Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Cancel Legos!

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

British influencer Oli London—who previously identified as transracial, gender neutral and transgender—shared one of LEGO's videos on Twitter over the weekend. The clip gave further insight into the A-Z of Awesome campaign.

Identifies as transracial?  WTF does that mean?  :unsure: 

34 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Identifies as transracial?  WTF does that mean?  :unsure: 

Rachel Dolezal

It’s only going to get worst, the Bible tells us so.  Amen. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

It’s only going to get worst, the Bible tells us so.  Amen. 

worse

How does a company see that much profit in such a small % of people??  If all the trannies bought lego, how much of a profit blip would they see?

Risk/reward is skewed imho

6 hours ago, Fireballer said:

What’s the point of these Lego sets?

What's the point of Lego?

Or do you think they are selling gay Lego sets?

9 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

How does a company see that much profit in such a small % of people??  If all the trannies bought lego, how much of a profit blip would they see?

What's the % of anti gay bigots that buy Lego vs non?  I would think Lego is ok risking pissing them off but who knows.

But that's the question.  When do corps support gays vs not.  The anti gay movement has lots of momentum right now.  Hopefully this stops and we don't take further steps to shun these people again.

Transracial? Does that mean its my choice as to whether I identify as a lego or a nigo?

Here we go.  It's a playbook now. 

Make up a lie, they have trans sets, whatever the fock that means.

Scare you, Lego is grooming your kids to be gay

Hurt the Corp, throw away your Lego and boycott.

Rinse, repeat.  Gonna be a fun month.

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

ESG score. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

What's the % of anti gay bigots that buy Lego vs non?  I would think Lego is ok risking pissing them off but who knows.

But that's the question.  When do corps support gays vs not.  The anti gay movement has lots of momentum right now.  Hopefully this stops and we don't take further steps to shun these people again.

If a qweeah needs legos to find vaidation of their mental illness...that is living in a fragile state of mind.

The poor gays.  Just thrown in and grouped with people that want to hack off body parts.  Grown men who parade around with a diaper and a binky.  

27 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

If a qweeah needs legos to find vaidation of their mental illness...that is living in a fragile state of mind.

If a bigot needs to throw away their kids legs because a queer plays with legos... that is living in a fragile state of mind.

2 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

It's not just trannies and lgbtq people who will buy them, and there is probably the added benefit of just being a "woke" company in general in the year 2023.  

I just assume most decent companies ran this cost/benefit and the risk was low enough.  

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

It's not just trannies and lgbtq people who will buy them, and there is probably the added benefit of just being a "woke" company in general in the year 2023.  

I just assume most decent companies ran this cost/benefit and the risk was low enough.  

I wonder if they will run the calculation again with these recent data points.

3 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Stupid people swallow it up because they love outrage. There is nothing going on in their lives so this is how they get their kicks. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

Stupid people swallow it up because they love outrage. There is nothing going on in their lives so this is how they get their kicks

I get mine on Route 66.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I get mine on Route 66.

I like mine pumped up.  Better run better run.

21 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I like mine pumped up.  Better run better run.

That's a disturbing song.  Are you planning to shoot up a school?  :unsure: 

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

That's a disturbing song.  Are you planning to shoot up a school?  :unsure: 

No Jerry I'm just making a joke.  Sorry to offend you.

I boycott Legos because all they make anymore is these prefab kits with directions to build.  Where is the creativity?  When I was in kindergarten we had the big box of Legos, and you had to come up with stuff to build.  Sure those square wheels didn't work that well, but it was creative dambit$#@!  :mad: 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

No Jerry I'm just making a joke.  Sorry to offend you.

I remember a time on the internet where it was about displaying wit and humor.  Now it seems about, for many, bristling with anger.  I welcome you to go on ahead and joke with me all you want.  Who knows, maybe humor can move society off its collision course with itself.

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I boycott Legos because all they make anymore is these prefab kits with directions to build.  Where is the creativity?  When I was in kindergarten we had the big box of Legos, and you had to come up with stuff to build.  Sure those square wheels didn't work that well, but it was creative dambit$#@!  :mad: 

Yup.  I had a mindstorms kit.  That's the only thing I've had of theirs since I was a kid.

4 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I remember a time on the internet where it was about displaying wit adn humor.  Now it seems about, for many< bristling with anger.  I welcome you to go on ahead and joke with me all you want.  Who knows, maybe humor can move society off its collision course with itself.

Same here, maybe we can help restore the balance of this bored.  With a little luck, by end of year we'll be making school bus fire jokes.

4 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

1) The RNC and Conservatives, having won the Roe v Wade issue; are now looking for a hot button issue to bilk people out of their money.

2) It's amazing that said people, continually allow themselves to be bilked.  

3 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

I wonder if they will run the calculation again with these recent data points.

They'd be dumb not to.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Pretty much.    Between this and having parts all over the house to step on and have pets ingest, I didn't bother with Legos the 2nd time around with our youngest.   

Creativity is definitely lacking in kids - everything comes with instructions and pics.    No wonder they struggle with problem solving and thinking on the fly.  

39 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Pretty much.    Between this and having parts all over the house to step on and have pets ingest, I didn't bother with Legos the 2nd time around with our youngest.   

Creativity is definitely lacking in kids - everything comes with instructions and pics.    No wonder they struggle with problem solving and thinking on the fly.  

We couldn't find the general box of Legos for my kids, but we did find Knex which are similar, actually a little more flexible which is good for younger kids.

FYI, you can still buy creator kits, to build whatever you want.

Also at the lego store, in the back they have a whole wall of bricks in any shape and color you want.  You can also buy stuff online.

My son was big into lego and after he had enough of the kits he started building stuff on his own.  He went on a kick where he was building scenes from movies and then selling them online.

16 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Rachel Dolezal

I can’t believe that woman still gets no vindication in this day and age.

13 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We couldn't find the general box of Legos for my kids, but we did find Knex which are similar, actually a little more flexible which is good for younger kids.

For my first, I ended up making one from the old models that he got for presents and didn't play with anymore.    I think I've seen the generic version of Legos in a general box, or like you said - things like K'nex and others have replaced them a little too.