Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Every rankings I've seen to date have Njigba as the #1 rookie WR to draft in a dynasty.

Every one. 

Is it that clear cut? Addison has the upper hand for at least this year due to his draft situation in Minni, but I haven't seen even 1 rankings that don't have Njigba as #1 in dynasty. 

That's what I'm seeing too.

I think right out of the gate, next season, Addison may be the top guy, but Njigba apparently is the better long term. He could be the top WR in Seattle in a season or two. Don't see Addison ever being the top WR in Minnesota as long as Jefferson is there

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

I think right out of the gate, next season, Addison may be the top guy, but Njigba apparently is the better long term. He could be the top WR in Seattle in a season or two. Don't see Addison ever being the top WR in Minnesota as long as Jefferson is there

And who knows what will happen in Minni over the next couple years. Are they on their way down if they lose Cousins and have no one to fill the role?

One thing I heard about Jefferson is that he REALLY wants to win. More than your average guy. And Minni isn't looking all that in the big picture.

I would think they could keep Cousins. I don't think he's unreasonable too much. He will play on the tag too.

I think he's there for two more seasons at the least. They may draft somebody and let him play behind Cousins a season on the tag and then take over after that.

I think Addison or Quentin Johnson too, stepping into a similar role for the Chargers, any of those top three guys could break out, or possibly two or even all three. It's impossible to say that anyone is a clear favorite or a sure thing.

• Like 1

Q Johnson is stepping into the best spot.  

7 hours ago, polecatt said:

I started out with Addison as my WR1 when I was first putting together my rookie rankings, but his ceiling is capped. Cousins' status also throws some cold water on his upside. I also toyed with Zay Flowers as WR1, but I am not really convinced he should be earning more targets than Bateman (early on anyway) behind Mark Andrews. JSN probably isn't overtaking Metcalf anytime soon, but there is at the same sliver of hope that Seattle moves on from Lockett after this season. Johnston may be in the best situation, but I don't believe in him enough as a prospect (at least not yet). I think he has the most bust potential of the four.

Njgiba will be a star.  Personally, I'd rather see his brother become a star, but that's a topic for another board.

He's the most talented WR of this year's class, even if the landing spot might not be as appealing for 2023-24.

Talent > situation

On 5/21/2023 at 10:25 PM, weepaws said:

Q Johnson is stepping into the best spot.  

You are absolutely correct my friend. Maybe not this year but next year he will undoubtedly be the LACs top wideout.

I caved to the majority and took the first WR being Njigba. I usually take my guy but it's been overwhelming support for Njigba as #1 this year. I didn't take Johnson like I thought I would. But I did also get Flowers later in the draft. People are scared off by him being in Baltimore. 

12 hours ago, DocNiner said:

You are absolutely correct my friend. Maybe not this year but next year he will undoubtedly be the LACs top wideout.

Amen brother.  

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Amen brother.  

Maybe by then he'll be able to catch a ball with his hands. 😆

On 6/3/2023 at 8:01 PM, seafoam1 said:

I caved to the majority and took the first WR being Njigba. I usually take my guy but it's been overwhelming support for Njigba as #1 this year. I didn't take Johnson like I thought I would. But I did also get Flowers later in the draft. People are scared off by him being in Baltimore. 

I think you'll appreciate the fact you got Flowers. Not sure any of the WRs in this class will ever be elite, but I do think Flowers has a decent chance to emerge as a Hollywood Brown type (but bigger physically).

38 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

I think you'll appreciate the fact you got Flowers. Not sure any of the WRs in this class will ever be elite, but I do think Flowers has a decent chance to emerge as a Hollywood Brown type (but bigger physically).

I'm also encouraged a bit by what I've been hearing out of Baltimore. Looks like they are putting the pressure on Jackson to prove his worth through the air. And they must believe in him after that signing.

On 6/3/2023 at 8:24 PM, weepaws said:

Amen brother.  

Amen? I saw a "highlight" video of the guy, and not one highlight was a hands grab. All were body catches. Even when he went up in contested catches, they were body grabs. NFL CBs won't allow that.

His landing spot is stellar though. And could be the difference in him becoming a special player vs. being a wasted draft pick.

Johnston is still raw as a route runner. It was common to see him attack leverage incorrectly and/or signal the break in advance. This often allowed the defender to slide into his hip pocket, smothering him in coverage, preventing the throw from coming his way.

Even when the occasional 50/50 ball was thrown his way – an area I would expect him to shine – Johnston was often beat by smaller defenders. Whether it was due to poor high-point timing or trying to basket catch when blanketed, he rarely showed a physical dominance that his size and physical stature would suggest.

In a bit of good news, there was clear improvement with his route running between the ’21 and ’22 seasons. His snap down was much improved, he showed improvement in his releases, and he would attack leverage better…though there was also a lot still left on the table.

He doesn’t always give his quarterback a friendly target; sometimes staying put when the play breaks down and rarely coming back to the football. And that’s in addition to still occasionally attacking the wrong leverage and plenty of break signaling (though admittedly at a smaller clip).

Unfortunately, that’s not the worst of it. The biggest knock I’ve seen are his hands. Far too many balls were bobbled, dropped, or went straight through his hands…and that was when he would extend for the ball.

He would often try to make the catch against his body. This caused the ball to rattle and bounce against his pads, making for an even more difficult catch.

The Ravens have finally given Jackson help at the wr slot, this is going to be his biggest prove it season.   

Amen.  

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

The Ravens have finally given Jackson help at the wr slot, this is going to be his biggest prove it season.   

Amen.  

I think that's even understated. :thumbsup:

I still say Johnston landed in the best spot.   He has a darn good young Qb to combine with.   

27 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I still say Johnston landed in the best spot.   He has a darn good young Qb to combine with.   

I agree. But I sure am hoping that the word out of Baltimore is true and they throw a ton more.

On 6/5/2023 at 10:48 PM, The Football Guru said:

Looks like the Gmen will be weak at wr once again, what’s your feelings about a very late draft pick in a half ppr league on Hyatt? 

4 hours ago, LaChup said:

I can really see Flowers blossoming in Baltimore. 

Even with a limited passing game with Jackson at Qb ? 

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

Even with a limited passing game with Jackson at Qb ? 

What signs are you seeing in Baltimore that point towards the new OC and QB coach having a limited passing game in 2023?

Will they have less pass attempts, or an equal number in 2023 than they had over the past few years?

Jackson has played in 70 games.  

Avg pass att per game =23

Avg passes completed =15

Avg passing yards per game =174

Passing Tds per Game = 1.4.  

That looks like a limited passing game in today’s pass happy nfl to me.  But if one owns Jackson they will be blinded from the truth.  

Thanks. 

15 hours ago, LaChup said:

I can really see Flowers blossoming in Baltimore. 

Unless Flowers is a late bloomer.

If you don't see Flowers blooming because of Jackson, then you should Addison by selecting Jaxon.

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Jackson has played in 70 games.  

Avg pass att per game =23

Avg passes completed =15

Avg passing yards per game =174

Passing Tds per Game = 1.4.  

That looks like a limited passing game in today’s pass happy nfl to me.  But if one owns Jackson they will be blinded from the truth.  

Thanks. 

Those are 2023 stats? Or those will be 2023 stats. 

Fantasy football is not always about looking at past results and saying those will be future results.

You seriously aren't following. Really bad approach by you saying a new OC won't make a difference.

45 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Those are 2023 stats? Or those will be 2023 stats. 

Fantasy football is not always about looking at past results and saying those will be future results.

You seriously aren't following. Really bad approach by you saying a new OC won't make a difference.

So you have faith that this newest OC  will make a better passer out of mr Jackson, you Hypocrite. 

So far to date the ravens passing game has been limited with Jackson at Qb, can this new OC help with that maybe.  

They have given Jackson his best chance for passing success with the new additions at the wr slot.  

But look at you with the blind faith . Hypocrite. 

On 6/9/2023 at 10:26 AM, LaChup said:

If you don't see Flowers blooming because of Jackson, then you should Addison by selecting Jaxon.

I like QJ with the Chargers, I think he’ll be getting plenty of playing time.  He landed on the best spot. Imo. 

So you have faith that this newest OC  will make a better passer out of mr Jackson, you Hypocrite. 

So far to date the ravens passing game has been limited with Jackson at Qb, can this new OC help with that maybe.  

They have given Jackson his best chance for passing success with the new additions at the wr slot.  

But look at you with the blind faith . Hypocrite. 

Drunk much?

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

Drunk much?

Hypocrite and now a liar. You posted that we should all get along on this board 🤢, it’s just ff talk. 

But yet you keep on tossing out pure crap. 🥳🧐.  

You are a true democratic.  Liar, and a hypocrite 🤓

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Hypocrite and now a liar. You posted that we should all get along on this board 🤢, it’s just ff talk. 

But yet you keep on tossing out pure crap. 🥳🧐.  

You are a true democratic.  Liar, and a hypocrite 🤓

Ok mdc 2.0.

Whatever you say. I'm really sorry to hurt your feelers. 

Let's move on.   :dunno:

10 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Ok mdc 2.0.

Whatever you say. I'm really sorry to hurt your feelers. 

Let's move on.   :dunno:

No no no Mr Hypocrite Liar, Democrat, I’m not moving on, I’m pointing out how much of a hypocrite liar you are.  And I’ll continue to do so. 🎉👍  

Thanks  

No no no Mr Hypocrite Liar, Democrat, I’m not moving on, I’m pointing out how much of a hypocrite liar you are.  And I’ll continue to do so. 🎉👍  

Thanks  

Do what you want. :dunno:

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Do what you want. :dunno:

Okay Hypocrite Liar Democratic. Oh let’s just get along , go take your whining elsewhere.   

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Okay Hypocrite Liar Democratic. Oh let’s just get along , go take your whining elsewhere.   

What? :blink:

Ya'll this is a fantasy board. Not politics. Lamar Jackson said he wanted to break 5,000 passing yard record. That might have been part of why this discussion got so personal. Because that record has never been done before.

33 minutes ago, RareN64Dream said:

Ya'll this is a fantasy board. Not politics. Lamar Jackson said he wanted to break 5,000 passing yard record. That might have been part of why this discussion got so personal. Because that record has never been done before.

Not sure what you mean. How does Jackson's desire to break some record make anything "personal" and "political"?  

10 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Not sure what you mean. How does Jackson's desire to break some record make anything "personal" and "political"?  

He was being nice.

This is how I interpreted it, take your b1tch-slapping to the Geek Club.

• Like 1