Sign in to follow this  
bigtuna

Dr J

Hey if you stuck with your opening day roster you would have a pretty tough team:

QB D McNabb

RB M Pittman

K Jones

WR Stokely

Lelei

lloyd

Bears D

Lawrence Tynes

Stokley actually wasn't on my opening day, he was a waiver claim. In fact, I claimed him, cut him in week 3 or 4, no one else picked him up, and I was able to claim him again the following week after his 1st 2 TD performance! Overall, that team is pretty average and not doing much this season anyways though. Pittman and Stokley definitely aren't long term answers and I consider that a pretty patchwork team. Seriously, look back and see how many more I would have won over these last 4 with Pittman and Lelie. 0. In fact, I would have lost the game to UJB with Lelie rather than KRob, so -1. I've also added 2 #1's during the course of the season, so I'm not too terribly displeased.

I do have to say I've only been about 50/50 on my in season trades though. But I have gained a bit long term, unless lady luck continues to smack me down on the Droughns deal and I don't get the 3 or better, in which case I'll break even. Pre season I kicked some ass though and I'm confident that with all of these picks I'll have a tough team next year and beyond that isn't as patched together as that. Like you said in the other thread, you can't win em all, but I've definitely taken steps forward.