Cdub100

Visiting Washington DC today.

Not too busy yet. 

Got here early so walked up the capitol steps and supreme court steps. Fam is currently in the capitol checking out the visitor center.

Then over to meet with my representative office.

Plan on eating at Bullfeathers for lunch.

More to follow

• Like 1

Should be a beautiful day to stroll the mall 

If you have an interest, The Old Ebbitt Grill is an experience. I would go for lunch, and see Senator's and representatives. The same open flame gas lighting is still in place, like when Ulysses S. Grant would eat there. 

https://www.ebbitt.com 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Not too busy yet. 

Got here early so walked up the capitol steps and supreme court steps. Fam is currently in the capitol checking out the visitor center.

Then over to meet with my representative office.

Plan on eating at Bullfeathers for lunch.

More to follow

Is your rep John James?   Can't remember where you are exactly.

No Lisa mcCain getting an awesome private tour of the captiol

27 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

If you have an interest, The Old Ebbitt Grill is an experience. I would go for lunch, and see Senator's and representatives. The same open flame gas lighting is still in place, like when Ulysses S. Grant would eat there. 

Thanks for the tip. I have young kids with me so that'll be pass this trip.

Just got asked if I was Ted Cruz.

14 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Thanks for the tip. I have young kids with me so that'll be pass this trip.

Got ya. My kids loved the Natural History Smithsonian and the American History Smithsonian. At the Natural History museum, they hand a large meteorite that had been taken from a Mayan Pyramid. They had worn it smooth and shiny, like chrome, from touching it. I guess it was probably made from nickel and iron. 

Why? Did you cuck up when an orange man insulted your wife in front of you?

1 hour ago, BiPolarBear said:

So, gas stoves are on the way out but the legislators championing those Bills like the ambiance of open flame lighting.  Interesting.

Spy museum is a seriously cool place, over by L'Enfant

The holocaust museum is a good visit, but you need to set aside some time for that....

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

Air and Space Museum was always my favorite. :thumbsup:

If you have time check out the annex (or whatever you call it) out by Dulles airport.

Edit: this is the place:

https://airandspace.si.edu/visit/udvar-hazy-center

Udvar-Hazy is awesome...  I haven't been down to the one downtown in a while, but Udvar is awesome...

Just now, posty said:

Udvar-Hazy is awesome...  I haven't been down to the one downtown in a while, but Udvar is awesome...

Same.  While on a business trip I had a few hours to kill before flying home out of Dulles so I went there.  So glad I did as it is amazing. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Spy museum is a seriously cool place, over by L'Enfant

The holocaust museum is a good visit, but you need to set aside some time for that....

Both places you need to reserve tickets...  Spy museum is around $30/person where the holocaust is free, but not sure how many same day tickets are available and at what times...

mdc was mistaken for Dianne Feinstein. :dunno:

• Haha 1

Holocaust Museum is well done and of course very depressing.

Went there almost 30 years ago with a group of friends.  You get a little passport with a story about somebody that went through the Holocaust.  You start at the top floor and then read the next page whenever you descend to the next floor in the museum.  When you reach the bottom you learn the fate of the person.

In our group all of the people in our passports had a happy ending:  escaped Germany, reunited with family, etc, etc. 

My wife was expecting the same when she read the ending to her story.  Nope.  Woman and all 7 of her kids died in one of the concentration camps. :cry:

Yeah, beers at TGI Fridays afterwards was a bit sullen. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, zsasz said:

Why? Did you cuck up when an orange man insulted your wife in front of you?

Reminds me of when Bill Clinton said Obama would be getting his bags a few years before he ran for president. 

I’ve been there a many many times both for work and vacation- the craziest time was 3 weeks after 9-11 , already has plans and reservations so we said ##### it. Not going to let the terrorists screw up our plans. Columbus Day weekend and no one was there. Everything was open but it was a ghost town. Presidents motorcade was no joke. 

I drove 6 hours last year so my daughter could see panda bears. The wealth in the area was nauseating considering it’s all acquired via taxpayer dollars. Also, there’s homeless tent encampment’s and traffic cams everywhere. Reminded me of the Capitol in hunger games. I’ll never go back. 

2 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

So, gas stoves are on the way out but the legislators championing those Bills like the ambiance of open flame lighting.  Interesting.

If you say so. 

I've been told many times I look like him. Especially when I was fatter 

1 hour ago, Dizkneelande said:

I drove 6 hours last year so my daughter could see panda bears. The wealth in the area was nauseating considering it’s all acquired via taxpayer dollars. Also, there’s homeless tent encampment’s and traffic cams everywhere. Reminded me of the Capitol in hunger games. I’ll never go back.

Pandas in a free zoo. And DC has its shares of crappy areas - so does every city. You are a drama Queen 

19 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

Pandas in a free zoo. And DC has its shares of crappy areas - so does every city. You are a drama Queen 

Pretty sure the parking wasn’t free. Place sucks face it. It’s also filled with horrible leftists. I saw more kids masked up outside in one day than I’ve seen in a year. 

20 hours ago, Dizkneelande said:

Jealousy is an ugly emotion

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

He's making a good point on a bunch of the wealth there being supported on the backs of people these politicians, etc., take advantage of for a living. 

I don't think you need to be jealous to notice things.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Jealousy of what living in a police state filled with leftists? 🤣

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

He's making a good point on a bunch of the wealth there being supported on the backs of people these politicians, etc., take advantage of for a living. 

I don't think you need to be jealous to notice things.

Seems weird no, that 5 of the top 10 richest counties in America all surround DC?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-income_counties_in_the_United_States#2020_Census

29 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Pretty sure the parking wasn’t free. Place sucks face it. It’s also filled with horrible leftists. I saw more kids masked up outside in one day than I’ve seen in a year. 

I’ll give you that. I was last there 2018. Only Asians wore masks. Freaks. 

4 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

I live in #10  :dunno:

I’m pretty sure the folks in Nassau County NY didn’t accumulate their wealth off of taxes and sucking on the federal government’s weiner. 

28 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

I’m pretty sure the folks in Nassau County NY didn’t accumulate their wealth off of taxes and sucking on the federal government’s weiner. 

I work my ass off

• Thanks 1

Yesterday couldn't have gone better. Good weather, very few crazies, didn't see any homeless. Not very crowded either. Very few minorites the only issue was a large group of blacks deciding to yell at a driver for honking at them while they jay walked through a don't walk sign. We were stuck with them while walking up the the Washington monument. "Dat nigga lucky i ain't pull up on him right dis minute. Fock dat nigga" etc... The whole walk up. As soon as I could I broke away. Rest of the time was great.

The food at Bull feathers was good and right next to the metro.

We had to get back to the hotel and get to a rocket club meeting.

Metro was clean and quick.

Quick dinner at Cheese cake factory.  After I stayed at the hotel with the kids while my wife took my son to the meeting.

Up early this morning to launch rockets.

10 hour drive back home tomorrow...

51 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Minus points for eating at a chain restaurant 

We are staying in Fairfax and needed a quick dinner. Friday night we got pizza from a local establ6if that counts. To be fair the closes cheesecake factory is 90 minutes from my house.

3 hours ago, Dizkneelande said:

Seems weird no, that 5 of the top 10 richest counties in America all surround DC?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-income_counties_in_the_United_States#2020_Census

They need to move some these bloated federal agencies out into the rest of the country. Trump talked about it. No wonder they broke all sorts of laws to bring him down. No new for a department of education to begin with, but if we have one, it doesn’t need to be in DC.  Zoom and e-mails work fine. Send it to places that could use the jobs. 

8 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

We are staying in Fairfax and needed a quick dinner. Friday night we got pizza from a local establ6if that counts. To be fair the closes cheesecake factory is 90 minutes from my house.

Pizza joint in DC?  Was Podesta there? 

6 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Noted. It’s better then eating at the Hard Rock Cafe across from Ford’s Theater.