Sign in to follow this  
Marshall

Some key offseason NFL dates

Bob Condotta has compiled a fairly comprehensive list of league offseason dates and deadlines. Seahawks' moves and actions are (naturally) emphasized, but the article contains a wealth of generally applicable information, as well. Also, links.

Beginning with today

Feb. 11 — The Seahawks will host one of five regional combines that will be held around the league between this date and March 11. The regional combines are for draft-eligible players who are NOT invited to the NFL Combine that will be held a few weeks later. Still, players from these combines often end up on rosters — the NFL notes that 76 former regional combine members were on rosters at one point this season.

...and including (my bold added)

March 26-29 — The annual NFL league meeting in Phoenix when items such as potential rules changes are often debated, if not necessarily voted on. Also, all coaches are required to speak to the media for an hour, so this often serves as a rare time to hear in-depth during the off-season from Seahawks coach Pete Carroll.

If I knew about that requirement before, I had forgotten it. : )

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/whats-next-for-seahawks-here-are-some-key-off-season-dates-to-remember/