even met me. ‘What should I steal?’ she asked another, in reference to visiting my house for the first time. The answer? ‘Take his money.’ So how might that work? ...."Net worth is 51 mil" she said. ‘b---h, you better secure the bag’, was the response. "But how was she going to do that? ‘Need daddy to choke me out,’ she said. ‘being an absolute to try to get in on his 51 million,’ read another text. Then, after the second time we met, former [San Diego] Padres pitcher Jacob Nix told her ‘you gotta get this bag.’ ‘I’ll give you 50,000’ Lindsey replied. Her AA sponsor asked her at one point, ‘do you feel a tiny bit guilty?’ ‘Not really,’ she replied."

Bauer said the messages he talked about in the clip were "deliberately and unlawfully concealed from me and my legal team." He said a separate video that showed the woman in his bed didn’t have any marks on her face. The Daily Mail first reported the video in September 2022. "Now over the last two years, I’ve been forced to defend my integrity and my reputation in a very public setting, but hopefully this is the last time I have to do so, as I’d prefer to just remain focused on doing my job, winning baseball games and entertaining fans around the world. So today I’m happy to be moving on with my life."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/trevor-bauer-settles-legal-dispute-accuser-reveals-damning-messages

That woman should have to serve jail time.  Women should be pissed at her.  All this does is make it harder for women who were actually assaulted.