Sign in to follow this  
Blue Horseshoe

Elon Musk Compares George Soros To Comic Supervillain "Magneto" - "He Hates Humanity"

FABER: Let’s talk a bit about your tweets because it comes up a lot. Even today, it came up and you know, anticipation of this, I mean, you do some tweets that seem to be or at least give support to some would call others conspiracy theories. 

MUSK: Well, yes, but I mean, honestly, you know, some of these conspiracy theories have turned out to be true.  

FABER: Which ones? 

MUSK: Well like the Hunter Biden laptop....So, you know, that was a pretty big deal. There was Twitter and, and others engaged in active suppression of information that was relevant to the public. That’s, that’s a terrible thing that happened. That’s like an interference.  

FABER: But how do you make a choice? You don’t see I mean, in terms of when you’re going to engage. I mean, for example, even today, Elon, you tweeted this thing about George Soros. I’m looking for it because I want to make sure I quote it properly. But I mean, you know what you wrote but you basically—  

MUSK: I said he reminds me of Magneto. This is like, you know, calm down people. Let’s not like make a metaphorical case out of it.  

FABER: You also said, you said he wants to rule the very fabric of civilization and Soros hates humanity. Like when you do something like that, the— 

MUSK: Yeah I think that’s true, that’s my opinion.  

FABER: Okay but why share it? Why share it especially, I mean, why share it when people who buy Tesla may not agree with you, advertisers on Twitter may not agree with you. Why not just say, hey, I think this. You can tell me, we can talk about it over there. And you can tell your friends, but why share it widely? 

MUSK: I mean, there’s freedom of speech. I’m allowed to say what I want to— 

FABER: You absolutely are, but I’m trying to understand why you do..... because you have to know..... it puts you....in the middle of the partisan divide in the country. It makes you a lightning rod for criticism. I mean, do you like that? You know, people today saying he’s an anti-Semite. I don’t think you are.  

MUSK: No, I’m definitely not I’m like, I’m like a pro-semite, if anything.....I mean, it looks we want to make this a George Soros interview....You know, I’m reminded of a scene in “The Princess Bride.” Great movie....Where he confronts the person who killed his father. And he says, “Offer me money. Offer me power. I don’t care.” 

FABER: So, you just don’t care. You want to share what you have to say? 

MUSK: I’ll say what I want to say and if the consequence of that is losing money, so be it.  

I do not get Soros, anything he can be connected to is absurdly bad.....I dont understand him. 

Such a waste of talent from Elon.  He could be this generations Tony Stark.  Instead, he's becoming more and more like this generations My Pillow Guy.

• Thanks 1

Just now, zsasz said:

Such a waste of talent from Elon.  He could be this generations Tony Stark.  Instead, he's becoming more and more like this generations My Pillow Guy.

I do hope he keeps up the pressure for now.  The good people of this world need a champion, and he is the best option we have right now. 

It's funny, Liberals loved Elon when he was a-political.  Now that he's not on their side, they hate him.  It's also funny because I'm told by liberals that the conservatives are the side that hates.

1 hour ago, zsasz said:

Stop watching super hero movies. You’re a grown man for gods sake.  

Elon Musk XX@XXelonmusk

In fairness, I must concede that Joel has a good point and I will endeavor to be more thoughtful in the future.

Comic book analogies are obviously imperfect, to say the least. Just because George Soros can bend metal using his mind doesn’t mean he’s Magneto!!

Anyway, my actual concern with Soros is that he has funded so many politicians & DAs who are soft even on violent crime, which has caused great damage to many cities imo.

Also, while I am very much in favor of expanding legal immigration, we must have some vetting of who comes in, so that we do not allow dangerous felons to prey upon innocent Americans.

12:26 PM · May 18, 2023
·

David Sacks XX@XXDavidSacks

George Soros has been so uniquely destructive to law & order in American cities that there’s a name for the carnage he’s wrought: “Soros DAs.” His organization described its strategy to Politico in a 2016 article: it would change the law, not by going through legislatures, but rather by buying under-funded DA elections. His DAs would then change the law through the abuse of prosecutorial discretion. 

Soros’ strategy worked because few were paying attention to hyper-local DA elections. No one expected out-of-town money to come in and seek to radically change their quality of life. Now that the results are clear, many more people are paying attention. This has caused some in the mainstream media and leftwing political groups to attempt to portray any criticism of Soros as anti-Semitism. This is absurd. 

Soros sought to have an outsized impact on public policy. He should not be immune from criticism. In any other context, the influence of money in politics would be a legitimate topic of conversation. Indeed, it is highly appropriate in a democracy to recognize when a special interest has subverted the public interest. 

https://politico.com/story/2016/08/george-soros-criminal-justice-reform-227519

7:35 PM · May 16, 2023

George Soros’ quiet overhaul of the U.S. justice system

.....Democratic mega-donor George Soros has directed his wealth into an under-the-radar 2016 campaign to advance one of the progressive movement’s core goals — reshaping the American justice system....The billionaire financier has channeled more than $3 million into seven local district-attorney campaigns in six states over the past year — a sum that exceeds the total spent on the 2016 presidential campaign by all but a handful of rival super-donors..... all of whom ran on platforms sharing major goals of Soros’, like reducing racial disparities in sentencing and directing some drug offenders to diversion programs instead of to trial....

....Soros has spent on district attorney campaigns in Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico and Texas through a network of state-level super PACs and a national “527” unlimited-money group, each named a variation on “Safety and Justice.” (Soros has also funded a federal super PAC with the same name.) Each organization received most of its money directly from Soros, according to public state and federal financial records, though some groups also got donations from nonprofits like the Civic Participation Action Fund, which gave to the Safety and Justice group in Illinois.

....Prosecutorial discretion gives district attorneys a huge say in the charges and sentences that defendants face. But reform efforts have not traditionally focused on harnessing that power....“They are often a very invisible part of the criminal justice system and the political system....Many people can’t name their district attorney. It’s not an office people think about a lot.”...

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/george-soros-criminal-justice-reform-227519

Elon Musk XX@XXelonmusk

Perfectly said. Among other things,  Soros astutely identified a massive arbitrage opportunity in district attorney elections, where a relatively small amount of money has outsized influence. 

Soros’s instructions to his pet prosecutors were (essentially) to minimize prosecuting even violent criminals.

That’s why a criminal – someone who had already stabbed his roommate – could brutally assault Dave Chapelle on stage with that same deadly weapon and yet receive merely a misdemeanor!

9:26 PM · May 16, 2023

2015: Kaitlan Collins Spouts Anti-Soros, White Replacement Talking Points on Fox News

....Video footage from 2015 has resurfaced showing now-CNN anchor Kaitlan Collins making an appearance on Fox News to spout off anti-Soros talking points on mass migration – talking points that bear a stunning resemblance to those derided as “anti-Semitic” and as being based in “white replacement theory” by Collins’ current employer, CNN....Collins, who at the time was working for The Daily Caller, joined Fox News as a guest in 2015 to address the role of globalist villain George Soros in the migration crisis that has seen the demographic make-ups and cultures of Western nations, including the United States, totally overhauled in rapid succession....At the time, the US southern border was experiencing a massive surge in illegal border crossings, and millions of third-world “refugees” were pouring into Europe; in the early stages of the multi-pronged illegal migration crisis that continues to this day...According to Collins, a “data dump” that she’d reviewed indicated that George Soros was at the center of the issue.

“Ok so, George Soros is this foreign-born left-wing guy who essentially wants to change the nature of our country,” Collins told Fox News.....“And, in this data dump, one of the memos was about the refugee crisis and it made three points....They think that they’ve been successful in influencing immigration police across the world. They think that the refugee crisis is an opportunity to continue doing so, and they think the refugee crisis is the new normal....George Soros is this guy who is a staunch advocate for open borders. He wants people to be able to go wherever they want, whenever they want, for whatever reason. And for him, he sees this immigration policy, this crisis, as a vehicle to further his immigration agenda.

On Wednesday, Collins hosted a CNN town hall with President Trump and has been slammed by both the left and right in the town hall’s aftermath....Media watchdogs say that Collins interrupted President Trump hundreds of times and critics are saying that she turned the town hall, in which Trump fielded questions from voters, into a debate between herself and the 45th President....

https://nationalfile.com/2015-kaitlan-collins-spouts-anti-soros-white-replacement-talking-points-on-fox-news/

On 5/20/2023 at 5:17 AM, Drizzay said:

For us non-nerds, who the fock is Magneto?

George Soros Funds Organization That Says Criticizing Soros Is Anti-Semitic

....An activist organization widely cited by leftist media outlets to support the claim that criticism of George Soros is anti-Semitic was exposed to have been funded by Soros himself....The Institute for Strategic Dialogue is currently receiving funds from the Open Society Foundation, Soros’s political activism slush fund....The ISG recently issued talking points in the form of a policy paper that attacked billionaire Elon Musk for observing similarities between Soros and Magneto, the arch-enemy of the X-Men in the Marvel Comics universe.

The analysis, titled “Antisemitism on Twitter Before and After Elon Musk’s Acquisition,” purports to examine how Musk’s takeover of Twitter has affected the number of anti-Jewish comments posted on the social-media platform, claiming that the level of hate speech has doubled under the Tesla CEO’s purview. Among the criteria it used to classify comments as anti-Semitic, two specifically listed Soros....

The first category of ‘anti-Semitic’ tweets mentioned Soros’s name in any sort of critical or pejorative fashion. The ISG explained what these tweets were about, and how it could justify categorizing any criticism of Soros as ‘anti-Semitism.’ “These Tweets were about George Soros and his participation in a secret plot to variously destroy America, Christians, Western morality, or the entire world....In these accounts, Soros is seen to work in concert with hidden forces, sometimes explicitly referenced as Jews, sometimes in the more coded language of ‘globalists’, ‘puppeteers’ and ‘financiers’, which we have interpreted as plausibly anti-Semitic.”

The second category of ‘anti-Semitic’ tweets associated with Soros were those coming from ‘conspiracy theorists.’...“Many accounts spoke about “noticing things” or “spotting patterns,” the report asserted, apparently associating pattern recognition with conspiracy theorists. “For them, antisemitism took the form of referencing Jewish figures (Soros, Rothschild) or claiming that Jews control the media, finance, and/or political parties....For Soros in particular, a recurring theme was the idea that he has encouraged crime in the US by either sponsoring ‘soft` on crime’ Democrats or directly ‘sponsoring criminals.’”

The Institute for Strategic Dialogue, who performed this ‘study,’ was partially funded by the Open Society Foundation. The Open Society Foundation is part of a series of shell companies Soros owns and operates to distribute funds to his political allies.

https://headlineusa.com/organization-that-says-criticizing-soros-is-anti-semitic-is-funded-by-soros/

Entire ISD ( Soros Funded) Policy Paper - "Antisemitism On Twitter Before And After Elon Musk's Acquisition"

If you criticize Soros at all in public, and on any kind of widespread national platform, then according to activists funded by Soros, you can only fall into one of two categories

1) Someone who hates Jews in absolute terms

And/Or

2) A conspiracy theorist

Really think about the level of pathetic cheap gaslighting going on here and the countless Soros millions spent to try to shovel this down the throats of all Americans. 

33 minutes ago, lod001 said:

This is what the psychos are doing.

Is Musk really so clueless that he doesn’t know what’s going on? Sinclair media owns hundreds of TV stations and gave them all the same script to read, basically repeating Trump’s whining about the MSM. Really old story. Musk is an idiot.

2018: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/02/598794433/video-reveals-power-of-sinclair-as-local-news-anchors-recite-script-in-unison

Trump defended this exact broadcast at the time…

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

Is Musk really so clueless that he doesn’t know what’s going on? Sinclair media owns hundreds of TV stations and gave them all the same script to read, basically repeating Trump’s whining about the MSM. Really old story. Musk is an idiot.

2018: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/02/598794433/video-reveals-power-of-sinclair-as-local-news-anchors-recite-script-in-unison

Trump defended this exact broadcast at the time…

Trump!!! :mad: :cry:

TDS 😆

George Soros' son boasts of meeting with Kamala Harris

.....Alex Soros, son of liberal billionaire George Soros, boasted of meeting with Vice President Kamala Harris on social media, drawing sarcastic reactions and questions from several social media users, including at least one Republican senator.  The younger Soros, who chairs the board of directors for his father's Open Society Foundations network, has maintained access to Biden's White House and top Democratic lawmakers.  The meeting with Harris further exemplifies his intimate connection to powerful left-wing politicians in the United States....

...Alex Soros has maintained access to the upper ranks of President Biden's White House and has frequently taken advantage of the connections. Last week, Fox News Digital reported that he had visited the White House at least 17 times since 2021, according to a review of visitor logs, which still haven't been fully released Alex's most recent visits include three meetings in early February. The visitor logs list Jon Finer, the principal deputy national security adviser; Jordan Finkelstein, special assistant to the president and the chief of staff for senior Biden adviser Anita Dunn; and Mariana Adame, the adviser to the counselor of the president, as the individuals who greeted Alex.

...For instance, a White House official confirmed to Fox News Digital in January that two of Alex's past visits were with Ron Klain, Biden's former chief of staff, who was not listed in the records. OSF did not answer previous questions on the nature of his most recent meetings, and the White House did not respond to an inquiry....The younger Soros also maintains close contact with Democratic lawmakers, which he often brags about and posts about on social media. His Instagram shows dozens of pictures with top Democrats in the House and Senate between 2018 and 2022....

Two of the Democrats who appeared the most with him were Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York, with at least nine meetings, and former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California, with at least eight visits... 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/george-soros-son-boasts-meeting-with-kamala-harris-twitter-reacts-nothing-see-here-folks

George Soros' son, 37, gives first interview since taking over father's $25B empire: 'I'm more political'

.....Left-wing billionaire, investor and philanthropist George Soros, 92, is reportedly handing the reins of his $25 billion empire to his younger son, 37-year-old Alexander "Alex" Soros.  "I’m more political," Alex Soros told The Wall Street Journal in the first interview since his selection, indicating his intent on broadening his father's liberal goals.  He reportedly plans on continue in his father's footsteps in backing left leaning politicians....

.....The Journal reported that Alex Soros was elected chairman of the Soros’s nonprofit Open Society Foundations, known as OSF, in December and now directs political activity as president of Soros’s super PAC, Democracy PAC, which has supported the campaigns of left-wing district attorneys and law enforcement in mostly Democratic US. cities, including that of Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg..

Alex Soros has recently met with Biden administration officials, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y, and heads of state, including Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva and Canadian  Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, The Journal reported....Alex Soros is the only family member on the investment committee overseeing Soros Fund Management, which oversees money for the foundation and the family. ...A Soros spokesperson said most of its $25 billion will be directed to OSF in the coming years, and about $125 million has been set aside for the super PAC.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/george-soros-son-37-first-interview-taking-fathers-25b-empire-im-more-political

https://www.wsj.com/articles/george-soros-heir-son-alexander-soros

The Soros kid looks like a pervert. Many of them are. 

Interestingly enough, George Soros and the fictional Magneto do have one thing in common: both are Holocaust survivors. Other than that, they really don’t share mutual interests: Magneto is a mass murderer, while Soros is a great humanitarian who will go down in history as one of the liberators of Eastern Europe from the slavery of Communism. 

The objection to Soros in this country from conservatives seems to be that he is a billionaire who spends money contributing to liberal causes. Liberals criticize the Koch brothers and the late Sheldon Adelson for the same reasons. There is some cause of concern that a few individuals could have so much influence in our political system. But if anyone has a problem with that, take it up with John Roberts and the Supreme Court. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/27/2023 at 10:11 PM, dogcows said:

Is Musk really so clueless that he doesn’t know what’s going on?

California Barnes & Noble 'sniffer' arrested again, failed to register as sex offender

....A 37-year-old Los Angeles man with a history of predatory sex acts and other crimes has been arrested again – a day after he walked out of jail free after pleading no contest to peeping and prowling charges for staring into a home with children inside. Calese Carron Crowder is also the perv identified on viral TikTok videos creeping around a Burbank Barnes & Noble store, crouching down behind women and appearing to "sniff" them from behind.....Crowder was sentenced to 60 days in jail on Monday, slapped with multiple no-contact orders and instructed to enter a rehab program for sex criminals. However, he was sprung free from custody Tuesday and was back out on the streets smelling the roses....Under the terms of one of his many prior convictions, he was supposed to register at the local police station. However, Fox News Digital revealed Wednesday that his name did not appear on the California sex offender registry....

....."As a component of a previous arrest and sentencing Crowder was ordered to register as a sex offender," the Glendale Police Department said in a statement following his latest arrest. "Glendale Police confirmed that he had not registered as a sex offender with our department and was in violation," police said.....Crowder was also accused of peeping into a Glendale home with children on Aug. 6. A Barnes & Noble shopper posted her encounter with him to TikTok on Aug. 8. He was arrested on Friday and walked free on Tuesday despite pleading no contest to the peeping charges...On Thursday, Glendale police booked him into jail once again – the 43rd time since 2005 in Los Angeles County alone....Crowder previously served time in state prison on burglary and robbery charges and had been sentenced in February to a year in jail for indecent exposure in Santa Clarita, court records show. However, Crowder was released early from that sentence...

.....District Attorney George Gascon's office told Fox News Digital earlier this week that it had not yet been presented with a case connected to the Barnes & Nobles incidents. "For questions related to why the defendant was released from custody by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department following sentencing, we direct you to LASD," Venusse Navid, a spokeswoman for Gascon's office, told Fox News Digital Wednesday.....The state's controversial Proposition 47 law, however, co-written by Gascon, has reduced the amount of inmates in custody and lowered the penalties for some crimes, including reducing many nonviolent felonies to misdemeanors....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-barnes-noble-sniffer-arrested-141135487.html

Soros-backed Louisiana district attorney carjacked at gunpoint with his mother: reports

....Orleans Parish DA Jason Williams was elected in 2020 after running on a platform of social justice and bail reform....The George Soros-backed Orleans Parish, Louisiana, district attorney and his mother were carjacked Monday night in New Orleans by two suspects who allegedly pointed high-powered automatic rifles at them, according to reports.....Police said two armed suspects approached Williams’ black Lincoln Navigator at about 10 p.m. on Race Street in the Lower Garden District....

....The same suspects were accused of carjacking a 22-year-old woman nearly 30 minutes after the DA was carjacked, less than a half-mile away, police said.....Some, though, blame Williams’ "selective prosecutions" on the violence......When Williams was elected in 2020, he ran on a platform of social justice reform with intentions of finding "alternatives to incarceration" for some criminals, while also changing what he considered an "ineffective and unfair money bail system."

One of his campaign backers, billionaire Democratic donor George Soros, reportedly donated $220,000 to the Louisiana Justice and Public Safety PAC that year, which helped fund ad campaigns against Williams’ opponent, according to the Capital Research Center....."Being more selective about prosecutions will allow us to focus on the crimes that matter most to all of us," Williams said after being sworn in. "We’ve got to go beyond punishment and invest in our community."....According to an analysis from the Metropolitan Crime Commission in 2022, Williams' tactics have resulted in a "drastic decline in accountability for violent felony offenders."...Williams' office dismissed 937 of the city's 1,411 violent felony cases during his first months in office, the analysis reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/soros-backed-louisiana-district-attorney-carjacked-gunpoint-mother-reports