Sign in to follow this  
DrJ

Trade - Ugly Stick and Bigtuna

Ugly Stick gets - Horsemen's #1 pick in 05, Moe Williams

Bigtuna gets - Reuben Droughns, Uncle John's Band's #1 in 05.

Wow, this trade could go either way.

Droughn is looking for real. Could it just be for one year though? He was a 3rd round pick though, who slid because of a broken leg and missed his Rookie year b/c of a should injury. He was a RB coming out of college.

It also depends on where the draft pick of Uncle Johns Band and Horsemen ends up. Very interesting.

Obviously i like the trade for me, becausse in the past week i have replaced Dillon with Droughns and added a #1 with it.

But this serves two purpose's for Stick.

1. Horseman's #1 is looking real good with Dom Davis falling apart

2. By dealing away Droughns he is ensuring his own pick will end up in the top 3. (Droughns was blowing that)

Now i line up:

Brady

Ruben Droughns

Chris Brown

Lee Suggs/Will Green

Larry Fitz

Roy Williams

Lav Coles

as my regular players and i have two #1 picks in the draft.

Right now they would be #1 overall and like #8

I agree, this was a bit of a risky deal. But my thinking is somewhat along the lines of what Tuna is thinking right now.

First off, I'm not ready to buy into Droughns as the Dynasty answer. Sure, you can say he looks like he's "real". So did Olandis Gary. Mike Anderson won friggin ROY. Where are they now? If he had that much talent, it wouldn't have taken Shanny that long to notice and all he's done thusfar is tear up two pitiful D's. Not saying it's not possible that he is real, because it is, but we've seen an awful lot of "real" RB's dry up in Denver.

And like Tuna says, this does a number of things for me.

1) Droughns was going to ruin my draft pick and I didn't feel he was a long term answer. Getting rid of him helps.

2) Horsemen's team is not looking happy and that pick could seriously be the #1 pick. Bennett's already been down twice this year and both RB's have looked spectacular in his abscence. He's been injured 4 times now in the past 2 seasons, has 1 20+ carry game under his belt the past 2 seasons, and isn't a good receiving back. This has RBBC written all over it. Who knows, Bennett may not even keep his job. DD hasn't exactly done a lot since that first game either and is under 3 YPC now on the season. His #1 WR is a TE, things have just gone wrong for him this season. His team is significantly worse than UJB's. Even if Horsemen's ends up being 2 or 3 and UJB's 5 or 6, try trading up from the 5 or 6 to 2 or 3 sometime and see what it costs you. Would have been nice if my team had layed down and lost to UJB, but thanks to Droughns (and Mewelde) that didn't happen. :(

Strategically, Tuna's team was by far the #1 choice for where I wanted to deal Droughns due to being in that division and because of his current record. If this backfires, worst case I cost myself a really good waiver claim. Anyone that is familiar with my work in XDL knows that there will be plenty more. Best case, I just traded him another RB in Shanny's turnstile, and ended up with the 1 and 2 picks for it (Mine and Horsemen's) and killed Belly's playoff hopes and Paydirt's seeding or maybe even playoff hopes.

Well, some good fortune for Horsemen appears to be screwing this deal up for me. It was all set to be the 1 or 2 pick and then he goes and beats Wahoos and Rizzo's? WTF. :lol:

Nick Goings, you suck! Panthers Defense, I don't think much of you either!

This was a solid gamble at the time, and I would have been very happy as long as I got one of the top 3 picks out of it, but it looks like that might not happen and it might go down as one of the three trades I regret making. (The AJ deal and getting Koren back being the two others).

At least it didn't cost me anything since Reuben was a waiver claim and it should improve my draft stock ever so slightly still.

Lesson learned - there's too much friggin luck involved in FF to make a deal like this. I guess being unhappy with 3 out of the 26 deals I made isn't too shabby of a ratio though.

looks like i will be adding Cedric Benson and Braylon Edwards to the Tuna team!

My RB depth is silly. I might have 5 or 6 starting RB's for next year (Chris Brown, Droughns, Juluis Jones, Lee Suggs, Brian Westbrook and Cedric Benson)

I am having a huge week again this week, and again i am facing a guy who is gonna put up over 90 points.

Although, as it stands Horsemen is still in the 3 spot. It's even possible for UJB to make the playoffs and Horsemen to still get the 1 if things fall just right.

I guess it's not over, but these last 2 weeks were sure bummers. Horsemen taking back to back games where he was a heavy dog wasn't in the plans. 2 losses would have him in the 1.01 spot right now with Tuna's win. :lol: Not over, but sure bumming.

:blink:

I guess you can't win em all. But I sure hate it when I don't, haha.

looks like i will be adding Cedric Benson and Braylon Edwards to the Tuna team!

My RB depth is silly. I might have 5 or 6 starting RB's for next year (Chris Brown, Droughns, Juluis Jones, Lee Suggs, Brian Westbrook and Cedric Benson)

I am having a huge week again this week, and again i am facing a guy who is gonna put up over 90 points.

Saying you have 5 or 6 starters with that group may be a bit off, imo. I think the only rock solid player in that group is Brown, and with his injury issues this year that isn't very rock solid by my standards. RBBC is possible for the other 4 running backs and Benson will be a rookie so who even knows what team will land him. Sure you "could" have 5 or 6 starters. But....you also "could" have 1 or 2 starters. Just very up in the air with many of those situations. Time will tell.

Absolutely ridiculous. I was pretty pleased with this 3 weeks ago, Horsemen is 2-7 and sucking and UJB is 4-5 and holding his own. 4 weeks remaining, Horsemen has Wahoos and Rizzos coming up, things look great.

And then....it just completely blew up. Lady luck, kiss my ass.

I guess you win some, you lose some. But the way this one completely turned to ass in 3 weeks is just completely frustrating.

You gave away a top 10 running back for nothing. Ouch

correction, I gave Droughns away for less than nothing! :banana:

Absolutely ridiculous. I was pretty pleased with this 3 weeks ago, Horsemen is 2-7 and sucking and UJB is 4-5 and holding his own. 4 weeks remaining, Horsemen has Wahoos and Rizzos coming up, things look great.

And then....it just completely blew up. Lady luck, kiss my ass.

I guess you win some, you lose some. But the way this one completely turned to ass in 3 weeks is just completely frustrating.

:thumbsup: Dr.J, who would of thunk it that I even sniff close to a .500 team. Although, I still would of liked my pick back even if it is 4th or 5th overall. :pointstosky:

Absolutely ridiculous.   I was pretty pleased with this 3 weeks ago, Horsemen is 2-7 and sucking and UJB is 4-5 and holding his own.   4 weeks remaining, Horsemen has Wahoos and Rizzos coming up, things look great.  

And then....it just completely blew up.   Lady luck, kiss my ass.   

I guess you win some, you lose some.   But the way this one completely turned to ass in 3 weeks is just completely frustrating.

:wall: Dr.J, who would of thunk it that I even sniff close to a .500 team. Although, I still would of liked my pick back even if it is 4th or 5th overall. :thumbsup:

Not too many people....I was offered trades where people were "looking for a top 3 pick" for the thing a couple of weeks after I traded for it. Hell, even after that 3 game win streak where you were averaging like 100 PPG, you still ended up being the lowest scoring team in the league this season. BLAH!!!!

And now Larry Johnson starts doing good. I turned down LJ and Michael Jenkins for this retarded trade. :thumbsup:

And of course, friggin O Smith scores this week, Clinton Portis starts doing well again. Like focking clockwork. This trade was just meant to backfire I guess.

One of the top 3 bad luck streaks in my FF career on this one...

Oh well, not the end of the world. At least that's what I keep telling myself.