Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Sports that could be mixed male and female

I was channel surfing last night and saw ladies bowling and I though there is a sport where men and women could compete directly.   Got me to thinking of others

Horse Racing?

Nascar?

Darts(if you wanna call that a sport

Cornhole?

27 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Pickleball 

No.  Pretty sure a "pro" male pickleball player would destroy a "pro" female pickleball player

Women can't realistically can't compete with men on any professional level, even if it's a nonphysical activity. Example: chess

The only professions they exceed men are ones that are sexually related, that's it.

Facts

42 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Women can't realistically can't compete with men on any professional level, even if it's a nonphysical activity. Example: chess

The only professions they exceed men are ones that are sexually related, that's it.

Facts

Women are better ultra distance runners than men.

https://www.insider.com/women-are-faster-long-distance-runners-estrogen-2020-1

Jello wrestling

Wet t shirt contest.  

There are two different aspects to consider - safety and competitive ability.  Obviously, it would be safe for women to compete against men in bowling.  But, a quick google search suggests that the men average over 30 points more per game than the women.  So, would those women even be competitive against the men?   Use Tennis as an example, because it exemplifies the competitiveness point.  I've posted this before but the Williams sisters said they could beat any male ranked lower than 200 on the men's tour in Tennis.  Fortunately, the 206th ranked male happened to be available and offered to play them.  He played Serena FIRST.  He toyed with her and still won a set like 6-1.  Venus happened to watch and couldn't let her little sister get whooped like that so she then took this guy on.  Again, toying with her he beat her about as badly.  Those women never made a comment again about beating the men.  I have nothing against women's sports but there are just physiological differences between the male and female body that benefit men in most if not all physical competitions.

24 minutes ago, Strike said:

There are two different aspects to consider - safety and competitive ability.  Obviously, it would be safe for women to compete against men in bowling.  But, a quick google search suggests that the men average over 30 points more per game than the women.  So, would those women even be competitive against the men?   Use Tennis as an example, because it exemplifies the competitiveness point.  I've posted this before but the Williams sisters said they could beat any male ranked lower than 200 on the men's tour in Tennis.  Fortunately, the 206th ranked male happened to be available and offered to play them.  He played Serena FIRST.  He toyed with her and still won a set like 6-1.  Venus happened to watch and couldn't let her little sister get whooped like that so she then took this guy on.  Again, toying with her he beat her about as badly.  Those women never made a comment again about beating the men.  I have nothing against women's sports but there are just physiological differences between the male and female body that benefit men in most if not all physical competitions.

But with bowling I don't really understand why.   Seems women and men could compete equally, at least it does to me.  You don't need strength.  There are no differences in the playing field.  

As far as the Williams sisters.  I don't believe they ever said that.  I think they said they couldnt beat a man above 200.  But I could be wrong.

31 minutes ago, Strike said:

No. 203 sweeps Williams

At the height of the Williams boom in 1998, an unofficial game took place in Australia after Serena and Venus claimed that no male player outside the top 200 could beat them.

Up stepped a German known as Karsten Braasch who was ranked 203rd in the world and after first beating Serena 6-1, he then disposed of Venus 6-2.

"I didn't know it would be that difficult. I played shots that would have been winners on the women's circuit and he got to them very easily," said Serena.

"They wouldn't have had a chance against anyone inside the top 500 because today I played like someone ranked 600th to keep it fun," was Braasch's assessment.

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

No.  Pretty sure a "pro" male pickleball player would destroy a "pro" female pickleball player

They would.

Pool, darts, checkers, maybe horseshoes and cornhole females could compete.

7 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

But with bowling I don't really understand why.   Seems women and men could compete equally, at least it does to me.  You don't need strength.  There are no differences in the playing field.  

As far as the Williams sisters.  I don't believe they ever said that.  I think they said they couldnt beat a man above 200.  But I could be wrong.

If only there were a way to search and confirm your "beliefs."  Maybe call it Google or something.......

1998: Karsten Braasch vs. the Williams sisters

Another event dubbed a "Battle of the Sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open[60] between Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. Venus and Serena Williams had claimed that they could beat any male player ranked outside the world's top 200, so Braasch, then ranked 203rd, challenged them both. Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centered around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple of bottles of ice cold lager".[61][60] The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park,[62] after Braasch had finished a round of golf and two shandies. He first took on Serena and after leading 5–0, beat her 6–1. Venus then walked on court and again Braasch was victorious, this time winning 6–2.[60] Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance." He added that he had played like someone ranked 600th in order to keep the game "fun"[63] and that the big difference was that men can chase down shots much more easily and put spin on the ball that female players could not handle. The Williams sisters adjusted their claim to beating men outside the top 350.[6

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Williams sisters vs Karsten Braasch: When World No. 203 destroyed Serena Williams and Venus Williams in Battle of the Sexes

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

You do need strength.  The physics and rule of thumb is the ball weight should be around 10% of your body weight.  Most women don't use the heavier or max ball weight of 16 pounds.  Thus the advantage goes to men who use the largest weight ball because weight equals more momentum.  

Just now, RogerDodger said:

You do need strength.  The physics and rule of thumb is the ball weight should be around 10% of your body weight.  Most women don't use the heavier or max ball weight of 16 pounds.  Thus the advantage goes to men who use the largest weight ball because weight equals more momentum.  

Fair point

Just now, supermike80 said:

Whatever...You win.   :first:  There.   feel better?

No.   Less annoyed though.  As I always say, I like to debate differences of opinion.  I SHOULDN'T have to debate FACTS.  But hey, you've joined the group that consists of TimsCrotch and Squisition in my "notebook", so congrats? 

Cooking

Just now, Strike said:

No.   Less annoyed though.  As I always say, I like to debate differences of opinion.  I SHOULDN'T have to debate FACTS.  But hey, you've joined the group that consists of TimsCrotch and Squisition in my "notebook", so congrats? 

I SAID I wasn't sure.  I am terribly sorry that triggered you.   Poor fella.  

Here...:first:  There's a second one.  Better yet?  

Isn't this the Jimmy The Greek argument but with gender?

You speak the truth, you're going to get canceled. 

C'mon guys, we've slipped into debating which sports aren't physical because we all know men are physically superior to women. That leaves us to pitting mental ability of men vs. women.  And one sex is out of balance hormonally one week of every month because their bodies are in a breeding cycle.  It's ok to admit women are inferior to men mentally too, it's just the evolution of things.  The one thing they are better than men at is the one thing they were designed to do....birth children. 

4 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

It's ok to admit women are inferior to men mentally too

I know lots of women that are way smarter than you.

Also...

Sex differences in human intelligence have long been a topic of debate among researchers and scholars. Most psychologists now believe that there are no significant sex differences in general intelligence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_differences_in_intelligence 

14 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Serious question: could a professional heavyweight female boxer beat a bantamweight male boxer? Same question for UFC equivalents? 

I ask because I’ve no idea. 

No. 

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Also...

Sex differences in human intelligence have long been a topic of debate among researchers and scholars. Most psychologists now believe that there are no significant sex differences in general intelligence

I'm not disputing what you're saying or trying to argue.  There are wicked smart women.  If men have a mental advantage it would be due to other mental traits.  In general, I believe men are more competitive than women meaning they crave that competition.  I  know I am extremely competitive, hence why I take  pride in winning almost as many threads as Drobeski.  My point is there are other mental components beyond intelligence that MAY come in to play.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Also...

When discussing topics like this it's in aggregate.  In other words for tiny brains: A single example doesn't disprove the rule.  

Really, it's the simplest logic you keep stumbling over and over.  It doesn't matter the topic.

Your next move is to ask some asinine questions like, "There aren't any women scientists?".   

Are we talking strictly men against women or co-ed team against co-ed team.  I think soccer is a good co-ed sport.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Are we talking strictly men against women or co-ed team against co-ed team.  I think soccer is a good co-ed sport.

I think an all male soccer team would beat a co-ed soccer team.  If the women drag down the level of competition what's the point?   I want to see the best play the best. 

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

I'm not disputing what you're saying or trying to argue.  There are wicked smart women.  If men have a mental advantage it would be due to other mental traits.  In general, I believe men are more competitive than women meaning they crave that competition.  I  know I am extremely competitive, hence why I take  pride in winning almost as many threads as Drobeski.  My point is there are other mental components beyond intelligence that MAY come in to play.

It's important that we define what we're measuring.  A blanket statement that "women are inferior to men mentally" is dumb, I think we can both agree on that.

When it comes to intelligence, it's generally accepted that we're on the same plane.   You mentioned men are more competitive, true, they are also more aggressive.  Women have a higher EQ than men.  Research out there shows women are better leaders than men.

So yeah "mental components" is a broad brush, but saying women are mentally inferior to men is something an insecure, inferior man would say.

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

It's important that we define what we're measuring.  A blanket statement that "women are inferior to men mentally" is dumb, I think we can both agree on that.

When it comes to intelligence, it's generally accepted that we're on the same plane.   You mentioned men are more competitive, true, they are also more aggressive.  Women have a higher EQ than men.  Research out there shows women are better leaders than men.

So yeah "mental components" is a broad brush, but saying women are mentally inferior to men is something an insecure, inferior man would say.

I never said women are mentally inferior so not sure what you're getting at.   And, to the extent that you may be getting that from my statement of men having a mental advantage, that would simply be in the context of competition and is more of a mentality than anything else.  And that isn't to say that there aren't ANY women with the same mentality as men but they're a much smaller percentage of the whole than men.