Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Axe Elf's 2023 Campaign

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

It’s only a ten team league it should be.   I thought he took Mahomes at Qb, Allen was the number one ff Qb, He avg one point more per game.  So he took the number two ff Qb.  

The draft was for picking players for this coming season, not last. Mahomes adp is #1 on many sites including ESPN. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

I’ve posted players I’ve drafted, I just don’t do weekly updates, I save that for the ff fools like Sean and the elf.   I also don’t feel the need for me to post any mock draft results. I don’t need those look at me moments. 

Thanks.  

So no courage to actually stand behind a team you draft? Got it.

@Axe Elf and I may have gone back and forth a few times but I at least respect that he will throw a team up there and be like "Here's what I did"

And mock drafts are a key component of fantasy football drafting because you can see how others perceive players. 

43 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

The draft was for picking players for this coming season, not last. Mahomes adp is #1 on many sites including ESPN. 

Best ADP is ones own, I’m sorry that those others deceive you.  

25 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So no courage to actually stand behind a team you draft? Got it.

@Axe Elf and I may have gone back and forth a few times but I at least respect that he will throw a team up there and be like "Here's what I did"

And mock drafts are a key component of fantasy football drafting because you can see how others perceive players. 

Not in a ten team league.  I’m embarrassed by the about of attention you keep giving me, but all I can say is Thanks.  

I think it’s great that you two ff gods post about your teams, keep it up.  Many others on here need the help. 

Thanks.  

28 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Not in a ten team league.  I’m embarrassed by the about of attention you keep giving me, but all I can say is Thanks.  

I think it’s great that you two ff gods post about your teams, keep it up.  Many others on here need the help. 

Thanks.  

Oh that's right I forgot...you were the one that ran and hid when people challenged you to do a fantasy league last year for bragging rights. 

I remember now. 

I don’t need to brag about myself, that’s a very sinful thing to do. I’m sorry about your memory problem.  

Time for the splash park, I’ll see all of my fans in about five hours.  

Good day.  

Thanks.  

8 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Just an observation....I've never seen you ever post any of the teams you drafted here. 

Because nobody else cares about a fantasy team that someone else drafted...  Simple as that...

Especially for a game that is all luck...

15 hours ago, posty said:

Because nobody else cares about a fantasy team that someone else drafted...  Simple as that...

Especially for a game that is all luck...

So you don't understand how message boards work?

Cool. 

This really is entertaining during the NFL dead season.  I like the way Elf writes a dissertation on each pick to throw everyone off and get away with “rate my team”.  This really should be moved to the “little help board”.  

On 5/24/2023 at 6:27 PM, rallo said:

I really like Mike Williams this year, his ADP is fantastic if he can stay healthy. I also like the late flyer on Herbert and Schultz. Solid draft.

I think he's about right.  He had one season where he lived up to his talent and it happened to be a contract year.  Plus the chargers drafted that TCU guy that's big and fast (but can't really catch).

5 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

So you don't understand how message boards work?

Cool. 

Dude, if you seriously can say that you care about other people's fantasy football team, you have some serious issues...

When I played, I only cared about my team...  Why would anyone give a rat's ass about another team that you have zero control over?

Wait.  You don't play FF and you're reading FF posts?  Why?

4 hours ago, nobody said:

He had one season where he lived up to his talent and it happened to be a contract year.

no surprise.   I had a friend who only picked players in contract years and damn nearly every player performed for him..... imagine that.   to that end, I love taking players in contract years.   Lots to love about that.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

this is something people have been speculating about for some time.     it makes no sense to me.... but different strokes for different folks.   I suppose as long as he enjoys it who are we to criticize.

40 minutes ago, tenaciousb said:

Toney at 11.03?   Gimme some of that!

well, the issue with him has always been his ability to stay healthy.   last year he was learning the system in KC.    so I am expecting a significant bump in his numbers but his ability to stay healthy is still a major concern.

I think at that point in the draft, the benefits outweigh the risks, but this is probably in the range I'd expect him to be drafted.

I dont mind the pick.    I also suspect as training camp progresses his ADP will trend towards being earlier in the draft.   not substantially earlier but at least a round (possibly 2 earlier)

granted this is just speculation.  he could also get hurt and his ADP falls off.  hard to say for sure with this guy.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

well, the issue with him has always been his ability to stay healthy.   last year he was learning the system in KC.    so I am expecting a significant bump in his numbers but his ability to stay healthy is still a major concern.

I think at that point in the draft, the benefits outweigh the risks, but this is probably in the range I'd expect him to be drafted.

I dont mind the pick.    I also suspect as training camp progresses his ADP will trend towards being earlier in the draft.   not substantially earlier but at least a round (possibly 2 earlier)

granted this is just speculation.  he could also get hurt and his ADP falls off.  hard to say for sure with this guy.

What? 

On 5/28/2023 at 1:56 PM, Ray_T said:

23 hours ago, weepaws said:

What? 

For the record.  The post is pretty clear.

Poster views Toney as a good value in the 11th and acknowledges the injury history and risk.  He also expected Toney's ADP to climb.

Not sure what is possibly unclear about that.

• Like 1

Ray post is perfectly clear, my post was simply a tongue in cheek humerus response. Ray is adult he knows this.  Don’t take things I say to seriously, it will cause high blood pressure.  

And I agree with both of those poster, Toney in the 11th is a very good value  even in a rookie ten team league.  

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, nobody said:

For the record.  The post is pretty clear.

Poster views Toney as a good value in the 11th and acknowledges the injury history and risk.  He also expected Toney's ADP to climb.

Not sure what is possibly unclear about that.

What? 

I’m intrigued by Toney as well.  He’s a great late round flyer for sure, but I think I like Skyy  Moore a little better.

46 minutes ago, weepaws said:

What? 

been drinking again Weepaws?

9 minutes ago, JagFan said:

I’m intrigued by Toney as well.  He’s a great late round flyer for sure, but I think I like Skyy  Moore a little better.

Rice appears to be in the mix as well, but we probably won't really know how the KC WRs are going to shake out until they shake out.  Moore has a year of experience, but didn't flash much as a rookie.  Toney flashes, and has the best escapability after the catch, but hasn't stayed healthy.  Rice has great burst, but is a rookie.  MVS is still around, but we kind of know what we have there.  Someone else might step up--Justyn Ross?  Ritchie James?

Somebody's going to be a great late-round pick; Toney's the frontrunner at this point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JagFan said:

Not a judgement of your statement, but a ff question, why do you think Moore is better, I’m asking this question cause I’m on the fence about those two players.  Moore can be even a bigger value. 

I have that KC might be making a push for D Hop.  

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

been drinking again Weepaws?

I drink whole milk, hot decaf tea, juice, lots of water, but I do like Mountain Dew.  I two 12 cans of the dew today.  I’m sorry.  

On 5/26/2023 at 1:13 PM, posty said:

Dude, if you seriously can say that you care about other people's fantasy football team, you have some serious issues...

When I played, I only cared about my team...  Why would anyone give a rat's ass about another team that you have zero control over?

That is not what I said. Try to keep up

I have done a few best balls already this year, this is a 1 dollar contest on Fanduel, not quite free but close to it. I will probably do 20-25 drafts 1-5 dollar leagues, and then a few in the 25-50 dollar range. 

I decided to stack up players on all of my best balls so far. I will not do this once i get later on, i just want to see how this strategy scores at the end of the year.  For example I have Rice/Sky Moore and Metchie/Collins. I just need 1 out of each pair to hit.

I was going to grab Sam Howell as a third QB, but i missed him, someone reached above his ADP to get him and there was no third QB i liked. I should have grabbed Ford to back up Chubb instead of one of those two late round TE's.

2 QB
QB Daniel Jones 8th pick
QB Jared Goff  9th pick

6 RB
Bijan Robinson 1st pick
Nick Chubb 2nd pick
Kenneth Walker III 3rd pick
Jamaal Williams 7th pick
Zach Charbonnet 10th pick
Tyler Allgeier 14th pick

9 WR
DK Metcalf 4th pick
Mike Evans 6th pick
Jameson Williams 11th pick
Skyy Moore 12th pick
Rashee Rice 13th pick
Nico Collins 15th pick
John Metchie III 17th pick
Rashid Shaheed 19th pick
Michael Wilson 20th pick

3 TE
Dallas Goedert 5th pick
Hayden Hurst 16th pick
Luke Schoonmaker 18th pick

3 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have done a few best balls already this year, this is a 1 dollar contest on Fanduel, not quite free but close to it. I will probably do 20-25 drafts 1-5 dollar leagues, and then a few in the 25-50 dollar range. 

I decided to stack up players on all of my best balls so far. I will not do this once i get later on, i just want to see how this strategy scores at the end of the year.  For example I have Rice/Sky Moore and Metchie/Collins. I just need 1 out of each pair to hit.

I was going to grab Sam Howell as a third QB, but i missed him, someone reached above his ADP to get him and there was no third QB i liked. I should have grabbed Ford to back up Chubb instead of one of those two late round TE's.

2 QB
QB Daniel Jones 8th pick
QB Jared Goff  9th pick

6 RB
Bijan Robinson 1st pick
Nick Chubb 2nd pick
Kenneth Walker III 3rd pick
Jamaal Williams 7th pick
Zach Charbonnet 10th pick
Tyler Allgeier 14th pick

9 WR
DK Metcalf 4th pick
Mike Evans 6th pick
Jameson Williams 11th pick
Skyy Moore 12th pick
Rashee Rice 13th pick
Nico Collins 15th pick
John Metchie III 17th pick
Rashid Shaheed 19th pick
Michael Wilson 20th pick

3 TE
Dallas Goedert 5th pick
Hayden Hurst 16th pick
Luke Schoonmaker 18th pick

Does FanDuel have auction drafts, or just snakes?

Really like Metchie as a deep sleeper this year.

Not a big fan of handcuffs in Best Ball leagues; it's sort of like guaranteeing that you'll have one less player at that position than everyone else for every week of the season--but I understand there's not much to choose from in the later rounds.

On 5/26/2023 at 2:27 PM, nobody said:

I come over to the main board every once in a while to see if anything looks good to read...  Most of time, there isn't anything worth it...

5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Does FanDuel have auction drafts, or just snakes?

Really like Metchie as a deep sleeper this year.

Not a big fan of handcuffs in Best Ball leagues; it's sort of like guaranteeing that you'll have one less player at that position than everyone else for every week of the season--but I understand there's not much to choose from in the later rounds.

1. It is a snake only.

2. Big metchie fan- given his cost.

3. Just trying some different strategies and will monitor at the end of the year how they perform.   I will have other drafts where I do not stack up like that. 

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

1. It is a snake only.

2. Big metchie fan- given his cost.

3. Just trying some different strategies and will monitor at the end of the year how they perform.   I will have other drafts where I do not stack up like that. 

Give me Hutchinson. 

Forego the 6-10 TEs and just grab Okonkwo.  I'm surprised he isn't getting more love.

I see a lot of dissecting and criticism on your draft and rightfully so. Guys have a right to their opinion  and say what.they think of your team. I think in the past you may have said, I could be wrong, why draft 2 TEs but both Kmet and Schultz will have good years. Kmet will.build on his production this year and post better numbers than last year IMO. SCHULTZ is now in Houston and with a rookie QB in Stroud who should be the starter Dalton could see a ton of targets. RB HARRIS should be good in '23, have to see how DOBBINS does post injury from '22, HERBERT may just be filli-in and have some good weeks. I think the gem of your RBs is PACHECO. I liked what I seen from.him in '22 and in the Chiefs.high powered offense he's.gonna see.a.lot of touches which brings.me to your pick of KADARIUS TONEY. Some don't like him but with Mahomie's tossing the rock if Toney can stay healthy he can post decent WR2 numbers.

Chase will finish no lower than the 3rd best WR in '23. MIKE WILLIAMS.has.the talent he just.needs.to.stay on the field and if he does HERBERT will.look his way. I also.think that QUENTIN JOHNSON is.gonna make a big splash as a rookie cause I see Keenan Allen fading. Not sure about Dionte Johnson as I think Georgie Pickens will end up being top dog in Pittsburgh. In all I.fon'tthink your yeam is a world beaters but I wouldn't have a problem being this teams owner. Given your reasoning behind your drafting Ithink you did a pretty good job with. You should follow the team and see how they end up doing. Not a bad roster at all.

I think OP drafted a reasonable team especially considering his limited football knowledge.

• Haha 1

Considering it was only a ten team league. 

What's with everyone cutting everyone down? I get it on the political board, as that comes with the territory, but fantasy football anger against others? 

Weird.

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

What's with everyone cutting everyone down? I get it on the political board, as that comes with the territory, but fantasy football anger against others? 

Weird.

Look in the mirror hypocrite.  

25 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Look in the mirror hypocrite.  

Quote me then. Call me out on this fantasy board. It's just fantasy football. 

On 5/29/2023 at 8:14 PM, AxeElf said:

Rice appears to be in the mix as well, but we probably won't really know how the KC WRs are going to shake out until they shake out.  Moore has a year of experience, but didn't flash much as a rookie.  Toney flashes, and has the best escapability after the catch, but hasn't stayed healthy.  Rice has great burst, but is a rookie.  MVS is still around, but we kind of know what we have there.  Someone else might step up--Justyn Ross?  Ritchie James?

Somebody's going to be a great late-round pick; Toney's the frontrunner at this point.

Richie James is very intriguing, and a fantastic pickup from KC. I'm not sure it gets the looks he needs, but man, he excels at WR screens and OTM drag routes as he can do a lot in space or with a lead blocker. That said, he's been injured the past few years, and hasn't really been able to show out other than that one game in SF where the entire WR crew was injured. I would think KC will utilize him more than just the KR/PR game but I guess we'll see.

2 minutes ago, rallo said:

Richie James is very intriguing, and a fantastic pickup from KC. I'm not sure it gets the looks he needs, but man, he excels at WR screens and OTM drag routes as he can do a lot in space or with a lead blocker. That said, he's been injured the past few years, and hasn't really been able to show out other than that one game in SF where the entire WR crew was injured. I would think KC will utilize him more than just the KR/PR game but I guess we'll see.

it really sounds like he has upside but his health has held him back.   This is likely going to make or break him at this level.   if you cant stay healthy playing div 1 or 2 ball, you will have a bigger issue at the NFL level.

just sayin.

maybe what he needs is a redshirt season to get fully healthy.    if the coaching staff recognizes this, he may not get much more than special teams play until hes able to sort out these other issues.

On 6/6/2023 at 12:33 PM, Ray_T said:

it really sounds like he has upside but his health has held him back.   This is likely going to make or break him at this level.   if you cant stay healthy playing div 1 or 2 ball, you will have a bigger issue at the NFL level.

just sayin.

maybe what he needs is a redshirt season to get fully healthy.    if the coaching staff recognizes this, he may not get much more than special teams play until hes able to sort out these other issues.

I envision special teams plus a couple of designed gadget plays per game, with higher potential if he can actually stay healthy and a few key injuries happen throughout the year. More of a mid season plug in for fantasy players. For KC though, it makes a ton of sense.