I usually only go to Whole Foods for steaks or seafood as there are no other shops in my area that equal their quality or selection in these areas. Up until Amazon bought them out, I was always pleased with the product and the service from the employees.  The employees were about 80% white. After Amazon, the store I go to swapped out all the employees from behind these two counters to black employees. Not sure if that is just coincidence or if there was some other factor going into the change. In fact, almost all those I saw in the store were black after Amazon took over. Didn't matter much to me except for one thing. The service went to hell. The employees behind the counter were more interested in laughing and joking with their coworkers than helping the customers. An hour before close they would be more preoccupied getting ready for close than helping customers. They were not polite, and didn't even pretend to give a shlt about being professional.  But, about two months ago, it changed again completely behind these two counters. They are mostly all white again. And guess what? The service is really good again.