Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NFL Schedule Release Updates

I believe all the international games will be released today, if they haven't already.  Chiefs v Fins on Nov. 5 in Germany.

That seems to be what could be a fairly important matchup, for an international game.  It was reported that the Chiefs asked not to play the Bears in Germany, which had been leaked as taking place on November 12 in Germany.

I'm not sure why the Chiefs would ask not to play the Bears.  Maybe some conflict with the date and something they had in the works?  Maybe it was the strain put on the team in traveling, and the Chiefs didn't want to give the Bears that sort of advantage in a meaningless game?  I really don't know why they would make that request.

New Year's Eve

NFL sucks more and more each year.

Bills screwed again.  Plays jags in London after jags play ATL in London and get to settle in.  Its a Bills home game for focks sakes.  The NFL already makes them go to KC basically every single year on thr regular season.  

9 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Bills screwed again.  Plays jags in London after jags play ATL in London and get to settle in.  Its a Bills home game for focks sakes.  The NFL already makes them go to KC basically every single year on thr regular season.  

Both teams have finished first in the division since 2020. That affects how your intra-conference opponents are picked, I believe.

7 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Both teams have finished first in the division since 2020. That affects how your intra-conference opponents are picked, I believe.

Yeah but how do they determine who is home? Just luck lf schedule making? 

They play at KC this year so

23, 22, 21 all on road at KC.  

Played in Buf in 2020.  

At chiefs in 17 and 15.  

23 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Yeah but how do they determine who is home? Just luck lf schedule making? 

They play at KC this year so

23, 22, 21 all on road at KC.  

Played in Buf in 2020.  

At chiefs in 17 and 15.  

So we play each other's divisions every 3 years.  Those would be (home team in parenthesis):

2026 (Bills), 2023 (Chiefs), Bills (2020), 2017 (Chiefs).

The Chiefs did host the AFC East winner in '21 and '22, and the East winner hosts the West winner in '24 and '25.  Not sure why it doesn't change year to year, but it's not like it's not fair.

10 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

So we play each other's divisions every 3 years.  Those would be (home team in parenthesis):

2026 (Bills), 2023 (Chiefs), Bills (2020), 2017 (Chiefs).

The Chiefs did host the AFC East winner in '21 and '22, and the East winner hosts the West winner in '24 and '25.  Not sure why it doesn't change year to year, but it's not like it's not fair.

Im not saying it isn't fair.  I am just wondering how it comes about.   3 @ KCs in 3 straight years.  Only one is "scheduled". 2023.  They played thrm in 22 and 21 because both finished 1st in div.  Both at KC.  

Something else just dawned on me about the Dolphins game; Tyreek was looking forward to his homecoming, and making that entire week and matchup all about him, and getting all the boos or whatever it was from the home crowd.

Now forget that, let's go to London and not give that to him.  

It also was said that Kelce's mom posted on her facebook that Chiefs/ Eagles would be week two (Sunday night or Monday night football?).  That would mean the Chiefs home opener may be someone like the Bills or Chargers.

1 hour ago, Drizzay said:

This is the dumbest thing the NFL hypes up.

It is one of them for sure...  This and the majority of the draft...

4 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

That seems to be what could be a fairly important matchup, for an international game.  It was reported that the Chiefs asked not to play the Bears in Germany, which had been leaked as taking place on November 12 in Germany.

I'm not sure why the Chiefs would ask not to play the Bears.  Maybe some conflict with the date and something they had in the works?  Maybe it was the strain put on the team in traveling, and the Chiefs didn't want to give the Bears that sort of advantage in a meaningless game?  I really don't know why they would make that request.

That's how the Dolphins got suckered into yet another London game.?. The Chiefs got to pick their schedule.?.  :mad:

Miami's 7th game in London. Why do we always get screwed?  Against the Chiefs no less. London is normally at least good for beating the Jags.

6 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Something else just dawned on me about the Dolphins game; Tyreek was looking forward to his homecoming, and making that entire week and matchup all about him, and getting all the boos or whatever it was from the home crowd.

Now forget that, let's go to London and not give that to him.  

It also was said that Kelce's mom posted on her facebook that Chiefs/ Eagles would be week two (Sunday night or Monday night football?).  That would mean the Chiefs home opener may be someone like the Bills or Chargers.

Many people are speculating the Lions vs Chiefs opener.  

16 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I'm reading opinions that since the Chiefs are such a big draw the opening opponent isn't such a priority, and they can save games against bills and eagles for later in the year.    Or going with a game like the Broncos who had to be flexed out of snf late in the year. 

Just now, cmh6476 said:

I'm reading opinions that since the Chiefs are such a big draw the opening opponent isn't such a priority, and they can save games like bills and eagles aren't as important to use up.   Or a game like the Broncos who had to be flexed out of snf late in the year. 

I really dont think NFL should worry about opening night ratings.  Im sure it would do very well even if it were the titans and texans.  

Bills were in it last season so I am jist guessing they are not again.  

Not sure if they love division games on that night.  

Lions were on hard knocks.  Are loveable.   And last year they at least could score a lot of points.  I think it makes sense.  Not saying they will but wouldn't be that surprised.  

Having a really important division game or one of your stud primetime matchups on the opening thrusday seems stupid to me. But I am not in those meetings.  

13 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Nailed it

23 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I believe all the international games will be released today, if they haven't already.  Chiefs v Fins on Nov. 5 in Germany.

Chiefs wanted nothing to do with the Bears on the big stage. 

14 hours ago, League Champion said:

Hardest teams based on last year's schedule?

8 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Hardest teams based on last year's schedule?

Probably last years record. 

Packers schedule out early like usual.  5 primetime games and thanksgiving.

Play at Bears week 1.  Call it an owners meeting.  

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Probably last years record. 

Yeah. It's the worst strength of schedule there is. Teams change quickly. I bet the Bears beat the Chiefs this year.

14 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

10 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Packers schedule out early like usual.  5 primetime games and thanksgiving.

Play at Bears week 1.  Call it an owners meeting.  

47 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

That's stupid. The East Coast (people who matter) doesn't care about the Chiefs or Lions. The Jets at Giants would have better ratings. Sorry, that's just fact 

I just made my first sale as a chiefs season ticket holder, sold a pair of sh1tty seats to the Lions/ Chiefs for $460.80.

:dunno:

I would guess all seats are shitty at Arrowhead...  Along with the idiots that would buy the tickets in the first place...

4 minutes ago, posty said:

I would guess all seats are shitty at Arrowhead...  Along with the idiots that would buy the tickets in the first place...

I was there a few years ago. Crappy stadium but the people were great. 

6 hours ago, League Champion said:

I was there a few years ago. Crappy stadium but the people were great. 

it's an iconic, 50+ year old venue

Da Bills have a lot of 4 o clock games this year, I love it. That's my favorite time slot for them.

Just now, dain11279 said:

Da Bills have a lot of 4 o clock games this year, I love it. That's my favorite time slot for them.

Ohh fun, I'll tune in to watch Gabe Davis drop 8 balls in the first half then go to bed. 😴

NYG are the first team in history to go on the road 7 of the first 10 weeks.  Insane.

We always go to 1 or 2 games, I don't do night games, so the first game we can go to is oct 22 vs Washington, then we get into December for the next one.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

NYG are the first team in history to go on the road 7 of the first 10 weeks.  Insane.

We always go to 1 or 2 games, I don't do night games, so the first game we can go to is oct 22 vs Washington, then we get into December for the next one.

Making excuses already Dear? 

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2023 at 10:37 AM, posty said:

It is one of them for sure...  This and the majority of the draft...

I don't know, the NFL has made an event of this week with the release of the schedule.  During the height of the NBA playoffs, the NFL just pulls out is sweaty ball sack and dangles it in the face of the NBA.  I like the excitement they've been able to build, as it's building hype for my season tix I'm trying to offload while the market is at it's peak with tickets officially going on sale today.

:dunno:

On 5/11/2023 at 8:53 AM, League Champion said:

That's stupid. The East Coast (people who matter) doesn't care about the Chiefs or Lions. The Jets at Giants would have better ratings. Sorry, that's just fact 

While true, the NFL has always put the Super Bowl champion on the opening Thursday night.  The choice of the Lions is very suspect though.  In years past, it's usually been a noted "good team" or key matchup... with the Lions being their opponent, a blowout seems eminent.

Also, fantasy footballers make every game worth watching.