Sign in to follow this  
Reality

Term limits.

Best case yet.

WTF are we doing and why are we allowing this to happen...

:doh:

Don't allow them to serve consecutive terms...  You can run again, but you have to wait for the next term to finish...  It isn't term limits, which will never EVER happen, but it is better than the current process IMO...

3 hours ago, Reality said:

Best case yet.

WTF are we doing and why are we allowing this to happen...

:doh:

I've read that this is all on DiFi. Hell, senate democrats have been calling on her to resign. She won't do it.

And a big F yeah! to term limits. Especially on SCOTUS.

I'm not for term limits, but I'm ok with age limits.  I think everyone who holds a federal position... House, Senate, WH, and SC should be between the ages of 40 and 70.

doesnt fix anything.

the problem is that people have to take a huge pay cut to hold political office.  that weeds out tons of talent.  plus, their personal life becomes fair game and they are prone to be the target of a 10 year witch hunt and frivolous indictments along the way.  

we drive the best and brightest away from office.  thats why you have 80+ year old politicians running things.

you could limit it to 40-70, but the talent pool will likely shrink further with that rule so you are just breaking government MORE.

20 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

doesnt fix anything.

the problem is that people have to take a huge pay cut to hold political office.  that weeds out tons of talent.  plus, their personal life becomes fair game and they are prone to be the target of a 10 year witch hunt and frivolous indictments along the way.  

we drive the best and brightest away from office.  thats why you have 80+ year old politicians running things.

you could limit it to 40-70, but the talent pool will likely shrink further with that rule so you are just breaking government MORE.

What talent are you concerned about limiting? The ability to waste money on useless crap? If that’s that case my wife would be an all star politician. 

33 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

doesnt fix anything.

I don't really think that is the case.  The bulk of the people running for political office at the federal level are generally people who were at the state level first.  That won't change.

I go further than most people like with this kind of thing.  I say you lose your vote at age 65.  All those seniors care about is social security and medicare.  I care about those also but the gerry crowd cares about nothing else.

4 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

I go further than most people like with this kind of thing.  I say you lose your vote at age 65.  All those seniors care about is social security and medicare.  I care about those also but the gerry crowd cares about nothing else.

Not true, we also want you to stay off of our lawns you young whippersnappers!  We also want to make it legal to drive width our left turn signal on at all times.  Finally if you can stop making Golden Girls and Matlock jokes at our expense we would apprciate it.

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

doesnt fix anything.

the problem is that people have to take a huge pay cut to hold political office. 

joe biden disagrees. He's made mint in office.

And Trump passed up his salary to tell liberals to go fock themselves.