Sign in to follow this  
edjr

NAACP says Florida is ‘actively hostile’ to minorities and issues travel warning (deserves own thread)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/22/naacp-florida-travel-warning-ron-desantis

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has issued a travel advisory for the state of Florida, calling the state “actively hostile” to minorities as Florida’s conservative government limits diversity efforts in schools.

Other groups have also warned against travel to Florida. Equality Florida, an LGBTQ+ advocacy group, issued a travel advisory in April because of laws targeting LGBTQ+ rights, the Washington Post reported.

In a separate advisory, the Florida Immigrant Coalition said “traveling to Florida is dangerous”, warning that people of color, international travelers and those with an accent faced a higher risk of racial profiling and harassment.

The NAACP previously issued travel warnings in 2017 for Missouri over the death of a Black man in a jail and racist threats going unchecked on college campuses in that state, Time reported. Black drivers in Missouri were also stopped 75% more than white drivers, according to a 2016 report from the state attorney general’s office that the advisory referenced.

What kind of a focked up world do we live in? :doh: 

Seems a little extreme, and somewhat partisan, to issue a “travel warning”. 

That being said, I do imagine that many college students will be turned off by the growing anti-intellectual push of red states and seek their education elsewhere. And that’s sad. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I wonder if the NAACP CEO will no longer reside in Tampa?

:lol: you know the answer to that

Does that mean there will be fewer family on family brawls at Walt Disney World?  Or do those only happen at Disneyland? 

I hope they do Ohio next. 

Florida has the highest rate of minority owned businesses in the country, but RACISM!!!!!

29 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

That being said, I do imagine that many college students will be turned off by the growing anti-intellectual push of red states and seek their education elsewhere. And that’s sad. 

I find the educational anti-intellectual push comment interesting in a day and age where I see university upon university stiffling free speech in favor of an orthodoxy.  The marketplace of ideas now is only allowed to sell generic items.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is weed legal or not in FL?

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Define what you think is “Anti-intellectual”

When it says people of color, what color are they talking about? 

• Confused 1

As someone who is making the move to Florida in 3-4 months I’d like to thank them. I hope they spread the word to the illegal new arrivals 

the less people moving there the better 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

😆

Maybe Desantis should issue a travel warning for Orlando.

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Nobody on the left is intellectual so it doesn’t matter

What’s hilarious is you’ve got actual black people in Florida laughing at these “advisories” and telling people that the DNC is doing nothing but lying cause Florida is still the same :lol: 

14 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Fawk!!! Not buying that condo now. Oh, wait.

Nah give it a little while longer. Let the liberals talk so much crap about Florida and get then to leave. House prices will go down. Especially if Disney decides to leave 

1 hour ago, BillyKing said:

Nah give it a little while longer. Let the liberals talk so much crap about Florida and get then to leave. House prices will go down. Especially if Disney decides to leave 

I hate Disney. Would rather have a colonoscopy than ever go there.

Haven’t been to Fla in three years. I miss it. I heard it’s even better now. 

Anti - intellectual red states. Lol. They can’t read in Baltimore, Maryland and in California they think men can menstruate.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Anti - intellectual red states. Lol. They can’t read in Baltimore, Maryland and in California they think men can menstruate.  

Men do in those states. It’s called lead poisoning. 🤟🏿

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Only pusssy college students.   And the liberal states can have them.   Liberals are lazy focks. 

Look around society.  Looks at the folks who are on government assistance, food stamps, etc.    They are all liberal/dem voters. 

Anyone disagree?  (and before some retard from the corner of the room yells "I know a guy who votes Trump who is lazy", by all I mean nearly all)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

You do this so well without my help. 

So says the guy who thinks ramming frozen ketchup packets up their ass, waiting for them to melt then proclaiming "I had my period" is right of passage.

1 hour ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

I hate Disney. Would rather have a colonoscopy than ever go there.

I literally would rather dig a hole, fill it with money, and just set it on fire than go to a Disney park.

8 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Character is higher than intellect.

RWE

25 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

So says the guy who thinks ramming frozen ketchup packets up their ass, waiting for them to melt then proclaiming "I had my period" is right of passage.

Hmm, somehow I can’t remember discussing this. 

38 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Hmm, somehow I can’t remember discussing this. 

I kind of remember that heinzful moment.🌭🥕❤️

More race card bullshit. The left has nothing else. The NAACP is a joke. A group of thugs at BLM usurped them in short order. 

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Haven’t been to Fla in three years. I miss it. I heard it’s even better now. 

We go twice and year and will be there for a week June 14 (school ends)

20 hours ago, Strike said:

Florida has the highest rate of minority owned businesses in the country, but RACISM!!!!!

My mind immediately went to this.  I wonder, why the NAACP would purposely harm these businesses.  Here we have evidence of AA success, and the NAACP is willing to sacrafice this success to serve a political master.

If you are AA and see this, you should emphatically turn away from this entity.

14 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Imagine the consternation of Florida residents if they don't get to experience this behavior next year.

What they needed was a social worker to de-esclalate the situation, I did not see anyone asking those poor aggressors if they needed help or anything.....😔

DeSantis is brilliant. Not only does he win with his policies, but they also have the effect of making the state even more red.  And safer.  Brilliant I say.