Sign in to follow this  
Grateful Parrot

Game show!

Ok. Even though I'm very fond of my team, I've been drug over the coals for some of the picks. :D I agree on paper right now, some things might not look good, but I think my risk/reward is gonna pay off and shut your banstanding, choir singing, self imposed experts mouths shut. :mad: With that being said...you guys get to pick my next pick. I was targeting another kicker or def to cover bye weeks, and to insure if my first position picks were bad, I'd cover myself.

Of course I have something targeted to pick before my 12 hours are up so Clash won't bash me anymore. :D

Just what part of not mentioning players that haven't been drafted yet have you not figured out by now??

How about if you just make your pick in a timely manner and not take a full twelve hours. Seriously, you've held this draft up enough.

I nominate Michael Bennet's or Quintin Griffin's backup :cheers:

Are you giving up already? I'm pumped about the great value pick I'm going to receive for the final pick of the draft. He will score 4 td's this year I guarantee it. BTW that is the same as FWP td total from last year! And to think I'll get him with the final pick!

How about if you just make your pick in a timely manner and not take a full twelve hours. Seriously, you've held this draft up enough.

Kiss my A$$ bonerhead. I apologized about going on vacation and not having internet right away at Disney, but since, my picks have been made in less than an hour. So you take your little focking ###### a$$ and direct it as someone else who has constantly been late throughout the draft. Man, I was having fun with this up until this point...mutha focka :shocking: ;)

Oh..and it's not even my focking pick...still waiting on steel city you idiot.

Parrot-

hate to break the bad news to you bro, but it is your pick. Steel City jumped over Ace because the 12 hour limit had expired, which is what is about to happen here. I know, you must have seen Ace's pick posted last.....what you didnt see was Steel's official pick right before that. I truly wish Id allow myself to make that one last pick for you. Id do it for 'old time's sake' :shocking: , but Im gonna go ahead and let you finish strong so that we dont risk ruffliing any more feathers for me filling in. But the bottom line here is that your time limit has expired, so Im going to invite YIP SKIP-to ma lou to make his 19th round pick if he's ready. He wont make his 20th pick. But get on here and get the job done my young friend.

Yippie Skippy.....youre on the clock for your 19th pick. Lets give Grateful some time to regroup. Youve had a solid draft to this point, Yip. Finish up like a winner and hit a homerun!

Parrot-

hate to break the bad news to you bro, but it is your pick. Steel City jumped over Ace because the 12 hour limit had expired, which is what is about to happen here. I know, you must have seen Ace's pick posted last.....what you didnt see was Steel's official pick right before that. I truly wish Id allow myself to make that one last pick for you. Id do it for 'old time's sake' :blink: , but Im gonna go ahead and let you finish strong so that we dont risk ruffliing any more feathers for me filling in. But the bottom line here is that your time limit has expired, so Im going to invite YIP SKIP-to ma lou to make his 19th round pick if he's ready. He wont make his 20th pick. But get on here and get the job done my young friend.

Yippie Skippy.....youre on the clock for your 19th pick. Lets give Grateful some time to regroup. Youve had a solid draft to this point, Yip. Finish up like a winner and hit a homerun!

And this is why drinking ex-athletes shouldn't post before reading/research first. I apologize for my outburst, even though if you lived around here, I would have came to your house and kicked you a$$, but as Solo the Great has stated, I am wrong!!!! :blink: . I bow down to the more adult to me...damn it all.

Oh well, I'll still kick your a$$ in FFT

I would have came to your house and kicked you a$$

Just for clarification, would the azz kicking have happened if the wife and kids were around?

And this is why drinking ex-athletes shouldn't post before reading/research first. I apologize for my outburst, even though if you lived around here, I would have came to your house and kicked you a$$, but as Solo the Great has stated, I am wrong!!!! :D . I bow down to the more adult to me...damn it all.

Oh well, I'll still kick your a$$ in FFT

For the record, nobody has EVER kicked my ass. I'm not saying that a drunken Disney dad won't be the first, but I'm just sayin'. Parakeet, my image of you with your mickey mouse ears on is not exactly someone I'll fear.

And neither is your roster.

I look forward to our matchup.

For the record, nobody has EVER kicked my ass.

<_< It happens. It's going to happen this season in this league.

Not that you won't compete.

:blink: It happens. It's going to happen this season in this league.

Not that you won't compete.

I meant that my ass has never been kicked in real life and that I doubted Parrot was the one to do it... even if he lived nearby.

My ff ass has been kicked enough times over the years to leave life long bruises. I can still sit down, butt it is painful.

I meant that my ass has never been kicked in real life and that I doubted Parrot was the one to do it... even if he lived nearby.

Here's where you wrong young man, but alas, I lost my cool, but I could promise if it was in real life, you would have gotten you first ass kicking. But you know what they say about arguing on the internet....

So you keep telling yourself "I'm the man"

Here's where you wrong young man, but alas, I lost my cool, but I could promise if it was in real life, you would have gotten you first ass kicking.

I was thinking with a name like Grateful Parrot that you were a Dead fan and were a peaceful sort of dude...

I was thinking with a name like Grateful Parrot that you were a Dead fan and were a peaceful sort of dude...

Your right...now you found my internal strife. Because of my Berkeley background very peacefull, because of football/sports, I never back down from a challange. It's cut throat with a smile brother. :banana:

Your right...now you found my internal strife. Because of my Berkeley background very peacefull, because of football/sports, I never back down from a challange. It's cut throat with a smile brother. :huh:

im very much the same way...just saw phil lesh a week ago..

Your right...now you found my internal strife. Because of my Berkeley background very peacefull, because of football/sports, I never back down from a challange. It's cut throat with a smile brother. :huh:

LMAO Parrot. It is more likely that we have already met and danced at a Dead show together than we will ever meet to fight. Shoreline, Red Rocks, Eugene. Somewhere our paths may have crossed. I threw some elbows and stepped on some toes dancing, but apologized with a smile at least when the music was loud.

My football friends couldn't believe I was into the Grateful Dead, and my Dead friends were shocked to know that I was into football.

Somewhere Jerry is doing this B)

Thank you Jerry

LMAO Parrot. It is more likely that we have already met and danced at a Dead show together than we will ever meet to fight. Shoreline, Red Rocks, Eugene. Somewhere our paths may have crossed. I threw some elbows and stepped on some toes dancing, but apologized with a smile at least when the music was loud.

My football friends couldn't believe I was into the Grateful Dead, and my Dead friends were shocked to know that I was into football.

Somewhere Jerry is doing this :thumbsdown:

Thank you Jerry

i've done alot of shoreline, red rocks, greek theatre, winterland, deer creek, buckeye lake....and a bunch more. Even still...I'm the only gym rat wearing tye dye. :)

Somewhere Jerry is doing this :banana:

Thank you Jerry

Wow - and it's equally possible that I've met/boogied with both of you - I have been to about 60 shows, from Oregon to Red Rocks to Shoreline to Vegas to several others. Also Reggae on the River and Electric on the Eel (Jerry acoustic & Taj Mahal was a great one...)

small world. were either of you guys at the "Jerry Death Day Concert" in SF Central Park? Man what a show...Journey, John Fogherty, Blues Traveller, Santana, CSNY, etc, etc, etc.

who knew there were other sports geeks who liked the dead...I thought I was the only non-hippy freak. I generally didn't discuss my political orientation at the shows...was just a fan of the scene and music. I had several young hippy chick girlfriends over the years - relationships that were doomed from the getgo because of my pro-death penalty stance. All of a sudden I'm a right wing christian conservative (even though I'm pro-choice and pro legalization and not christian)

:thumbsdown:

But that's cool, because hairy legs always were a turn-off, no matter how cute the chick was. And bells/patchuli got really fockin annoying after a while.

Nothing screams if you are not a lesbian, you should be, like hairy legs. I passed on most of those hippy chicks because there were plenty that shaved so they could complain about it. :blink:

I went to at least 10 shows in Eugene, so I am sure our paths have crossed before Scooter. Oh, my name is Scott, which I think is maybe yours too?? Love coincidences.

I did not make it to San Fran for that show, but I wrote a song "will someone please Jerry me" using Grateful lyrics like "a lovely view of heaven, but I'd rather be with you" during the months that followed his passing.

I understand your pro death penalty stance, but I just believe that you can't kill a soul and that life in prison is a harsher sentence than death. I'm pro choice because of the fact that I believe that you can't kill a soul. I'm pro legaliztion because a soul should only be punished if they harm another soul. The war on flowers in particular annoys me.

So at least 25% of this league saw the Dead. Very cool. Personally, I am still waiting for those flashbacks they PROMISED me!! :first:

peace ON