GutterBoy

Cancel Target

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

As I have stated numerous times, there is no winning in this, its only furthering the divide

At least you can recognize this.  Maybe some day you will also recognize that you're contributing to it.

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Well as long as you can admit that you're willingly engaging in a childish tit-for-tat game then have fun.

Hilariously ironic.  

Why do you act so high and mighty and non political when you sit in these threads all day each day going tit for tat?   You sit here and bltch about the glory days and look at you.  Seriously just look at yourself.   From 8am till evening each day on repeat.  Yet so above it all. 

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You have zero self awareness.

Lol.  

• Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Well as long as you can admit that you're willingly engaging in a childish tit-for-tat game then have fun.  I can tell you that you are wrong on the endgame.  You replicating this behavior is not going to stop it, it's only going to encourage it more.  I would say that's pretty evident by now.

It's both humorous and sad to see the children play this retaliatory game to see who can out douche the other side.  My hope is that the people in the middle like myself can rise up and be better than the garbage that you associate with.

I have noted you referencing RLLD, and people like him, as garbage and filth.  That seems antithetical to your implied goal of  being a centrist adult demonstrating responsible conciliatory behavior.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

At least you can recognize this.  Maybe some day you will also recognize that you're contributing to it.

I have resognized this for years, having posted as much here.....over and over.

I am contributing nothing. Simply enjoying liberals getting a taste of their own medicince is like watching a bully get their nose bloddied, so yeah, most people do enjoy watching that happen.

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

When conservatives cancel people, it doesn’t count… because reasons.

Why don’t you list some people that got cancelled by liberals, then I can explain why none of those count either. We could do this all day.

PS - a photo of a black man kissing his wife is only “provocative” to certain people because his wife is white. Have you seen any wedding photos lately? Kisses on the beach are standard fare.

First you address my post.  Why did you claim a superintendent was fired for a false CRT claim and post a supporting link which says zero about that?

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

When conservatives cancel people, it doesn’t count… because reasons.

Why don’t you list some people that got cancelled by liberals, then I can explain why none of those count either. We could do this all day.

PS - a photo of a black man kissing his wife is only “provocative” to certain people because his wife is white. Have you seen any wedding photos lately? Kisses on the beach are standard fare.

Perhaps it was the sound track accompanying the photo.  Maybe he should not have gone with Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On.

What?  There was no sound track?  I guess I will have to give this some more research and thought.

8 hours ago, Mark Davis said:

Long time 49ers fan. How many games and seasons did Eric Reid play for the 49ers after he began kneeling?  I think you’re remembering that way different than it was. 

I don't remember specifics of every kneeler, but I believe you are proving my point.  Reid was good, so he was kept on.  Ray Rice past his prime, gone.  Ray Lewis a star, stuck around.  There is a pattern:  if you are going to put the Shield at risk, you better be good.  All black so no faux racist angle.

21 minutes ago, RLLD said:

No thank you, the absence of reason and thought you bring to the table is enough for a famly. I think you have the special kind of stupidity that leads to "do not eat" labels.

💥

21 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Hilariously ironic.  

Why do you act so high and mighty and non political when you sit in these threads all day each day going tit for tat?   You sit here and bltch about the glory days and look at you.  Seriously just look at yourself.   From 8am till evening each day on repeat.  Yet so above it all. 

Lol.  

:first:

22 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Hilariously ironic.  

Lol.  

Nailed it, dude is an absolute clown.

16 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I have noted you referencing RLLD, and people like him, as garbage and filth.  That seems antithetical to your implied goal of  being a centrist adult demonstrating responsible conciliatory behavior.

I'm sorry that offends you, but there are garbage people in this world, seemingly more every day.  Calling out the bad apples is not antithetical behavior.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm sorry that offends you, but there are garbage people in this world, seemingly more every day.  Calling out the bad apples is not antithetical behavior.

I was not offended.  No apology needed.  Still, nice that you offered one.

26 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Hilariously ironic.  

Lol.  

Like clockwork, I know I can always count on you to read all my posts and then respond about how much I post here.

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

First you address my post.  Why did you claim a superintendent was fired for a false CRT claim and post a supporting link which says zero about that?

School board members supported by Moms for Liberty took over the board, promising to eliminate CRT. They immediately fired the superintendent and passed rules banning CRT the same day. They refused to give an official reason for his firing, until much later… presumably to come up with some kind of “justification” for the firing. They have been sued… lawsuit is still ongoing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/read-it-deon-jackson-attorneys-file-lawsuit-against-berkeley-county-school-board-members-interim-superintendent/ar-AA15esus

I suppose there is a slim possibility that the firing was not related to their anti-CRT agenda. If so, it would be an unbelievably unlikely coincidence. A bit more background here about how the anti-CRT movement targeted Mr. Jackson here:

https://thegrio.com/2023/05/19/south-carolinas-critical-race-war-on-education-part-four-amen/

3 minutes ago, dogcows said:

School board members supported by Moms for Liberty took over the board, promising to eliminate CRT. They immediately fired the superintendent and passed rules banning CRT the same day. They refused to give an official reason for his firing, until much later… presumably to come up with some kind of “justification” for the firing. They have been sued… lawsuit is still ongoing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/read-it-deon-jackson-attorneys-file-lawsuit-against-berkeley-county-school-board-members-interim-superintendent/ar-AA15esus

I suppose there is a slim possibility that the firing was not related to their anti-CRT agenda. If so, it would be an unbelievably unlikely coincidence. A bit more background here about how the anti-CRT movement targeted Mr. Jackson here:

https://thegrio.com/2023/05/19/south-carolinas-critical-race-war-on-education-part-four-amen/

I didn't say it was not CRT related, but you also don't know that he wasn't pushing it, so I questioned the "fake" part.  My point was that you made a lot of assumptions based on a link which said none of it.

But, since you responded as I asked, I will as well.  My starting list of cancellation by the left:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_monuments_and_memorials_removed_during_the_George_Floyd_protests

If you have the time and inclination to scroll down the thousands of examples listed, you'll find names such as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt (the entire Mount Rushmore, impressive), Ulysses S. Grant and Robert E. Lee (apparently the entire Civil War was cancelled), Christopher Columbus, Francis Scott Key, Jesus Christ, and the Virgin Mary.

Cancelling is not getting fired over disputed CRT policies; that guy could get another job tomorrow.  It is the eradication of a person's existence, from history or from modern communication like social media.

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I didn't say it was not CRT related, but you also don't know that he wasn't pushing it, so I questioned the "fake" part.  My point was that you made a lot of assumptions based on a link which said none of it.

But, since you responded as I asked, I will as well.  My starting list of cancellation by the left:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_monuments_and_memorials_removed_during_the_George_Floyd_protests

If you have the time and inclination to scroll down the thousands of examples listed, you'll find names such as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt (the entire Mount Rushmore, impressive), Ulysses S. Grant and Robert E. Lee (apparently the entire Civil War was cancelled), Christopher Columbus, Francis Scott Key, Jesus Christ, and the Virgin Mary.

Cancelling is not getting fired over disputed CRT policies; that guy could get another job tomorrow.  It is the eradication of a person's existence, from history or from modern communication like social media.

Hmm, all those people you listed have definitely NOT been eradicated from history.

Hitler and Stalin are mentioned pretty regularly in history books. But we don’t put up monuments to them (unless you’re Clarence Thomas’s billionaire buddy). Confederate traitors deserve to be mentioned in history books. They do not deserve to be celebrated with statues in the public square. There’s a difference between who we remember and who we honor.

11 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Hmm, all those people you listed have definitely NOT been eradicated from history.

Hitler and Stalin are mentioned pretty regularly in history books. But we don’t put up monuments to them (unless you’re Clarence Thomas’s billionaire buddy). Confederate traitors deserve to be mentioned in history books. They do not deserve to be celebrated with statues in the public square. There’s a difference between who we remember and who we honor.

Current day liberals need to be documented fully in US history as upholding Nazi practices both politically and socially. .

• Haha 1

Gutterboy rarely leaves the house. He still plays video games. He’s not much help to target.  

14 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Confederate traitors like the people I listed?  I mean, you can at least pretend to not ignore the names I listed.  :cheers: 

Here's a list of name changes, again just attributed to Saint George Floyd:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_name_changes_due_to_the_George_Floyd_protests

I'm sure you can find some in that list to justify as well, because like the first list, there are a whole lot of them.

Let me know if you want to keep going.  I honestly can't believe I'm spending time arguing with somebody who literally believes that Conservatives drive the cancel culture, but here we are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancel_culture

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

Yeah, I am serious. I remember a time when politics was not ever-present in everything.  It was nice. People got along a little better. Now the politicans foment distrust and hate to grab at political power, and people just eat it up.

I misread your post a tad, and get what you are saying - more that it's not in our best interest to do so, but we choose to do it.   I agree with that, I took it more that you were saying it's not natural for us to put politics in everything, and that's what I was disagreeing with because it's 100% natural to put things in groups/tribes/categories like we do and thrive on drama and friction.  

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Confederate traitors like the people I listed?  I mean, you can at least pretend to not ignore the names I listed.  :cheers: 

Here's a list of name changes, again just attributed to Saint George Floyd:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_name_changes_due_to_the_George_Floyd_protests

I'm sure you can find some in that list to justify as well, because like the first list, there are a whole lot of them.

Let me know if you want to keep going.  I honestly can't believe I'm spending time arguing with somebody who literally believes that Conservatives drive the cancel culture, but here we are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancel_culture

Interesting - the wiki for cancel culture doesn’t mention statues. It focuses on the living. Not sure how you can ostracize or shame a dead person.

It’s a good summary of it though. I agree that being overzealous with “cancelling” people is bad. But it’s unavoidable that saying certain things will result in a backlash against those that say them. It’s always been true… but now we have a term for it.

And I didn’t say conservatives drive cancel culture… but they do participate in it… to an increasing degree recently.

One thing that rings true from that Wiki page: Cancelling somebody seldom has the intended consequence; often it increases their profile instead. Both sides should give up on it.

:cheers:

Has the “cancel Target” movement started an endless loop of fake cancelling?

https://nypost.com/2023/05/30/boycott-target-song-tops-charts-as-rapper-claims-censorship/

A rapper records a song that’s affiliated with cancelling Target, which as far as I know... is still in business.

Then the rapper claims he’s being censored... even though his song hit #1 on the iTunes Charts.

Everybody involved seems to think they are being cancelled, even though the opposite is happening.

Maybe I should try to get cancelled - seems to be a surefire path to stardom!

7 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Has the “cancel Target” movement started an endless loop of fake cancelling?

https://nypost.com/2023/05/30/boycott-target-song-tops-charts-as-rapper-claims-censorship/

A rapper records a song that’s affiliated with cancelling Target, which as far as I know... is still in business.

Then the rapper claims he’s being censored... even though his song hit #1 on the iTunes Charts.

Everybody involved seems to think they are being cancelled, even though the opposite is happening.

Maybe I should try to get cancelled - seems to be a surefire path to stardom!

Everyone is a victim.

Also I just checked out that song, it's so bad, dude says they are targetting our kids to be gay, who the fock believes this.  Also says that is why he's strapped.

This war on pride is getting really ugly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Everyone is a victim.

Also I just checked out that song, it's so bad, dude says they are targetting our kids to be gay, who the fock believes this.  Also says that is why he's strapped.

This war on pride is getting really ugly.

And by ugly you mean that weirdo’s facial hair.... 😂

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

And by ugly you mean that weirdo’s facial hair.... 😂

I finished listening to the song for the fock of it.  Dude says "We need to wash target with the blood of christ" and "god is coming for revenge"

smh

• Haha 1

Don't know if posted before, but...

Target Faces Bomb Threats Amid LGBTQ+ Controversy

https://www.newsweek.com/target-faces-bomb-threats-amid-lgbtq-controversy-1802991

Staff and customers at several Target locations were evacuated on Friday after bomb threats were made at select stores across the country as controversy continues to grow over the company's LGBTQ+ merchandise.

CBS News affiliate WOIO in Cleveland, Ohio, received an email at 12:26 p.m. Friday warning of bombs that had been placed in five different Target locations near the city. According to a screenshot of the email, which was published by the outlet, the threat was made in response to Target's decision to remove its LGBTQ+ pride collection from its shelves earlier this week.

"Target is full of...cowards who turned their back on the LGBT community and decided to cater to the homophobic right wing redneck bigots who protested and vandalized their store," read the email. "We won't stand idly by as the far right continues to hunt us down."

WOIO's staff contacted local police departments as well as the Cleveland FBI regarding the threatening letter. According to a release from the Jackson Township Police Department, police dispatch received calls around 12:40 p.m. from both WOIO and WEWS, an ABC News affiliate based in Cleveland, regarding a potential bomb threat at a Target in their county.

Jackson Township officers evacuated and searched the store along with a bomb-sniffing dog from the Stark Country Sheriff's office, read the release. According to a report from The Repository in Canton, Ohio, no bombs were found at the location and store operations resumed around 3:15 p.m.

WOIO reported that threats were also made at four other Target locations in Boardman, Ohio, Niles, Ohio, and Monaca, Pennsylvania.

Separate threats were made to several Target locations in Utah as well, reported CBS News affiliate KUTV, including stores in Layton, Salt Lake, Taylorsville and Provo. According to Layton Police Sergeant John Ottesen, who was cited in KUTV's report, officers began investigations after two local news stations received emails alerting them about the bomb threats.

Ottesen said that the threatening email, which was three sentences long, referenced Target's pride collection and was reportedly sent from a "bogus email address."

"The safety of our team members and guests is our top priority," a Target spokesperson told Newsweek on Friday when asked about the recent bomb threats. "Law enforcement investigated these claims and determined our stores are safe. Our stores are currently open and operating regular hours."

Target made the decision to remove its pride merchandise from its storefronts after the company received widespread backlash and calls for boycotts. A release from the company on Wednesday said that choice was made after it "experienced threats impacting our team members' sense of safety and well-being while at work."

The company is one of several that have been recently targeted by conservative groups for supporting the LGBTQ+ community. The first widespread boycott calls came after Anhesuer-Busch sent a commemorative can to transgender influence Dylan Mulvaney in April.

Earlier this week, conservative Colorado Representative Lauren Boebert also called for a boycott against North Face over its ad campaign featuring a drag queen. Georgia Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene has also joined calls to boycott the company.

Yes, posted, but still important.  Bomb threats, death threats on innocent employees.   Crazy stuff.  We've gone past boyotting.  This is not winning.

22 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I finished listening to the song for the fock of it.  Dude says "We need to wash target with the blood of christ" and "god is coming for revenge"

smh

If wse had some of the blood of Christ we could clone him.  We just have to make certain he does not escape the theme park built to display him.

17 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Yes, posted, but still important.  Bomb threats, death threats on innocent employees.   Crazy stuff.  We've gone past boyotting.  This is not winning.

And we can all remember that same behavior from the left's boycott of Chick-fil-A...oh, wait...

Liberals created cancel culture then make fun of conservatives when they use it. 🙄

Just now, crackattack said:

Liberals created cancel culture then make fun of conservatives when they use it. 🙄

Conservatives used to make fun of liberals for cancel culture not they use it. 🙄

• Confused 1

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Conservatives used to make fun of liberals for cancel culture not they use it. 🙄

the difference is that there is an established culture in America and the left is trying to destroy it.  the other one seeks stability.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

the difference is that there is an established culture in America and the left is trying to destroy it.  the other one seeks stability.

What culture is that?

• Like 1

liberals:  we need to destroy the established culture in America!  progress!
also liberals:  oh no! the established culture in America is wrecked!  America is destabilizing because of it!  its so bad that America elected a tv show star like trump who will nuke the world!  who did this????????

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

What culture is that?

oh i dunno, basic respect for police and the military, relative peace between races and sexes, for a start.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

What culture is that?

8 cylinder, fuel injected, over the top consumerism with a touch of nuclear armed patriarchal arrogence designed to seduce high healed blondes in airconditioned comfort.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Liberals used cancel culture for everything. To be honest, it was used as a weapon that literally caused fear in individuals to speak their mind. It was extremely effective in silencing anything they disagreed with. Firings, boycotts, hell they got the MLB Allstars game moved on a lie. I guess when it's used as a weapon, then obviously the other side will too. Fair game and all :dunno:

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Liberals used cancel culture for everything. To be honest, it was used as a weapon that literally caused fear in individuals to speak their mind. It was extremely effective in silencing anything they disagreed with. Firings, boycotts, hell they got the MLB Allstars game moved on a lie. I guess when it's used as a weapon, then obviously the other side will too. Fair game and all :dunno:

Sums up the race to the bottom 100%.   I am sure each of us teaches each of our children the great "but they did it too..." line of thinking.    

You post as though the only possible reaction to crap being done to you that you (supoosedly) don't like is to act the same way.   🙄