Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

5th grade teacher in Florida under investigation for showing Disney movie with a gay character; turns in resignation

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Lion King is basically the plot of Hamlet- so you could read Hamlet, show Lion King...have students read a comparative analysis.

At elementary school level you could use Inside Out to cover basics of the brain and emotions.

Big Hero 6 could be used to help discuss coding and other STEM items.

Wall-E could be used to teach ideas of conservation

You could read The Jungle Book and then have students watch that. Same with Robin Hood. Lots of elementary schools at Halloween time read Legend of Sleepy Hollow and then show the Disney cartoon with questions about it.

Plenty of ways you can use them despite your inability to think about things. 

Yeah, that’s how this country got to the top. Showing cartoons. Keep up the good work.  

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Lion King is basically the plot of Hamlet- so you could read Hamlet, show Lion King...have students read a comparative analysis.

At elementary school level you could use Inside Out to cover basics of the brain and emotions.

Big Hero 6 could be used to help discuss coding and other STEM items.

Wall-E could be used to teach ideas of conservation

You could read The Jungle Book and then have students watch that. Same with Robin Hood. Lots of elementary schools at Halloween time read Legend of Sleepy Hollow and then show the Disney cartoon with questions about it.

Plenty of ways you can use them despite your inability to think about things. 

I pointed out 1776 and Guadalcanal diary prior to your irrelevant tripe. 

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The Left already cancelled Pepe Le Pew because he was too rapey.  Apparently, showing kids Pepe was going to lead them to become too rapey.  How come showing kids that being trans is ok (as a child), won't convince them to become trans, but watching a skunk try to rape a cat is something they can be convinced of doing?

My guess is that they didn't want to make children think it was ok to treat women that way.  The difference is that it's ok to be gay but it's not ok to rape someone.  Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The Left already cancelled Pepe Le Pew because he was too rapey.  Apparently, showing kids Pepe was going to lead them to become too rapey.  How come showing kids that being trans is ok (as a child), won't convince them to become trans, but watching a skunk try to rape a cat is something they can be convinced of doing?

Oh I forgot that one the other day. You can add that to my list of stupid boycotts 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, that’s how this country got to the top. Showing cartoons. Keep up the good work.  

Yeah because schools never showed movies/filmstrips before like 2000 in school.  

You are a dumb person. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah because schools never showed movies/filmstrips before like 2000 in school.  

You are a dumb person. 

I pointed out a movie I was shown, straw man 

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

He's one of the dumbest people I've ever encountered. 

He's not only dumb, but he has the EQ of a toad, and to top it all of he's a self proclaimed ass hole.  The exact kind of person you never want in your life.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

He's not only dumb, but he has the EQ of a toad, and to top it all of he's a self proclaimed ass hole.  The exact kind of person you never want in your life.

EQ? Toads do have some excellent qualities.  

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The difference is that it's ok to be gay but it's not ok to rape someone.

The exact opposite if you're a republican.

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

When I was in 3rd grade, my music teacher showed us the movie "Flash Dance" (the 1983 movie).

And no parents probably complained about Jennifer Beals ass being featured or people getting foot jobs under the table because people weren't culture war puzzies back then. Pretty sure there is a scene in a titty bar too in that. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I pointed out a movie I was shown, straw man 

No you are dumb. That is easily verifiable. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

And no parents probably complained about Jennifer Beals ass being featured or people getting foot jobs under the table because people weren't culture war puzzies back then. Pretty sure there is a scene in a titty bar too in that. 

Pretty sure the parents were never told.  Mine weren't.  Also, the teacher put a piece of paper over the tv during the nude scene.  I know my parents and had they known back then about it, they'd have had major problem with the school showing a bunch of 8 years olds, an "R"-rated movie.  Pretty sure today, most parents across the board, would.

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Maybe but he’s got a lot of competition in this thread. 

He is a hall of fame level stupid. Right up there with seafoam. 

39 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Pretty sure the parents were never told.  Mine weren't.  Also, the teacher put a piece of paper over the tv during the nude scene.  I know my parents and had they known back then about it, they'd have had major problem with the school showing a bunch of 8 years olds, an "R"-rated movie.  Pretty sure today, most parents across the board, would.

Imo a large part of this is that back then there was a parent at home.  They had more influence, they had more control.  Now both are working, probably stressed, and have less control of their kids, so they freak more about these little things and try to micromanage more. 

To be clear, I am not talking about an R rated movie, I am talking about this pg movie.  Yes, I would say something if an R was shown to kids like your example. 

9 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Imo a large part of this is that back then there was a parent at home.  They had more influence, they had more control.  Now both are working, probably stressed, and have less control of their kids, so they freak more about these little things and try to micromanage more. 

To be clear, I am not talking about an R rated movie, I am talking about this pg movie.  Yes, I would say something if an R was shown to kids like your example. 

Yeah, that could be the case in a lot of areas, but not near me.  Virtually everyone in my school had 2 parents working in the 80's and 90's.  A lot of people like to rip on NJ, especially the south, but down here, it's always been expensive.  Both of my grandparents worked.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Well at least you agree it’s an “overreaction”. But of course you manage to blame liberals: “you made us become irrational!!” 

The problem with your approach here is that at least 5 other people here who share your conservative political convictions have posted that this is exactly what they want in reply to my question. They don’t regard it as an “overreaction”; this is their goal. Kind of hard to blame liberals when that is the case. 

I am not irrational.  Allowing a liberal to manipulate me would be like allowing a toddler to do so.

I have repeatedly noted that liberals normalizing these behaviors will lead to others doing the same, but back to them.  This is not some tinfoil hat nonsense, its simple common sense. 

• Like 1

Florida voters/parents statewide both and in this school district have made it clear they don't want LGBTQ activists to put this material in front of their kids. This film was controversial for the kiss and was chosen specifically because it was included. Now these cr@ptivist teachers realize trying to backdoor their agenda via woke Disney isn't going to work.

Door. Ass. Bye.

<----  California is over there. :wave:

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Florida voters/parents statewide both and in this school district have made it clear they don't want LGBTQ activists to put this material in front of their kids. This film was controversial for the kiss and was chosen specifically because it was included. Now these cr@ptivist teachers realize trying to backdoor their agenda via woke Disney isn't going to work.

Door. Ass. Bye.

Pardon the pun

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

When I was in 3rd grade, my music teacher showed us the movie "Flash Dance" (the 1983 movie).

Your music teacher was a maniac!!!! :shocking:

Sh1t.  Now I have that song stuck in my head. :mad:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Door. Ass. Bye.

Yep. It was clear that this teacher was seeking attention and deliberately did this to get that attention. She's acting like a victim, but she knew exactly what she was doing and who she was doing it for: herself.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

My guess is that they didn't want to make children think it was ok to treat women that way.  The difference is that it's ok to be gay but it's not ok to rape someone.  Makes sense to me.

Who said anything about being gay was bad?  Also, their point was that kids could learn to do things from watching cartoons.  When that same logic is applied to their beliefs, they said it's nonsense.  Just pointing out their hypocracy.  You're an independent, right?  You should see that. :dunno:

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Who said anything about being gay was bad?  Also, their point was that kids could learn to do things from watching cartoons.  When that same logic is applied to their beliefs, they said it's nonsense.  Just pointing out their hypocracy.  You're an independent, right?  You should see that. :dunno:

He's not an independent.  He's just a Liberal that's too afraid to admit it.

When you're in here defending liberal ideas, policies and politicians and criticizing conservatives everyday 24/7 you don't get to claim independence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

He's not an independent.  He's just a Liberal that's too afraid to admit it.

When you're in here defending liberal ideas, policies and politicians and criticizing conservatives everyday 24/7 you don't get to claim independence.

Show me all my liberal posts. Show me all the liberal ideas I support. It’s easy for you to focus on my posts you don’t  agree with but I guarantee you ignore all the ones that align with you. 

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I said it

22 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Show me all my liberal posts. Show me all the liberal ideas I support. It’s easy for you to focus on my posts you don’t  agree with but I guarantee you ignore all the ones that align with you. 

True. They treat you like Mooney doosh and Tim hack do after me. Attack when I say anything that leans conservative and ignore when I defend something liberal. What do you think of the video I posted?  Why is that not getting attention while this one is?

On 5/17/2023 at 10:18 AM, GutterBoy said:

It's PG, not PG-13, and yes they signed permission slips.

Yep, the mom signed a permission slip, I believe it had the title of the movie on it. But that doesn’t matter to the Moms for Liberty Hitler.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I can point you to a post where you conveniently missed the hypocrisy of the left and went for the assumed alt-right talking point which wasn't even in the post you responded too.  :dunno:

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 9:44 AM, RLLD said:

This seems like an overreaction to me. But liberals set the stage for this with their own approach to the world 

As I have said over and over…..it might feel good to liberals to make some point today, but what happens when it is turned back on you

All this cancel culture nonsense created by liberals is divisive and making us ruthless toward each other. Liberals have normalized nasty…

So true.  There’s talk in some circles about doxing women who get abortions.  It’s despicable, but crap like this was started by Liberals.  What comes around goes around.  Liberals stayed silent when their side started with all the cancel culture and doxxing nonsense, so I have no sympathy for them when it is turned back against them.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 2:07 PM, GutterBoy said:

The exact opposite if you're a republican.

Tell us again how you’re not a Liberal, dipshitt.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2023 at 9:33 AM, The Real timschochet said:

You’re going to eventually get crushed even in Florida. 

We're already getting crushed.

Crushed by inflation.

Crushed by illegals invading our country.

Crushed by rampant crime in liberal schit-holes.

Crushed by uneven application of law.

Crushed by taxes.

Crushed by immorality.

Crushed by unconstitutional medical mandates.

Enjoy your crushing victory while it lasts. Better learn Spanish or Mandarin.

The movie sucked and was a miserable failure at the box office like every other woke movie Disney has tried to push down the throats of the public.  Everybody is sick and tired of all these sexualization of children and trying to promote alternative lifestyles.  It was just a lame attempt by a teacher who can't resist pushing her politics in class.  Good riddance biitch

• Like 1

Can’t just let kids enjoy the innocence of childhood.   Fuuck all y’all that think it’s necessary to introduce this shiit into the curriculum.  

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Can’t just let kids enjoy the innocence of childhood.   Fuuck all y’all that think it’s necessary to introduce this shiit into the curriculum.  

Their worldview is disgusting.  The worship at the alter of government and its authority.  The leftist hate when parents have a say about what their children are exposed to.  They think they have a grasp of history, but they want to take us back to the dark ages of serfdom...where individuals will be enslaved to serve the ruling elite.  It is unbelievable how stupid they are, unable to see the horrendously evil path that this type elitist government always leads to.  They have lost appreciation for the greatest outlined in our Declaration of Independance and our Constitution.