Sign in to follow this  
Death Pool Update: Tina Turner at 83...

https://www.tmz.com/2023/05/24/tina-turner-dead-dies-83/

Tina Turner -- the iconic and adored singer known as "The Queen of Rock 'n' Roll" -- has died ... TMZ has confirmed.

A statement from Tina's reps reads, "It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Tina Turner. With her music and her boundless passion for life, she enchanted millions of fans around the world and inspired the stars of tomorrow. Today we say goodbye to a dear friend who leaves us all her greatest work: her music. All our heartfelt compassion goes out to her family. Tina, we will miss you dearly."

Tina was born in Tennessee as Anna Mae Bullock and raised in the small town of Nutbush, but later moved to St. Louis ... where she frequented the nightclubs and first encountered Ike Turner in the late '50s.

After hearing her sing, Ike made her a featured vocalist in his band, and in 1960 she was introduced to the world as Tina Turner as the duo put out their hit, "A Fool in Love."

The 2 would go on to get married in 1962 and become a massively successful music act in the '60s and '70s with hit songs like "It's Gonna Work Out Fine," "River Deep - Mountain High," "Nutbush City Limits" and the legendary, Grammy-winning "Proud Mary."

However, the duo wouldn't last, and after disbanding in 1976 they divorced in 1978. Tina would reveal years later in her autobiography that she was a victim of domestic abuse.

Turner then launched one of the greatest music comebacks ever as a solo artist in the '80s, by first releasing the hit "Let's Stay Together" followed by the massive album "Private Dancer" ... which included tracks like "What's Love Got to Do" and "I Can't Stand The Rain."

Tina won 8 Grammy Awards over the course of her career, including Record of the Year for "What's Love Got to Do with It."

It was back in 2019 when a Broadway Musical honoring her life debuted with Tina in attendance ... of course, her fans went wild as she left the venue with a gigantic smile on her face.

RIP

10 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Ike’s. Been waiting.🤟🏿

He beat her in death too,

My girl. An American treasure. Never let herself be defined as a victim. She rejected it.  The queen of Rock and Roll. Simply the best. RIP sweet lady.  We will never see another like her.  

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

My girl. An American treasure. Never let herself be defined as a victim. She rejected it.  The queen of Rock and Roll. Simply the best. RIP sweet lady.  We will never see another like her.  

She came to New Orleans a decade or so back. Bought my mom and cool is tickets for her birthday. She called and “Thanks Bunny! I pissed my pants I was so excited and loved it.”

RIP

56 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

She came to New Orleans a decade or so back. Bought my mom and cool is tickets for her birthday. She called and “Thanks Bunny! I pissed my pants I was so excited and loved it.”

RIP

You seemed to have piss yourself a lot back then.

47 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

You seemed to have piss yourself a lot back then.

If by piss myself, and had a lot of fun making those around me happy, including myself,you bet. Way better than most. Guarantee my fun of life factors were 364 days a year compared with to your one and a leap year day. Just a truth. :cheers:

5 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

If by piss myself, and had a lot of fun making those around me happy, including myself,you bet. Way better than most. Guarantee my fun of life factors were 364 days a year compared with to your one and a leap year day. Just a truth. :cheers:

Dude was joking cause of your tickle post. Lighten up.

Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

Dude was joking cause of your tickle post. Lighten up.

Sorry. Got up to piss seven fawking times last night. Wifey won’t drain da sack.🙃🌭🥕

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

THIS. Not often an artist can reinvent themselves, restart a dormant career, or record a cover of a stone cold classic and turn it into the definitive version of the song. That voice! and those legs...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fnord said:

THIS. Not often an artist can reinvent themselves, restart a dormant career, or record a cover of a stone cold classic and turn it into the definitive version of the song. That voice! and those legs...

This/ Tina and Aretha were the original divas. The Queen of Soul and the Queen of Rock. 

A woman who definitely left a footprint in the history of music. 

But talk about shiity death luck - going into the same Trifecta as Jim Brown? Poor woman can't get away from beaters, even in death. 

I'll have to get some Tina in the playlist this weekend. RIP to an R&R bad a$$.

19 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well said.

• Thanks 1

A new “artist” does a Tina Turna rendition. We have regressed as a society. No words. 

Respect her career, but as a music lover she was way over-rated. Got big during MTV's hayday along with some made-for-movie songs.

Nothing anyone today would say "Hey, let's rock out to Tina Tuner." It was all pop cheese, with a sprinkle of talent and name recognition. She rocked Rolling on the River... want to hear it now? No? Me neither. Nobody does.

4 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Respect her career, but as a music lover she was way over-rated. Got big during MTV's hayday along with some made-for-movie songs.

Nothing anyone today would say "Hey, let's rock out to Tina Tuner." It was all pop cheese, with a sprinkle of talent and name recognition. She rocked Rolling on the River... want to hear it now? No? Me neither. Nobody does.

Horrible take.  

RIP Tina. One of the best.