Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

Kyler Murray: interesting article; gone in '24?

I commented on this on the D hop thread.  but if Murray isnt playing much this season due to ACL recovery  Hopkins game could be in decline by the time hes healthy.

so to that end there is a benefit to taking the cap hit early, getting a higher draft pick and freeing up all that salary for the following year when Murray is healthy.

the other possibility is that they are gearing up to get a new #1 overall pick and replace Murray.   I thought there was a small chance it happened this year but its hard to trade away a damaged asset.    they need to wait for the ACL to heal.

The Cardinals really messed things up with Murray. Time for them to cut the dude, eat the salary, and start over. They can't project wanting to tank, cause the players will revolt, but they need to tank in some way for the betterment of their team. 

14 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

The Cardinals really messed things up with Murray. Time for them to cut the dude, eat the salary, and start over. They can't project wanting to tank, cause the players will revolt, but they need to tank in some way for the betterment of their team. 

They are in the enviable position of having plausible tankability; everyone knows they will struggle to win a handful of games this season even if they try, so there's not much difference between tanking and going all out.

They deserve each other.  

15 hours ago, AxeElf said:

They are in the enviable position of having plausible tankability; everyone knows they will struggle to win a handful of games this season even if they try, so there's not much difference between tanking and going all out.

Play the youth and get rid of big contracts on guys who don't fit anymore on what they want to do. That's if they know what they want to do. Key point there.

On 5/29/2023 at 4:53 AM, seafoam1 said:

Play the youth and get rid of big contracts on guys who don't fit anymore on what they want to do. That's if they know what they want to do. Key point there.

well, if the cards want to dump him I guarantee there will be some takers.

but I think if dumping him they have to wait until he is fully healthy.   you rarely get full value for a player who is injured.

Sadly Zona is in a tough place with Murray.  

The cardinals have the lowest win total in the league according to vegas at 4.5.

However, I think that Murray will be back next year.

Kyler Murray is a very good QB.  The problem with the Arizona Cardinals is they are a terribly run organization.

What keeps Murray from being better than good is his head.  

8 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Kyler Murray is a very good QB.  The problem with the Arizona Cardinals is they are a terribly run organization.

58 minutes ago, weepaws said:

What keeps Murray from being better than good is his head.  

I would buy the argument that we have a little from column A and a little from Column B

I have little doubt that Murray will be one of those running QB's who will probably be done by the time he hits the age of 30 or 31.

Murray sure looked good early in his career.   But he (and the team) went off the rails somehow.    Clearly they need to get back on the track, but before that can happen Murray needs to get healthy.

This year will likely be a wasted one for the team.

I think it's about anybody's guess what's gonna happen with Murray and the Cardinals long term.

On 6/2/2023 at 8:26 PM, polecatt said:

I think it's about anybody's guess what's gonna happen with Murray and the Cardinals long term.

That's the problem with Arizona. They don't know what they want.