Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

what is happening with the Giants Offense

hey guys, just trying to get some thoughts.  I'm hoping some homers will chime in.

I would ask that we try to keep this a constructive conversation.   its fine to disagree but be respectful of all opinions even if you dont agree.

There appears to be a few changes to the Giants offense.   I am thinking there are a number of options here.

obviously there are a lot of directions this can go.

I see a lot of WR but at this point no one guy really stands above the rest (at least not in any big way)   in some respects this offense almost looks like it could look more like what Oakland/vegas had with Waller being the De Facto #1 option in the pass  game and a bunch of #2 WR splitting the rest.

the first question is:  do we think this team goes out and acquires a true #1 WR at any point?

The second is, who are the breakout candidates?

For me Wandale Robinson was a good breakout candidate for this year until he had his ACL torn.   so I'm pusing that back a year.   love the talent but hes likely a year away from being the player he was meant to be.

Paris Campbell is interesting, hes shown signs of possibly breaking out last year but I dont know that hes quite there.   He may be an adequate WR2 for this team but I dont see him leading the team in receptions or yards.

Shepard is also coming back from an ACL and Achilles injury.  I dont like seeing the combo could be bad news for him

Slayton could be the guy.  I think the giants want him to be the guy.  but I dont know if hes much more than a high end WR2 or low end WR1 (and only a WR1 because there is nobody better on this team)

Hodgins seems to be penciled in as the WR2.  not sure what to make of the guy.  I have not seen a lot from him but he was brought over from Buffalo.

We have a rookie but he wasnt highly drafted so I dont know that hes likely to play a major role this year.

any other insights?

A bunch of avg WRs.  I would take Waller , and hope he can stay healthy.  

56 minutes ago, weepaws said:

A bunch of avg WRs.  I would take Waller , and hope he can stay healthy.  

honestly this offense could very much resemble the Oakland offenses back before they moved to Vegas and got a true #1 WR and waller put up fantastic numbers in that offense as he was the de facto #1 receiving option. 

Granted Danny Dimes isnt Carr but I also think he may be more suitable to that type of offense anyhow.

As to question 1) no, they don’t have the money to absorb a big contract. As for 2) Waller is without a doubt the #1 option. As for the receivers, Hodgins is Draftable in 12 team + leagues. If you are looking for a lotto ticket Campbell would be the only one I’d roll the dice on. Slayton isn’t worth much…

On 5/25/2023 at 1:56 PM, jrokh said:

As to question 1) no, they don’t have the money to absorb a big contract. As for 2) Waller is without a doubt the #1 option. As for the receivers, Hodgins is Draftable in 12 team + leagues. If you are looking for a lotto ticket Campbell would be the only one I’d roll the dice on. Slayton isn’t worth much…

I was kind of thinking along these lines myself.    Campbell showed signs of a possible breakout last year.   not endorsing him yet but if buying a late round lotto ticket you could certainly do worse.   hes been high on potential and low on production for most of his career but if he does finally put it together he may be worth the investment so long as you dont overpay for him.

Got me some Eric Gray late in my dynasty rookie draft. He's like 25 years old but WTF. Could be a PPR machine after Barkley goes down early this season.