Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
squistion

A Florida law blocking treatment for transgender children is thrown out by a federal judge

Recommended Posts

https://apnews.com/article/transgender-rights-children-florida-592b24b28e365ded336ca841f2ac90ac

A Florida law blocking treatment for transgender children is thrown out by a federal judge

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — A federal judge on Tuesday struck down a 2023 Florida law that blocked gender-affirming care for transgender minors and severely restricted such treatment for adults, calling the statute unconstitutional.

Senior Judge Robert Hinkle said the state went too far when it barred transgender minors from being prescribed puberty blockers and hormonal treatments with their parents’ permission. He also stopped the state from requiring that transgender adults only receive treatment from a doctor and not from a registered nurse or other qualified medical practitioner. And he barred a ban on online treatment for transgender adults.

Hinkle said transgender people are constitutionally entitled to the legitimate treatment they need and, quoting the late Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., compared those who oppose it to those who were once against equality for minorities and women.

“Some transgender opponents invoke religion to support their position, just as some once invoked religion to support their racism or misogyny,” Hinkle wrote in his 105-page decision. “Transgender opponents are of course free to hold their beliefs. But they are not free to discriminate against transgender individuals just for being transgender.

“In time, discrimination against transgender individuals will diminish, just as racism and misogyny have diminished,” he continued. “To paraphrase a civil-rights advocate from an earlier time, the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.”

Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis’ office blasted Hinkle’s ruling, issuing a statement calling it “erroneous,” and vowing to appeal. [...]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s sad, why do people want to destroy the lives of children today, satan has a strong hold upon this world, and people that call Jesus a liar support things like this, just like their father satan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, weepaws said:

That’s sad, why do people want to destroy the lives of children today, satan has a strong hold upon this world, and people that call Jesus a liar support things like this, just like their father satan. 

Speaking of Satan, how is your father?  have you seen him recently?  I know you'll be seeing him at some point, though.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that children with the consent of their parents should have the right to gender affirming care. However I’m not convinced it’s a Constitutional right. That seems like a stretch to me so I’m pretty skeptical about this decision. I could be convinced otherwise; frankly I would like to be, but at this point I’m not. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

I believe that children with the consent of their parents should have the right to gender affirming care. However I’m not convinced it’s a Constitutional right. That seems like a stretch to me so I’m pretty skeptical about this decision. I could be convinced otherwise; frankly I would like to be, but at this point I’m not. 

Wrong. Children should not be allowed to make those decisions. When they become adults that’s when they can screw themselves up.  

Children need the wisdom of their parents, should stay that way.  

Hey Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, squistion said:

transgender children

No such thing 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Wrong. Children should not be allowed to make those decisions. When they become adults that’s when they can screw themselves up.  

Children need the wisdom of their parents, should stay that way.  

Hey Thanks. 

You might want to read my post again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

I believe that children with the consent of their parents should have the right to gender affirming care. However I’m not convinced it’s a Constitutional right. That seems like a stretch to me so I’m pretty skeptical about this decision. I could be convinced otherwise; frankly I would like to be, but at this point I’m not. 

Can you list the various methods of gender affirming care? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You might want to read my post again 

Children shouldn’t be allowed to make those decisions.  Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe that the guy with Transgendered Kids hasn't responded yet. 🌈 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Another tranny thread!

They do seem to draw you in, don’t get so excited homie. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Another tranny thread!

Yes, but it is one positive thread among literally several dozen bashing LGBTQ and Trans folks. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I believe that children with the consent of their parents should have the right to gender affirming care. However I’m not convinced it’s a Constitutional right. That seems like a stretch to me so I’m pretty skeptical about this decision. I could be convinced otherwise; frankly I would like to be, but at this point I’m not. 

you are a sick fock

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, squistion said:

Yes, but it is one positive thread among literally several dozen bashing LGBTQ and Trans folks. 

Excited that kids can legally be mutilated are ya? Your kind would be the first to go.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What were the limitations on adults?  I can understand minors, but what happened to “let adults do what they want”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

Liberals love mutilating children. 

… but everybody hates Peefoam!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, squistion said:

Yes, but it is one positive thread among literally several dozen bashing LGBTQ and Trans folks. 

Positive support of child abuse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MDC said:

… but everybody hates Peefoam!

Speaking of tranny lovers...mdcack is the queen of the lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CaptainObvious1 said:

Positive support of child abuse

No. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I believe that children with the consent of their parents should have the right to gender affirming care. However I’m not convinced it’s a Constitutional right. That seems like a stretch to me so I’m pretty skeptical about this decision. I could be convinced otherwise; frankly I would like to be, but at this point I’m not. 

You also believe that it’s ok to murder a 9 month fetus right before it is born.  You’re a focking monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

You also believe that it’s ok to murder a 9 month fetus right before it is born.  You’re a focking monster.

That dude will burn in hell if there is eternal justice to be had. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, the rest of the developed world has already turned away from this nonsensical mutilation of children....but here we are.....doing it anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Meanwhile, the rest of the developed world has already turned away from this nonsensical mutilation of children....but here we are.....doing it anyway

No, it hasn't, but carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RLLD said:

First off I think you should differentiate between hormone treatments and surgery. Your use of the word “mutilation” pejorative at best, might theoretically apply to surgery but in no way applies to hormone treatment which is the vast majority of gender affirming treatment. 
 

Second, this is an issue that should be left up to these kids, their parents and doctors. Government should stay out of it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

First off I think you should differentiate between hormone treatments and surgery. Your use of the word “mutilation” pejorative at best, might theoretically apply to surgery but in no way applies to hormone treatment which is the vast majority of gender affirming treatment. 
 

Second, this is an issue that should be left up to these kids, their parents and doctors. Government should stay out of it. 

Fair enough :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please explain to me how this is political? How do the libs want to die on this hill? :wall: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, edjr said:

Please explain to me how this is political? How do the libs want to die on this hill? :wall: 

It’s political because conservatives are obsessed with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It’s political because conservatives are obsessed with it. 

and Libs support it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It’s political because conservatives are obsessed with it. 

It's political because Democrats latched on to this as a tool for securing power, and people rightly objected to it because of how sinister it is.  Objecting is not obsession. It might be convenient to paint those who oppose what you think in that way so as to silence them, but in practice we should avoid such things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It's political because Democrats latched on to this as a tool for securing power, and people rightly objected to it because of how sinister it is.  Objecting is not obsession. It might be convenient to paint those who oppose what you think in that way so as to silence them, but in practice we should avoid such things

The objective was never to secure power, Democrats "latched" on this because it was the right thing to do, just like they "latched" on rights for gays and lesbians in the 60's and 70s for similar reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, squistion said:

The objective was never to secure power, Democrats "latched" on this because it was the right thing to do, just like they "latched" on rights for gays and lesbians in the 60's and 70s for similar reasons.

We can agree to disagree on their motivations.  If Republicans were doing it, it would still be a grab for power though....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×