Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Durham investigation ends with a big fat nothing

1. Eight Takeaways From the Durham Report

2. There was no valid predicate for the investigation, and the FBI knew it.

3. “There’s nothing to this, but we have to run it to ground.”

4. “It’s thin”; “There’s nothing to this.”

5. The Trump campaign investigation was premised on “raw, unanalyzed and uncorroborated intelligence,” and U.S. intel agencies possessed no “actual evidence of collusion” when the probe began

6. Sensational stories published in the New York Times in February and March 2017 claiming Trump associates were in contact with Russian intelligence agents were false.

7. FBI Director James Comey pushed heavily for an investigation of Carter Page, starting in April 2016 when Page was a government witness in an espionage investigation of Russian diplomats in New York.

8. At the direction of the FBI, confidential human source Stefan Halper recorded lengthy conversations with Carter Page and George Papadopoulos, in which each denied the campaign had any involvement with Russian officials.

9. Durham was highly critical of the FBI’s “startling and inexplicable failure” to investigate the so-called “Clinton Intelligence Plan.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The above “takeaways” are meaningless. The only important takeaway is that there are no changes and no indictments. All the rest is talk talk talk crap. 

The investigation of the Trump campaign was absolutely justified: the proof is that several people, including the chairman of the campaign, were indicted and successfully prosecuted. That’s how you know an investigation is worth the time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

The above “takeaways” are meaningless. The only important takeaway is that there are no changes and no indictments. All the rest is talk talk talk crap. 

The investigation of the Trump campaign was absolutely justified: the proof is that several people, including the chairman of the campaign, were indicted and successfully prosecuted. That’s how you know an investigation is worth the time. 

Why did Wray say he made changes so it never happens again? How come you can lie on a FISA warrant and get a slap on the wrist? You ok with that? 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why did Wray say he made changes so it never happens again? How come you can lie on a FISA warrant and get a slap on the wrist? You ok with that? 

I’m OK with whatever they decide. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’m OK with whatever they decide. 

Noted. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They just don’t care. They will contend what the contend to the end. That is why you cannot have a reasonable discussion with them. They will tell you it’s purple when you clearly see it’s white. Truly horrible people and why we are doomed as a nation. 

He heard on MSNBC that Manafort aide Kilimnik was a Russian spy. It’s not true he was a state department asset and a Ukrainian consultant.

Manafort was prosecuted for nothing related to Russiagate. Rick Gates FARA violations. Flynn lying to the FBI about something that never happened. Roger Stone obstructing something that never happened. 

"the FBI had no intelligence about Trump or others associated with the Trump campaign being in contact with Russian intelligence officers."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dizkneelande said:

They just don’t care. They will contend what the contend to the end. That is why you cannot have a reasonable discussion with them. They will tell you it’s purple when you clearly see it’s white. Truly horrible people and why we are doomed as a nation. 

He heard on MSNBC that Manafort aide Kilimnik was a Russian spy. It’s not true he was a state department asset and a Ukrainian consultant.

Manafort was prosecuted for nothing related to Russiagate. Rick Gates FARA violations. Flynn lying to the FBI about something that never happened. Roger Stone obstructing something that never happened. 

"the FBI had no intelligence about Trump or others associated with the Trump campaign being in contact with Russian intelligence officers."

You’re right, they don’t care. That’s why I say they aren’t Americans, they just live here. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Agreed. The Mueller report resulted in multiple convictions of criminals who had dealings with Russia.

Durham’s report led to one guy getting community service… and that guy wasn’t even discovered by Durham. FBI’s own inspector general identified him.

The hyper-partisans rely on far-right blogs to tell them what “takeaways” they should have instead of reading it themselves and attempting to exercise some critical thinking.

I looked over the report. There’s an entire section of Durham just whining that the FBI didn’t investigate Hillary enough…. But then concluding after investigating it… that there was nothing to be found anyway. Maybe he didn’t even realize how stupid that section made him look? Maybe he had to justify the millions he spent? I don’t know, but he should have just left that out of the report. And there is tons of other false and stupid crap in there. Durham is a moron who wasted millions on a wild goose chase.

But don’t take my word for it. Read it. It’s a bunch of whining with no actual evidence of criminal misdeeds by the FBI… despite 4 years of digging. By the end, I was like “yes JD, I see how YOU want to run the FBI, but your actual job was to find any criminal behavior, and you just plain failed.”

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

Agreed. The Mueller report resulted in multiple convictions of criminals who had dealings with Russia.

Durham’s report led to one guy getting community service… and that guy wasn’t even discovered by Durham. FBI’s own inspector general identified him.

The hyper-partisans rely on far-right blogs to tell them what “takeaways” they should have instead of reading it themselves and attempting to exercise some critical thinking.

I looked over the report. There’s an entire section of Durham just whining that the FBI didn’t investigate Hillary enough…. But then concluding after investigating it… that there was nothing to be found anyway. Maybe he didn’t even realize how stupid that section made him look? Maybe he had to justify the millions he spent? I don’t know, but he should have just left that out of the report. And there is tons of other false and stupid crap in there. Durham is a moron who wasted millions on a wild goose chase.

But don’t take my word for it. Read it. It’s a bunch of whining with no actual evidence of criminal misdeeds by the FBI… despite 4 years of digging. By the end, I was like “yes JD, I see how YOU want to run the FBI, but your actual job was to find any criminal behavior, and you just plain failed.”

This guy thinks tampons should be in the boys room at school. 

3 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Why do you lie? Nobody was charged with Russia dealings.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/breakdown-indictments-cases-muellers-probe/story?id=61219489

11 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

It seems you didn’t even read that article. It doesn’t mention all the details of all the cases, but it clearly mentions Flynn pleading guilty to dealing with Russia, as well as Manafort working with a Russian intelligence agent.

It’s egregious that Trump pardoned these crooks.

14 minutes ago, dogcows said:

It seems you didn’t even read that article. It doesn’t mention all the details of all the cases, but it clearly mentions Flynn pleading guilty to dealing with Russia, as well as Manafort working with a Russian intelligence agent.

It’s egregious that Trump pardoned these crooks.

You lie constantly. Was he a state department asset or a Russian spy? Why would the state department find value in trusting someone who was a Russian spy? Manafort worked with him for 10 years and it only became an issue when Trump hired him?

Paul Manafort’s longtime business associate, whom Special Counsel Robert Mueller says has ties to Russian intelligence services, interacted with former U.S. State Department officials, according to a revised court transcript.

Konstantin Kilimnik, who worked with Manafort for a decade on political campaigns in Ukraine, had “communications with former high-level State Department officials,” Manafort attorney Kevin Downing said at a Feb. 4 court hearing. The significance of those communications wasn’t clear.

Downing also referred at the hearing to a “302 for an interview of Mr. Kilimnik,” suggesting that Kilimnik -- who has been charged in the U.S. but remains at large -- may have been interviewed by FBI agents. The FBI summarizes witness interviews in documents known as 302 reports.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-14/manafort-s-russian-aide-communicated-with-ex-u-s-officials?in_source=embedded-checkout-banner

• Thanks 1

Straight up clownshow. We know these people aren't gonna put themselves in prison but, there needs to be some kind of punishment for what happened.

As per Jim Comey, the investigation into the fbi while he was in charge of the fbi didn’t find anything.  The investigation he refused to cooperate with.  

27 minutes ago, Reality said:

It's all good, no big deal, mistakes were made... :dunno:

Yeah, lying on a FISA warrant is now considered a “mistake”.  The guy is a complete jerk off.  Empty suit that buttled for the likes of Hillary Clinton. Yes mam.