Sign in to follow this  
thegeneral

EV Vehicles - Will They Work Here

4 minutes ago, League Champion said:

BTW, my wife has a Tesla that's collecting dust. She hates it, she says it's like driving a golf cart . She'd rather gas up the Land Cruiser to drive 2 miles. But she had to have the stupid thing because her dumb arse Kunty friends all have one. 😁

I've never driven a Tesla.  I thought they were supposed to have amazing acceleration???  Or is that only for certain models? 

One thing that would definitely benefit society would be a mandate banning Kunty friends. 

14 minutes ago, Horseman said:

They haven't even solved the battery drain problem for using the heater or AC yet.  Anybody purchasing an EV is a moron.  

Not my experience. Fun to drive, charge for free at work, have had a couple minor issues in 3 years. Zero maintenance bill so far.

Have one ICE car in the house for long trips or going skiing, hiking or something. But have also driven across the state a few times in the EV and that has been easy. 

11 minutes ago, DonS said:

I've never driven a Tesla.  I thought they were supposed to have amazing acceleration???  Or is that only for certain models? 

One thing that would definitely benefit society would be a mandate banning Kunty friends. 

The entry level Tesla is 0-60 in like 5 seconds. Surprised to hear someone say they aren’t fun to drive.

14 minutes ago, DonS said:

I've never driven a Tesla.  I thought they were supposed to have amazing acceleration???  Or is that only for certain models

It's fast as hell, scary fast at times but it's just like a golf cart, instant power. I don't mind it, she hates it. 

5 minutes ago, League Champion said:

It's fast as hell, scary fast at times but it's just like a golf cart, instant power. I don't mind it, she hates it. 

I test drove the one with the top of the line speed and all wheel drive. Have never driven a car that fast. Even going 60 it still had pin to the seat pickup.

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

I test drove the one with the top of the line speed and all wheel drive. Have never driven a car that fast. Even going 60 it still had pin to the seat pickup.

Yeah, they are way too fast. My Wife has the Y. It's so quick and twitchy that I don't even like her driving it. But I will say that it's very nice.

I don't like that people can't hear you coming either. That bothers me in parking lots, etc. 

44 minutes ago, Horseman said:

China has increased their emissions every single year of their entire existence.  Don't be a moron.  

And if they adhere to the Paris accord, which is unlikely, they will increase emissions every year until 2030.   

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, League Champion said:

BTW, my wife has a Tesla that's collecting dust. She hates it, she says it's like driving a golf cart. She'd rather gas up the Land Cruiser to drive 2 miles. But she had to have the stupid thing because her dumb arse Kunty friends all have one. 😁

This is what happens when women get married to each other.  They both try to please one another and there's not a man in the relationship to say "NO"....I don't care if your friends have one.....I'm putting my foot down....now go make me my dinner".  This used to be such a great country...

1 minute ago, zsasz said:

This is what happens when women get married to each other.  They both try to please one another and there's not a man in the relationship to say "NO"....I don't care if your friends have one.....I'm putting my foot down....now go make me my dinner".  This used to be such a great country...

😂 The vaginah always wins my Friend. You should know that by now. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I don't like that people can't hear you coming either. That bothers me in parking lots, etc. 

Aren't EVs required to make noise?

We have a Honda CR-V hybrid and whenever it is in EV mode it emits kind of a "Aaaahhhhh" sound that gets even louder when in reverse.  First time my wife and I heard it we're like "WTF??? Sounds like a choir of angels!!“

23 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Yeah, they are way too fast. My Wife has the Y. It's so quick and twitchy that I don't even like her driving it. But I will say that it's very nice.

The software updates are also a game changing aspect IMO. This might be a Tesla thing but other car companies will adopt this. 

Just now, DonS said:

Aren't EVs required to make noise?

We have a Honda CR-V hybrid and whenever it is in EV mode it emits kind of a "Aaaahhhhh" sound that gets even louder when in reverse.  First time my wife and I heard it we're like "WTF??? Sounds like a choir of angels!!“

They make a noise in reverse but going forward they are quiet. Not an issue as far as I’m concerned but is weird they are so silent when creeping through say a parking lot.

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

The software updates are also a game changing aspect IMO. This might be a Tesla thing but other car companies will adopt this. 

The Tech is unbelievable 

12 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

They make a noise in reverse but going forward they are quiet. Not an issue as far as I’m concerned but is weird they are so silent when creeping through say a parking lot.

Just reverse?  Noise when going forward must just be a Honda thing then. 

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

Just reverse?  Noise when going forward must just be a Honda thing then. 

Yeah. I don’t think I hear lots of these EV’s or the Hybrids that use battery make noise when going forward. 

Get off your phones pedestrians!

3 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

For the majority of Americans there would be a time savings, just plug in at night. The time savings from not having to go to a gas station every week more than offsets the longer time to charge when you have to stop at a charging station.

And the people in apartments?  The people with only street parking?  The college kids who are parking in off-campus mega lots?  

Just now, MLCKAA said:

And the people in apartments?  The people with only street parking?  The college kids who are parking in off-campus mega lots?  

How about in Cities? Parking garages aren't going to be equipped. If you live in a condo??? 

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

What would happen if everyone in the United States went and got an EV tomorrow? Where exactly is all this power coming from? Is the left ready to build additional nuclear powerplants throughout the country? 

Otherwise tell me where you're getting all this power? 

I have always wondered why we don't build nuclear plants on platforms in the continental shelf and in the great lakes.  If there is to be a meltdown or a breach of some kind lower them into the water for safety.  make them micro plants similar to those in subs and aircraft carriers so no one or two are responsible for too much of the grid.

i am sure there are reason to not do so, i just don't know what they are.  Seems maybe more acceptable than building them in folk's backyards, if only by a degree.

7 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

This is def an issue to overcome. The cost of the car much more so I think right now.

You can literally plug these into a 110 outlet and get like 5-10 miles of juice / hour though and the idea is like any tech this will just improve.

Feds involved with charging solutions and future planning is a must.

11 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

They could skip buying an ev until their needs are met.  I have already responded as such.

However, the majority of Americans would spend less time fueling their vehicle due to time savings of charging at night.

I’ve had an EV sine 2016. Would never want to go back to a gas-powered car. Just plug it in at night, always ready to go.

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

I’ve had an EV sine 2016. Would never want to go back to a gas-powered car. Just plug it in at night, always ready to go.

Yep. Once past range anxiety you realize that like 95% of trips are covered and don’t even think about it.

• Like 1

I drive a truck. I go through almost a tank a week.   I get gas once a week.  It takes me 5 minutes on my way home Fridays.  I don't unplug anything each morning and I don't need to remember to plug it in each night.  Plugging in and unplugging each day would take me more time than stopping at the gas station once a week.  But that is just my own reality.   

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I drive a truck. I go through almost a tank a week.   I get gas once a week.  It takes me 5 minutes on my way home Fridays.  I don't unplug anything each morning and I don't need to remember to plug it in each night.  Plugging in and unplugging each day would take me more time than stopping at the gas station once a week.  But that is just my own reality.   

It is literally a two second process that part would not be an issue. 

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

drive a truck. I go through almost a tank a week.  

I have a 2500 Rocky Ridge, I run out of gas getting out of my driveway 😭

ESPECIALLY if I'm towing. 

10 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I have a 2500 Rocky Ridge, I run out of gas getting out of my driveway 😭

ESPECIALLY if I'm towing. 

Towing stuff hundreds of miles often isn’t going to be a thing for EVs at the moment.

Driving to Home Depot on weekends to pick up stuff or lug a couch around town is definitely doable though. 

16 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

The Ford Lighting truck is freaking sweet though.

3 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

They could skip buying an ev until their needs are met.  I have already responded as such.

However, the majority of Americans would spend less time fueling their vehicle due to time savings of charging at night.

Less time at the gas station?  5 minutes per week saved?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bert said:

And if they adhere to the Paris accord, which is unlikely, they will increase emissions every year until 2030.   

So focking sickening that we jumped back into this garbage agreement upon election of this turd of a president.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Less time at the gas station?  5 minutes per week saved?

I admit, that is something that is pretty silly to discuss. I did not bring this up initially.

However there were a couple posters who were trying to say they do not want to spend time charging a vehicle, I was only trying to point out that in the end it would not be more time spent, only because the vast majority of the time you would be charging at home.

But once again I agree with you, I think this specific point does not make much sense to discuss.

59 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I admit, that is something that is pretty silly to discuss. I did not bring this up initially.

However there were a couple posters who were trying to say they do not want to spend time charging a vehicle, I was only trying to point out that in the end it would not be more time spent, only because the vast majority of the time you would be charging at home.

But once again I agree with you, I think this specific point does not make much sense to discuss.

It’s pretty much plugging in your phone.

Is way better than going to a gas station though and not giving a shet about gas prices is a nice bonus. 

7 hours ago, thegeneral said:

It’s pretty much plugging in your phone.

Is way better than going to a gas station though and not giving a shet about gas prices is a nice bonus. 

Here's the reality with going EV. We can't even get potholes or roads fixed. How the hell can we expect them to revamp the entire power grid in this Country and who's paying for it? Another problem is the batteries. We are doing the World more harm with Lithium farming.& Disposal. Where exactly are we doing the World a favor? Another money grab that Liberals fall for, no questions asked. 

https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/02/01/south-america-s-lithium-fields-reveal-the-dark-side-of-our-electric-future

I'm all for EV but there's a lot that needs to happen before we can go all in. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Here's the reality with going EV. We can't even get potholes or roads fixed. How the hell can we expect them to revamp the entire power grid in this Country and who's paying for it? Another problem is the batteries. We are doing the World more harm with Lithium farming.& Disposal. Where exactly are we doing the World a favor? Another money grab that Liberals fall for, no questions asked. 

https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/02/01/south-america-s-lithium-fields-reveal-the-dark-side-of-our-electric-future

I'm all for EV but there's a lot that needs to happen before we can go all in. 

Exactly!

19 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Tax incentives to build these: That is the route I would go.

Not gonna happen.

16 hours ago, League Champion said:

There's a shocker

If it's shocking him, he probably needs to take it back to the manufacturer.