GutterBoy

Cancel Target

26 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Absolutely.  This was clear as day when the left acted like children because trump acted like a child.  Now the right does it because the left did it.

I was also thinking about 10-12 years ago when the right was (correctly) complaining about largely being dismissed, flown over, called racists, ignorant, etc..    Now they are acting exactly same - Groomer! Pedo! No, You're the Racist!.    Social Media really amplifies our dumbest impulses.  

• Like 2

RuPaul had many endorsements and no one called for any boycotts. But then they started in on the kids. That’s a whole new ballgame. Leave the kids alone. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

I was also thinking about 10-12 years ago when the right was (correctly) complaining about largely being dismissed, flown over, called racists, ignorant, etc..    Now they are acting exactly same - Groomer! Pedo! No, You're the Racist!.    Social Media really amplifies our dumbest impulses.  

💯

Imagine taking the side of perverts. 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Rap Anthem “Boycott Target” number 2 on i tunes. Winning.  

#1 ! Hip-hop no less! I guess all those uneducated rednecks are making it happen. Lol. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Destroying people that support other people I hate, that's winning to the right.

They want to destroy all dissenting opinion.  We've seen this before in history 

I realize you are impervious to any negative info about the Left, but surely you realize that the Left has almost exclusive use of canceling people, doxxing, etc. for anyone who does not toe the Leftist line.  "Cancel Culture" is a Left thing.

We've had numerous discussions here about the difference between liberalism, which encourages speech and debate, and Leftism, which has zero tolerance for dissenting opinions.  Speaking of speech and debate, a good example is the recent discussion about the speech and debate judge who openly states that she fails anyone with positions she doesn't like.

:dunno: 

57 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I realize you are impervious to any negative info about the Left, but surely you realize that the Left has almost exclusive use of canceling people, doxxing, etc. for anyone who does not toe the Leftist line.  "Cancel Culture" is a Left thing.

We've had numerous discussions here about the difference between liberalism, which encourages speech and debate, and Leftism, which has zero tolerance for dissenting opinions.  Speaking of speech and debate, a good example is the recent discussion about the speech and debate judge who openly states that she fails anyone with positions she doesn't like.

It’s nowhere near “almost exclusive” to those of a liberal persuasion. And the right didn’t stop with boycotts of people or companies. They have been using the government in states they control. Disney dared to oppose DeSantis? The state government went after them. Books about black history? Banned. Diversity programs in colleges? Bye. Colleges that are deemed too liberal? State replaces their board with loyalists to the Florida governor.

I have no problem with boycotts on either side. If people dump Bud Light or Disney movies or the NBA moves its all-star game? Fine. But when things turn to government infringing on free speech? That’s blatantly unconstitutional. Florida is about to be destroyed by Disney in a lawsuit because Ronda couldn’t stop bragging about how he was using the power of the State to attack them. There’s a massive lawsuit coming against the book bans too. If conservatives wanna “cancel” anything with boycotts and/or peaceful protests? Have at it! But stop using the government to impinge on freedoms.

I also disagree with either side using violence in their boycotts…

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dogcows said:

It’s nowhere near “almost exclusive” to those of a liberal persuasion. And the right didn’t stop with boycotts of people or companies. They have been using the government in states they control. Disney dared to oppose DeSantis? The state government went after them. Books about black history? Banned. Diversity programs in colleges? Bye. Colleges that are deemed too liberal? State replaces their board with loyalists to the Florida governor.

I have no problem with boycotts on either side. If people dump Bud Light or Disney movies or the NBA moves its all-star game? Fine. But when things turn to government infringing on free speech? That’s blatantly unconstitutional. Florida is about to be destroyed by Disney in a lawsuit because Ronda couldn’t stop bragging about how he was using the power of the State to attack them. There’s a massive lawsuit coming against the book bans too. If conservatives wanna “cancelanything with boycotts and/or peaceful protests? Have at it! But stop using the government to impinge on freedoms.

Lol. When Target was getting looted was that a right wing boycott? 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

No it's not simply choosing to shop elsewhere.  It's creating misinformation videos, spreading satanic panic, creating hate songs and selling on itunes, threatening employees with violence, and then having an army of trolls shout WINNING.

Threatening a store employee is definitely wrong. Calling in a terroristic threat of blowing up stores is probably more egregiously wrong. The zealots and fanatics are wrong, but the vast majority of people who have opinions on this aren’t zealots. They aren’t people who are threatening anyone. They are people who simply are choosing to not patronize a store where they disagree with some items displayed, whether that is personal or from not wanting their children to be exposed to it. 

If you want to support Target for that same reason, you are free to do so with your money just as they are free to take their business elsewhere. The real issue for Target is they are in retail, a business that has massive competition and in most instances an equal priced alternative is always readily available. Right now, they are losing more existing customers than they are gaining new ones over this matter. 

Target miscalculated the reaction to this. Businesses don’t set up campaigns or assign floor space by accident. Those spots are expensive. They thought it would earn them business, perhaps positive feelings or press. They made an error in their calculation. It’s that simple. It’s not always easy to know. I thought Nike would pay a higher price than they did over the Kaepernick partnership. But the bottom line in business is you reap the rewards or pay the price for your decisions. Target made a bad one, the end damage of it is yet to be determined. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Davis said:

Target miscalculated the reaction to this. Businesses don’t set up campaigns or assign floor space by accident. Those spots are expensive. They thought it would earn them business, perhaps positive feelings or press. They made an error in their calculation. It’s that simple. It’s not always easy to know. I thought Nike would pay a higher price than they did over the Kaepernick partnership. But the bottom line in business is you reap the rewards or pay the price for your decisions. Target made a bad one, the end damage of it is yet to be determined. 

Well stated.

7 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I agree with you that the left started it, but the right said hold my beer.  That is where we are today, and the normal people just shake their heads.

• Like 1

Kohls is up next.

June is pride month.  So any store supporting gay is gonna get cancelled by the right for the next month.

Culture war getting ramped up fast.

20 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Kohls is up next.

June is pride month.  So any store supporting gay is gonna get cancelled by the right for the next month.

Culture war getting ramped up fast.

They can't/won't cancel everywhere because that's overwhelming. There are too many out there. So far, they've selectively chosen ones marketing transgender sh*t at kids to reap the whirlwind. Companies who keep it in moderation would be enough.

Also, I don't rightly know what Kohl's has done;it's not a store I've heard batted around.

6 hours ago, Mark Davis said:

Threatening a store employee is definitely wrong. Calling in a terroristic threat of blowing up stores is probably more egregiously wrong. The zealots and fanatics are wrong, but the vast majority of people who have opinions on this aren’t zealots. They aren’t people who are threatening anyone. They are people who simply are choosing to not patronize a store where they disagree with some items displayed, whether that is personal or from not wanting their children to be exposed to it. 

If you want to support Target for that same reason, you are free to do so with your money just as they are free to take their business elsewhere. The real issue for Target is they are in retail, a business that has massive competition and in most instances an equal priced alternative is always readily available. Right now, they are losing more existing customers than they are gaining new ones over this matter. 

Great post.   It's not hard to draw lines - boycotting, cancel subscriptions, stop shopping at a place?  Great, that's how this is supposed to work.    Most of the time I think people are silly for getting worked up about this stuff, but go for it.    If you are destoying property, threatening workers, getting people fired - then you are in the wrong.    

Most of the time I DGAF and the only time I do any of those first things is because of poor service and bad products, not because of some perceived political stance or position on an issue.  

Just now, BuckSwope said:

If you are destoying property, threatening workers, getting people fired - then you are in the wrong.    

Depends where you are.  If you are in san fran or seattle this is probably not wrong.   Maybe not welcomed but tolerated.   Thats what insurance is for don't ya know.  

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

They can't/won't cancel everywhere because that's overwhelming. There are too many out there. So far, they've selectively chosen ones marketing transgender sh*t at kids to reap the whirlwind. Companies who keep it in moderation would be enough.

Also, I don't rightly know what Kohl's has done;it's not a store I've heard batted around.

Even this when you start going down the path of refusing any store that does this you open a big can of worms.   Not as big of a display as what Target did, but I've seen LGBTQ products for/marketed to kids in stores like Barnes and Noble, Target, Kohl's, grocery store, all over.    Whether it's books openly displayed, clothes, toys.   It's all over, and I can't imagine trying to boycott every store or company who does this.    The easier option for me is to just not by those products.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Depends where you are.  If you are in san fran or seattle this is probably not wrong.   Maybe not welcomed but tolerated.   Thats what insurance is for don't ya know.  

Woke companies have an moral obligation to provide items for looters to rob.

18 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

25 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Thanks.

. It's not tranny stuff aimed at kids so it may not get picked up.

Yeah, that's still not going to go over well. Kohl's best hope is boycott burnout and this flies under the radar. I don't know if gay fathers are going to be enough. It's mostly drag queens and trannies.

If someone just said to themselves "I'm not shopping at Target because of the LGBTQ stuff" no one would bat an eye. It's the performance art of it all in the boycott that is eye rolling. They have to turn their boycotting activism into an online cause to get clicks. Same thing happened with the Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben stuff. Fine if you don't want to buy the product for whatever dumb reason. But it doesn't need to be some social media cause.

Also, going into Target and collecting carts and running stuff all over the store and destroying displays so some high school kid has to put it all away doesn't make you a culture war hero. It makes you an jerkoff. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

That's the funny thing.  So much back and forth these days boils down to a "they started it!" race to the ignorant bottom.  The two sides hate each other while acting like each other in so many ways. 

We are a nation of children and our politics 100% reflects this. 

Our politicians get worse and worse.  It's all about left vs. right and nothing else.  All they care about is owning the other side.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Our politicians get worse and worse.  It's all about left vs. right and nothing else.  All they care about is owning the other side.

And none of the "owning" comes from an honest place. It is all simply about being a "star" with a very vocal minority on social media as opposed to...you know...being an actual politician. 

39 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Thanks.

. It's not tranny stuff aimed at kids so it may not get picked up.

Yeah, that's still not going to go over well. Kohl's best hope is boycott burnout and this flies under the radar. I don't know if gay fathers are going to be enough. It's mostly drag queens and trannies.

You do know that the supposed tranny stuff aimed at kids at target was fake, right?  That libsoftiktok video, the wan took adult tuck friendly clothing and brought it to the kids section and lied about it.

It's an assault on everything gay, don't kid yourself.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Also, going into Target and collecting carts and running stuff all over the store and destroying displays so some high school kid has to put it all away doesn't make you a culture war hero. It makes you an jerkoff. 

Tardcore pilot calls this WINNING 

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Tardcore pilot calls this WINNING 

Of course he does. Dude makes up having a family and posts here at all hours of the day all days of the week. He wouldn't actually know what "WINNING" is. 

26 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You do know that the supposed tranny stuff aimed at kids at target was fake, right?  That libsoftiktok video, the wan took adult tuck friendly clothing and brought it to the kids section and lied about it.

It's an assault on everything gay, don't kid yourself.

Target didnt have a bunch of gay children's merchandise? 

22 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Target didnt have a bunch of gay children's merchandise? 

Gay, yes.  Tuck friendly bathing suits, no.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, dogcows said:

I have no problem with boycotts on either side. If people dump Bud Light or Disney movies or the NBA moves its all-star game? Fine. But when things turn to government infringing on free speech? That’s blatantly unconstitutional. Florida is about to be destroyed by Disney in a lawsuit because Ronda couldn’t stop bragging about how he was using the power of the State to attack them. There’s a massive lawsuit coming against the book bans too. If conservatives wanna “cancel” anything with boycotts and/or peaceful protests? Have at it! But stop using the government to impinge on freedoms.

Gutter spoke about canceling people.  I replied about canceling people.  You responded not about people.  The Left owns canceling people.  HTH

Uh oh, Chik Fil A?  :lol:

We started hitting up Chick Fil A pretty regularly during pandemic.  At first my daughter was upset, since they allegedly donated to anti-gay supporters or something like that.  I was all, who cares, it's good chicken.  They came around.

Now if they are going Diversity, are they gonna lose business?  I hope so because everytime I go there the line is too damn long.

One of my in laws works security for a Target. He said his department has had to review all the emails they’re getting about pride displays because some stores are getting threats. :wacko: 

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Gutter spoke about canceling people.  I replied about canceling people.  You responded not about people.  The Left owns canceling people.  HTH

Corporations are people, my friend.

• Like 1

It is perhaps less comfortable for liberals to get some of their own medicine.