Sign in to follow this  
squistion

A Florida law blocking treatment for transgender children is thrown out by a federal judge

https://apnews.com/article/transgender-rights-children-florida-592b24b28e365ded336ca841f2ac90ac

A Florida law blocking treatment for transgender children is thrown out by a federal judge

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — A federal judge on Tuesday struck down a 2023 Florida law that blocked gender-affirming care for transgender minors and severely restricted such treatment for adults, calling the statute unconstitutional.

Senior Judge Robert Hinkle said the state went too far when it barred transgender minors from being prescribed puberty blockers and hormonal treatments with their parents’ permission. He also stopped the state from requiring that transgender adults only receive treatment from a doctor and not from a registered nurse or other qualified medical practitioner. And he barred a ban on online treatment for transgender adults.

Hinkle said transgender people are constitutionally entitled to the legitimate treatment they need and, quoting the late Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., compared those who oppose it to those who were once against equality for minorities and women.

“Some transgender opponents invoke religion to support their position, just as some once invoked religion to support their racism or misogyny,” Hinkle wrote in his 105-page decision. “Transgender opponents are of course free to hold their beliefs. But they are not free to discriminate against transgender individuals just for being transgender.

“In time, discrimination against transgender individuals will diminish, just as racism and misogyny have diminished,” he continued. “To paraphrase a civil-rights advocate from an earlier time, the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.”

Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis’ office blasted Hinkle’s ruling, issuing a statement calling it “erroneous,” and vowing to appeal. [...]

That’s sad, why do people want to destroy the lives of children today, satan has a strong hold upon this world, and people that call Jesus a liar support things like this, just like their father satan. 

Just now, weepaws said:

That’s sad, why do people want to destroy the lives of children today, satan has a strong hold upon this world, and people that call Jesus a liar support things like this, just like their father satan. 

Speaking of Satan, how is your father?  have you seen him recently?  I know you'll be seeing him at some point, though.  :lol:

I believe that children with the consent of their parents should have the right to gender affirming care. However I’m not convinced it’s a Constitutional right. That seems like a stretch to me so I’m pretty skeptical about this decision. I could be convinced otherwise; frankly I would like to be, but at this point I’m not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

I believe that children with the consent of their parents should have the right to gender affirming care. However I’m not convinced it’s a Constitutional right. That seems like a stretch to me so I’m pretty skeptical about this decision. I could be convinced otherwise; frankly I would like to be, but at this point I’m not. 

Wrong. Children should not be allowed to make those decisions. When they become adults that’s when they can screw themselves up.  

Children need the wisdom of their parents, should stay that way.  

Hey Thanks. 

2 hours ago, squistion said:

transgender children

No such thing 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Wrong. Children should not be allowed to make those decisions. When they become adults that’s when they can screw themselves up.  

Children need the wisdom of their parents, should stay that way.  

Hey Thanks. 

You might want to read my post again 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Can you list the various methods of gender affirming care? 

21 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You might want to read my post again 

Children shouldn’t be allowed to make those decisions.  Thanks. 

I can't believe that the guy with Transgendered Kids hasn't responded yet. 🌈 

30 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Another tranny thread!

They do seem to draw you in, don’t get so excited homie. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Another tranny thread!

Yes, but it is one positive thread among literally several dozen bashing LGBTQ and Trans folks. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

you are a sick fock

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, squistion said:

Yes, but it is one positive thread among literally several dozen bashing LGBTQ and Trans folks. 

Excited that kids can legally be mutilated are ya? Your kind would be the first to go.  

• Like 1

What were the limitations on adults?  I can understand minors, but what happened to “let adults do what they want”?

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

Liberals love mutilating children. 

… but everybody hates Peefoam!

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Positive support of child abuse

1 minute ago, MDC said:

… but everybody hates Peefoam!

Speaking of tranny lovers...mdcack is the queen of the lot. 

22 minutes ago, CaptainObvious1 said:

Positive support of child abuse

No. :lol:

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

You also believe that it’s ok to murder a 9 month fetus right before it is born.  You’re a focking monster.

3 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

You also believe that it’s ok to murder a 9 month fetus right before it is born.  You’re a focking monster.

That dude will burn in hell if there is eternal justice to be had. 

• Like 1

Meanwhile, the rest of the developed world has already turned away from this nonsensical mutilation of children....but here we are.....doing it anyway

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Meanwhile, the rest of the developed world has already turned away from this nonsensical mutilation of children....but here we are.....doing it anyway

No, it hasn't, but carry on.

36 minutes ago, RLLD said:

First off I think you should differentiate between hormone treatments and surgery. Your use of the word “mutilation” pejorative at best, might theoretically apply to surgery but in no way applies to hormone treatment which is the vast majority of gender affirming treatment. 

Second, this is an issue that should be left up to these kids, their parents and doctors. Government should stay out of it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

First off I think you should differentiate between hormone treatments and surgery. Your use of the word “mutilation” pejorative at best, might theoretically apply to surgery but in no way applies to hormone treatment which is the vast majority of gender affirming treatment. 

Second, this is an issue that should be left up to these kids, their parents and doctors. Government should stay out of it. 

Fair enough :thumbsup:

Please explain to me how this is political? How do the libs want to die on this hill? :wall: 

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Please explain to me how this is political? How do the libs want to die on this hill? :wall: 

It’s political because conservatives are obsessed with it. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

and Libs support it?

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It's political because Democrats latched on to this as a tool for securing power, and people rightly objected to it because of how sinister it is.  Objecting is not obsession. It might be convenient to paint those who oppose what you think in that way so as to silence them, but in practice we should avoid such things

27 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It's political because Democrats latched on to this as a tool for securing power, and people rightly objected to it because of how sinister it is.  Objecting is not obsession. It might be convenient to paint those who oppose what you think in that way so as to silence them, but in practice we should avoid such things

The objective was never to secure power, Democrats "latched" on this because it was the right thing to do, just like they "latched" on rights for gays and lesbians in the 60's and 70s for similar reasons.

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

The objective was never to secure power, Democrats "latched" on this because it was the right thing to do, just like they "latched" on rights for gays and lesbians in the 60's and 70s for similar reasons.

We can agree to disagree on their motivations.  If Republicans were doing it, it would still be a grab for power though....