Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

What to do in this scoring system?

3rd year in this league, and every year the commish tweeks the scoring system a little bit. This year he made some pretty drastic changes and somehow came back with this:

QB is pretty standard: 1pt/20 yards passing. TD pass = 4pts. 2pts per 20 yards rushing. :cry: 2pt bonus for 300 yards passing.

RB: 1pt/20 yards rushing. (yes, different than what QBs get) 1pt per 20 yards receiving. TD=6pts 2pt bonus for 100 yards rushing or receiving.

WR&TE: Same as RBs.

Kicker and defense is standard stuff.

Obviously the scoring system greatly favors QB. If you figure an average game for a QB is 240 yards and a TD pass, that's 16 points, assuming no rushing yardage. To get that at RB or WR, you'd need 160 yards rushing/receiving and a TD!

I'm drafting 10th out of 10 teams. Obviously Manning will be long gone by the time it gets to me. How soon do I reach for a QB? Do I take Brady or Palmer right away, or is there not enough difference between the rest of the QBs that I can wait until the middle rounds and take RBs instead?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, and I will help in return. Thanks!

My, that scoring system certainly does favor the QB's.

But drafting 10th... since most of the QB studs will be gone by them, you have a great opportunity to grab two solid RB's with your first two picks. I'd do that then grab a QB in the later rounds.