Sign in to follow this  
Apu

Best strategy for 14-team draft?

We just switched from a 12-team league to a 14-team league.

Standard performance scoring -- passing TDs 7, rush/rec TD 10, 1pt per 30 yd passing/10yd rush/rec -- with bonuses for 30+ yd TDs/100 yard games (WRs, RBs, TEs) and 300 yd games (QBs).

Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex (RB/WR/TE), TE, K, D

PPR.

I drew the #8 pick in our draft position lottery -- we first have a lottery to choose our own draft slots, #1 can stay at #1 or take any other slot; #2 then stays or chooses a new one, and on down the line; top 7 guys have stayed put, but I might move from #8 down to #10 or #11 as I think I'd get almost the same quality RB at #10 (Lamont/Cadillac/Rudi) as I would at #8 (SJax/Ronnie).

Anyway, my question is, what would be your strategy picking from the #10 slot in a 14-team league? Would you go best avail RBs regardless or grab the best RB at #10 and then the best WR to ensure I at least get a top 5 WR (which I likely would picking earlier in 2nd round)? Or do I pull the trigger on Peyton in round 1 -- QB position killed me last year, and Peyton does get those long TD/300 yd game bonuses in this league -- and thhen best avail RB round 2, best WR round 3?

Any help is appreciated. Leave a link and I'll help you ASAP.

Any time you are in a 14 team league RB (Non-RBBC, and ones that get Goal Line touches) are like gold. The drop off from Peyton to every other QB is steep, but remember that there are 32 starting QB in the league, and only 14 teams in yours. But there are only about 10-12 solid fantasy RB (non-RBBC and GL touches). I don't think that you can pass up the opportunity to get your hands on one of these backs. Grab a RB and hope that your 2nd round pick will get you a stud WR and you are on your way.

i'd go RB WR RB or RB RB WR to start with...but the rest of it just depends on how the other managers draft...for me, kickers dont' come til the last 2 rounds...defense ealiest is 9th

We just switched from a 12-team league to a 14-team league.

Standard performance scoring -- passing TDs 7, rush/rec TD 10, 1pt per 30 yd passing/10yd rush/rec -- with bonuses for 30+ yd TDs/100 yard games (WRs, RBs, TEs) and 300 yd games (QBs).

Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex (RB/WR/TE), TE, K, D

PPR.

I drew the #8 pick in our draft position lottery -- we first have a lottery to choose our own draft slots, #1 can stay at #1 or take any other slot; #2 then stays or chooses a new one, and on down the line; top 7 guys have stayed put, but I might move from #8 down to #10 or #11 as I think I'd get almost the same quality RB at #10 (Lamont/Cadillac/Rudi) as I would at #8 (SJax/Ronnie).

Anyway, my question is, what would be your strategy picking from the #10 slot in a 14-team league? Would you go best avail RBs regardless or grab the best RB at #10 and then the best WR to ensure I at least get a top 5 WR (which I likely would picking earlier in 2nd round)? Or do I pull the trigger on Peyton in round 1 -- QB position killed me last year, and Peyton does get those long TD/300 yd game bonuses in this league -- and thhen best avail RB round 2, best WR round 3?

Any help is appreciated. Leave a link and I'll help you ASAP.

Not sure Ronnie and SJax will be there at 8...unless you think Edge goes before them. Something like

1) LJ

2) SA

3) LT

4) Portis

5) Tiki

6) SJax

7) RBrown..

<_<

In a 14 team league you MUST go after RBs first....you can never have too many. If you think you ended up with too many trade one.

while it's tempting to switch to #10 for a better 2nd rounder, i think i'll stay put at #8 and hope that sjax, edge, ronnie drops. our league gives nice points for passing,so peyton ight even go early, freeing up a better rb for me at #8. and i'll have an earlier 3rd rounder if i stick at #8, and this is where the talent starts to thin out a bit in a 14-team draft, i think. so, i'd rather get a slightly better RB1, then decide b/t WR1 and RB2 in round 2, and then grab either one in round 3.

thanks for the input. anyone else? will answer yours.

At the #10 (or#8) in a big league, I would tend to go RB-RB. Your pick in the third round is just so darn late that there may only be scraps left for RBs. WR sleepers/surprises tend to be easier to find.

*Please Help*

I agree, RB/RB/WR may be the best way to go but kinda depends on who is available. IF a big time WR drops you may consider him if all the top tier RB's are gone by the time you get your pick in round 2.

I am in a similar situation except i have 2nd pick overall in a 16 team league! solidifying your RB situation is key in large leagues. This year is deep with WR's and it's starting to become deep w/ TE's, but the RB position is thin this year, we are having to rely on non-proven fantasy producers as 1st rounders.