Sign in to follow this  
Boot

Help me make my first pick. Pick #4

My league is going to a keeper league beginning this season, so this draft is important for me. I drew pick #4, which sucks in a way because I know who I would choose 1-3, but 4 and beyond is more difficult. I assume Johnson, Alexander, and Thomlinson will go 1-3. At #4, my first thought is Tiki Barber, but how many goal line carries will he lose, and how many years of greatness does he have left? Steven Jackson is tempting as is Ronnie Brown. Grogan's rates Cadillac Williams at #5, just behind Tiki Barber, but most other places rate him at 10 or 11. Ugh! I don't know what to do. I need some opinions.

Would you take Tiki? Brown? Jackson? Williams?

Maybe Lamont Jordan or Rudi Johnson? Or maybe someone else entirely?

League scores 1 pt. per 10 yds rushing and 1 pt per 10 yards receiving. 6 pts per TD.

Initial draft in a keeper league (keep seven). Trading draft picks is not an option.

Thanks for the help! Post links and I'll gladly give opinions on your questionas also.

OK here's the deal. These numbers are from CBS Sportline, but should help. And just for the record I have SJax and am probably keeping him over Edge, however, my pick is 8. *numbers in () are average draft position

• Peyton Manning (2.15) hasn't been drafted lower than 5 and has been as high as 1.
  • After Johnson (2.12), Alexander (3.72), Manning (2.15), and Tomlinson (4.27) the site shows Tom Brady (6.09) to be the next most popular going has high as 3 and as low as 11.
  • The next highest ranked RB is Clinton Portis (8.47), going as high as 4 and as low as 14.

But really, regardless of what the site says, I think it's kind of obvious that you gotta get Manning if he is available at 4. :dunno:

Please help me! :wacko:

In a keeper, esp. a first year, I would not draft Tiki, he is 'old' and coould be done in a year or two. I would build around a young RB stud like Brown or Jackson.

I'd take Caddy of that group. I like Brown, but I like what Gruden can do for fantasy value of rb's. Caddy has all the skills we like. He catches well, breaks long runs.....he should be able to get close to 2000 all purpose yards.

GL