Sign in to follow this  
Tarheel Boy

Since there's questions about FA pickups today

besides Smitty having first pick of them, here's my solution. Either vote on an order you think it should be or let it be FCFS after Smitty. That's the way FA signing will be for the year and I thought everyone knew that we decided that teams that had players injured during the summer would get first crack on FA's. Anyhow, if you don't want FCFS here's my vote for the order:

1. Smitty

2. Canio

3. TR

4. t.j

If you differ (which I'm sure some will) then put up an order and we'll start the FA signings on Wednesday.

Originally posted by The Unknown Soldier:

I think it should be FCFS regardless of injury, but if we want to allow Smitty to go first followed by FCFS, I have no problem with that.

agreed.

All the free agents suck complete and total ass right now anyway so who gives a flying piece of dog sh¡t who gets first crack at them. The answer is not me!! :rolleyes:

Everyone vote from the following:

A. 1.Smitty, 2.Canio, 3.TR, 4.t.j, then First Come First Serve

B. Smitty gets first choice, then First Come First Serve

C. First Come First Serve, no exceptions

D. None of the above (suggest your own)

This might not be the most direct route to a decision but at least it will be clear what everyone wants. I suggest this because it sounds like TUS and Canio6 want option A or B but are not okay with option C... but it isn't very clear if they are okay with C or not. Please list any options you are okay with and if you have a favorite among them make that clear also.

My choice-- B then A then C

Tarheel A then B

TUS-- C then B

Canio6-- B then C

Tusekan Raiders-- A then B

Ditkanate-- aye si skoolz awt!

RK-- C then B?

kariya9-- C

stick--

bigbadbuff--

Smitty-- A

Jasperis :mad:Angry-- A then B

hoffdaddy-- A

ulick-- B

Scooby-- B

BroncosFan--

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: t.j ]

B then C. I think Smitty should get to replace his lost 1st rounder first, but like Ditka said whotf is left?

I go with B...At least SMitty would have first crack at Allen if he wanted him then.

Thanks guys, can't wait to get friggin Terry Allen! :rolleyes:

I vote for option A

A then B

It looks like it's split down the middle. Hopefully the rest will vote tonight.

I think that this is too complicated.

So what do I do if I want to pick someone up?

Originally posted by RK:

I think that this is too complicated.

So what do I do if I want to pick someone up?

I agree. This is why I wanted Smitty to have first crack and then a free-for-all. I think having a set order beyond 1 person is a little much...

Originally posted by The Unknown Soldier:

. . . Smitty to have first crack and then a free-for-all.  ...

This is what I think should happen.

Why don't we just go opposite of draft order for the first round? I mean, if I lose a starting running back in week 5, do I automatically get first crack at a FA? If not, then I don't think Smitty should automatically get first crack now. I understand what you're trying to do, and it's a good idea, but it doesn't seem all too fair.

Originally posted by hoffdaddy:

I understand what you're trying to do, and it's a good idea, but it doesn't seem all too fair.

I had the same concern, but what I didn't understand is it is just for this first FA pick up. In the thread before this one, TBoy clarified this for me:

The only time a FA is to be determined is with this first wave of FA pickups. After that it's on a first come first served basis.

Originally posted by Tusekan Raiders:

I had the same concern, but what I didn't understand is it is just for this first FA pick up.  In the thread before this one, TBoy clarified this for me:

The only time a FA is to be determined is with this first wave of FA pickups. After that it's on a first come first served basis.

Got it, and I can live with that.

Just to be clear, the justification for giving Smitty or whoever compensation for injury at this time and only at this time is that really we shouldn't be doing a fantasy football draft in June. Had we done the draft this week we all would have known about the injury and there's no way he would have picked Jamal Lewis at all, let alone in the first round. If an injury occurs during the middle of the season, it's different, it's irrelevant that you would like to go back in time and make that change because the injury didn't happen until after the season started and of course you have to draft BEFORE the season starts.

I think everyone understands this but I just wanted to throw that out there.