A South Bend 11 yr old kid shot his state trooper dad in the ass because he took his video games away.  The 16 yr old son of my wife's coworker stays up all night, literally hiding in his closet playing video games, then sleeps in class, doesn't shower, and is flunking out Another kid in the area recently got his driver's license, and received a Jeep Cherokee from his parents.  He has 0 interest in driving it or going anywhere.  He wants to play video games and vape instead.  His vape supplier was another HS kid whose mom bought the vape supplies for him to re sell.  Rumor is he was really raking it in before they were busted recently. My son's 9 year old classmate plays fortnight til 1-2 am every night and has missed so many days of school that the parents were issued a truancy letter.  He crams his skull with junk food all the while and has ballooned to over 150 lbs.  He's about 4 ft. nothing.   Kids are p!ssing and sh!tting themselves because they can't put the controller down long enough to go to the john. We took away all online gaming and ipads from our kids a few months ago. They have an Xbox with some games and we allow them to use their chrome books for educational games.  But fortnight is gone and they can only play Xbox on weekends.  They have to earn that free time by reading or studying a subject they want to master or by practicing a sport of their choosing. Now they play outside, play with the dog, rassle each other, shoot hoops, play catch, go sledding and ride skateboards instead.   I'm sure many of you clowns were game addicted introverts who failed gym and sucked on an inhaler all day long so you don't see the problem.  But this sh!t has gotten outta control.   Interesting podcast on the subject of the boy crisis