tubby_mcgee

Dems announce Biden will NOT debate any presidential contender here on out.

What do board dems think of this?   Odd or not?  

Is that normal procedure?

Smart move, to keep him viable he needs to be protected.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

True.

I liken it refusing a breathalyzer.    Except without penalty. 

Imaging if they announced you could refuse a breathalyzer, sobriety test or blood sample, WITHOUT penalty.

How many drunks would take part?

• Confused 1

I feel as outraged as all the board righties did in 2020 when the RNC didn't sponsor any debates between Trump and GOP's seeking the Republican nomination. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

It’s irrelevant. There are no other viable candidates running in the Democratic Party. 

Ohhhhh...okay.  So that's like a fella refusing a breathalyzer by saying "Well I wasn't drinking anyway, so why would I take a breathalyzer"

How would the cops and anyone watching respond? 

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I feel as outraged as all the board righties did in 2020 when the RNC didn't sponsor any debates between Trump and GOP's seeking the Republican nomination. 

Interesting. I did not know that. I do not remember Trump/RNC making an announcement that he will not debate anyone. 

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'm mostly interested in the general election.  I predict Camp Biden will shoot for zero debates, because, well, he has lost most of his faculties.  My guess is they will acquiesce to one, extremely controlled format with set questions and responses.  So not really a debate, but the MSM will push it as such.

We'll see I guess.  :thumbsup: 

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

The argument that Biden is mentally deficient took a big hit this week as he apparently outmaneuvered Kevin McCarthy. (Though in truth, I rather suspect a 5 year old might be able to outmaneuver Kevin McCarthy.) 

4 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

So no RNC debates took place?  Interesting. I did not know that.

There were 3. Trump didn’t participate in them because why would he?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Republican_Party_presidential_debates#:~:text=Politicon%2C a nonpartisan political convention,Bill Weld%2C and Joe Walsh.

Your thread title is misleading.

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

The argument that Biden is mentally deficient took a big hit this week as he apparently outmaneuvered Kevin McCarthy. (Though in truth, I rather suspect a 5 year old might be able to outmaneuver Kevin McCarthy.) 

His maneuver this week was PLANNED. He knew this was coming. 

A debate might be slightly different in that, sure maybe he can get a hold of the questions early, but being able to keep him on his toes during questioning and answer quickly might not be the best for him right now. 

I can see why his handlers wouldn't want him out there spouting nonsense or stumbling on his words. 

At any rate, he's too old to be running. He needs to take a seat. 

Just now, TheNewGirl said:

His maneuver this week was PLANNED. He knew this was coming. 

A debate might be slightly different in that, sure maybe he can get a hold of the questions early, but being able to keep him on his toes during questioning and answer quickly might not be the best for him right now. 

I can see why his handlers wouldn't want him out there spouting nonsense or stumbling on his words. 

At any rate, he's too old to be running. He needs to take a seat. 

He’s had some press conferences, and he’ll have more. He’s fine. 

Do I wish there was someone else running? Sure. Most Democrats do. But he’s what we have; nobody is going to tell him to leave. And since Trump seems a lock to run against him, you’d better figure on Joe winning again. 

• Haha 3

It's freakin' stupid, and both parties have shown and inclination to go this route.   We should all be 100% against this.   What are we doing here if major politicians can't get on a stage, debate issues, and field questions?  

• Like 4

I guess what I'm getting at....is something is wrong with Biden.   Like, daily-function wise. 

Do dems think that also, or is their hatred for Trump so bad, that it simply doesn't matter if Biden can walk, walk or if he swallows his own tongue?  

That was buildup to my point. 

2 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

It's freakin' stupid, and both parties have shown and inclination to go this route.   We should all be 100% against this.   What are we doing here if major politicians can't get on a stage, debate issues, and field questions?  

It's getting worse...and you're right.  Politicians are become  "Less serving of the people" and more like dictators. 

Half of the country sees this and is pissed off.  Half stare straight ahead, drool and say "We're good with whatever you tell us, Main Stream Media/Government"

• Thanks 1

Just now, tubby_mcgee said:

I guess what I'm getting at....is something is wrong with Biden.   Like, daily-function wise. 

Do dems think that also, or is their hatred for Trump so bad, that it simply doesn't matter if Biden can walk, walk or if he swallows his own tongue?  

I think there is something wrong with him. 

I think he has the clear signs of dementia, you can see it when he walks, he doesn't even need to open his mouth. He loses track of his words, he mumbles, can't remember. Needs someone to constantly point him to where he needs to go, etc. Someone with their faculties in such a powerful position in our country shouldn't need to have someone do these things, IMO. He's the FOCKING President. He can't follow basic instructions like a kindergartener. 

There is a LOT of hatred for Trump, we know that his opposers will stop at NOTHING. He's STILL having to go to court for things. Their hatred is STRONG. If he is elected it will be another 4 years of fake impeachments, trying to scrounge up shiiite on him. More wasted money. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

The candidates challenging Biden aren’t real. If he were to debate them, he MAKES them real. 

Plus- there really are certain issues that shouldn’t be debated. Robert Kennedy Jr. believes that the Covid vaccines don’t work and are part of a large government conspiracy. I would prefer if Biden not waste time acknowledging that this is a subject worthy of discussion. It isn’t. 

4 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

You’re going to see Biden in a few debates- with Donald Trump. Not with the irrelevant Democratic challengers. Incumbent Presidents don’t debate challengers from their own party. 

Lol.  Imagine trying to get on a debate stage and explaining how you have focked everything up. It ain’t just the dementia.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lol.  Imagine trying to get on a debate stage and explaining how you have focked everything up. It ain’t just the dementia.  

I don’t think Biden will have too much trouble running on his record. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t think Biden will have too much trouble running on his record. 

His record inflation? 

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The candidates challenging Biden aren’t real. If he were to debate them, he MAKES them real. 

Plus- there really are certain issues that shouldn’t be debated. Robert Kennedy Jr. believes that the Covid vaccines don’t work and are part of a large government conspiracy. I would prefer if Biden not waste time acknowledging that this is a subject worthy of discussion. It isn’t. 

glad msnbc keeps you up to date with Kennedy

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You’re going to see Biden in a few debates- with Donald Trump. Not with the irrelevant Democratic challengers. Incumbent Presidents don’t debate challengers from their own party. 

Has any sitting POTUS ever debated primary challengers?

Why would you? :wacko: 

• Like 1

Trump considering skipping one or more GOP primary debate😂

Former President Donald Trump has privately discussed skipping either one or both of the first two Republican presidential primary debates, according to three sources who have spoken with Trump about his plans.

Trump’s advisers have pointed to his commanding lead in the polls as one reason he is hesitant to share the stage with his GOP challengers.

“Why would we debate? That would be stupid to go out there with that kind of lead,” one Trump adviser said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

Has any sitting POTUS ever debated primary challengers?

Why would you? :wacko: 

I’m not sure if Jimmy Carter debated Ted Kennedy in 1980. Otherwise the answer is no. 

33 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

But he can negotiate and kick a$$, right? 

He can’t negotiate holding his bowels at the Vatican. He’s a demented husk . Much like Feinstein he’s incapable of doing the job and everything is run behind the scenes 

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Former President Donald Trump has privately discussed skipping either one or both of the first two Republican presidential primary debates, according to three sources who have spoken with Trump about his plans.

Trump’s advisers have pointed to his commanding lead in the polls as one reason he is hesitant to share the stage with his GOP challengers.

“Why would we debate? That would be stupid to go out there with that kind of lead,” one Trump adviser said.

Point Given. (not the horse)

I was using the headline that I posted to get to my point.   But yes, my headline wasn't quite correct.... no one will debate a truly inferior candidate.  I get that.

I really don't think he is fit for office. and if I'm a democrat, I'm looking/hoping for another candidate.   Like, you...personally...Mike Honcho... do you see everything (his movements, his speech, etc) as "normal"?  Maybe you do...maybe you think the naysayers are blowing things out of proportion. 

But my response to would be, Well, there's folks that stand up and outwardly yell "Pitbulls are no different than any other dog", "its the owners, not the dog" etc.

My response is, then ..."How come owners of Golden Retrievers aren't pleading their case that their dog is "misjudged" or having to argue "Golden Retrievers are no different than any other dog" . 

There have been plenty of other Democratic politicians in which no one had to defend their cognitive abilities, etc. 

Also....random thought here on a tangent....I think the #1 ranked democratic politician is Tulsi Gabbard. 

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’m not sure if Jimmy Carter debated Ted Kennedy in 1980. Otherwise the answer is no. 

Wow, it's almost like the righties are trying to invent a reason to get outraged. 

I'm shocked. :shocking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

A default was never going to happen. It would have been far too damaging to our economy and have world wide ramifications.

McCarthy did what he had to do, or what anyone had to do in that situation.

You do know it is just not Biden and McCarthy working on this right? They are just the front puppets. 

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Wow, it's almost like the righties are trying to invent a reason to get outraged. 

I'm shocked. :shocking:

Not really, I could give a fock about the debates. 

But Biden and his handlers need to be honest about his mental faculties. He's an old man. 

We don't like having old men in certain jobs for a reason, they can't drive well, etc. Why do we let them focking run the country? 

9 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Not really, I could give a fock about the debates. 

But Biden and his handlers need to be honest about his mental faculties. He's an old man. 

We don't like having old men in certain jobs for a reason, they can't drive well, etc. Why do we let them focking run the country? 

There are old people that are sharp as tacks.  It's not that he's "old".  Its that most people I would say, when they watch him function,  see a lot of problems. 

At what point would it be "enough" ?  That's what I'm wondering. 

The thought crosses my mind...where I dunno...lets say he can't walk or raise his hands on his own. Are they going to create a contraption where they "operate him" like a marionette is operated?  And would his backers
A. say "well, he's older, so he needs help and that is okay"
B. say "What? What do you mean? I don't notice anything. " (and play pretend as though he's not being helped along by strings, etc)

53 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

That is an interesting read on that situation. 

3 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

There are old people that are sharp as tacks.  It's not that he's "old".  Its that most people I would say, when they watch him function,  see a lot of problems. 

At what point would it be "enough" ?  That's what I'm wondering. 

The thought crosses my mind...where I dunno...lets say he can't walk or raise his hands on his own. Are they going to create a contraption where they "operate him" like a marionette is operated? 

IMO, this is already happening, but not in a physical kind of way. Don't need people to raise his arms, but he needs people to tell him what to say. I mean, we've seen the print on his speeches, it's huge. They cut him off when he starts to drift away from topics, the signs are all there. He stumbles when he walks, he's repeatedly nearly fallen. Those motor skills are all super important when we age. 

And don't even get me started on Feinstein. They should have FORCED her to retire years ago. That's just pathetic really that they allowed her to remain in office. 

37 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Oof! 💥 😂 

There is literally zero upside and only potential downside for Biden to debate challengers.   Would be an idiotic move politically to give them a platform.  Forgetting his weakened mental state, it is just a bad move politically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

It’s irrelevant. There are no other viable candidates running in the Democratic Party. 

Why do you hate democracy?

27 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Point Given. (not the horse)

I was using the headline that I posted to get to my point.   But yes, my headline wasn't quite correct.... no one will debate a truly inferior candidate.  I get that.

I really don't think he is fit for office. and if I'm a democrat, I'm looking/hoping for another candidate.   Like, you...personally...Mike Honcho... do you see everything (his movements, his speech, etc) as "normal"?  Maybe you do...maybe you think the naysayers are blowing things out of proportion. 

But my response to would be, Well, there's folks that stand up and outwardly yell "Pitbulls are no different than any other dog", "its the owners, not the dog" etc.

My response is, then ..."How come owners of Golden Retrievers aren't pleading their case that their dog is "misjudged" or having to argue "Golden Retrievers are no different than any other dog" . 

There have been plenty of other Democratic politicians in which no one had to defend their cognitive abilities, etc. 

Also....random thought here on a tangent....I think the #1 ranked democratic politician is Tulsi Gabbard. 

If you prefer Tulsi then you’re not really a Democrat, sorry. Though you’re free to call yourself one or whatever. 

Also this dementia stuff is completely fabricated. Biden has slowed down. He’s old, But he’s still pretty alert. The folks who claim in this thread that he didn’t have much to do with the debt negotiations weren’t paying attention. He talked about it several times, always very cogently. And according to all reports he was in the room and the final decider.