Sign in to follow this  
botabu

Keeper League Strategy Help Needed..... #2 Pick

Here is my dilemma, I have the #2 overall pick in a 12 PPR team keeper league in which we get to keep 3 total players (max 2 at any position). My current keepers are:

Peyton Manning

LaMont Jordan

Julius Jones

The following other players are kept:

RB:

Tomlinson

Alexander

L.Johnson

Porter

T. Barber

S. Jackson

Chester Taylor

Corey Dillon

Tatum Bell

Warrick Dunn

Brian Westbrook

D. Davis

R. Brown

McGahee

Benson

W. Parker

R. Johnson

Jamal Lewis

Cadillac

WR:

Galloway

Ward

Fitzgerald

R. Moss

Harrison

Boldin

Chambers

S. Smith

Owens

Holt

J. Walker

Chad Johnson

So...... at pick #2 my options are Edgerrin James, Reggie Bush, Kevin Jones, DeShaun Foster, Reuben Droughns.... granted, Edge will probably go one, and he should. I am leaning towards taking Bush at #2 if he is there. My next pick is not until Round 2 #23...... where do I go from here. I know this is a tough question, but just wanted to see what people were thinking.

Some of the players I am targeting in the later rounds are:

Patrick Crayton (WR)

Braylon Edwards (WR)

Michael Clayton (WR)

Kellen Winslow (TE)

Reggie Brown (WR)

Help me if you can and I will gladly check your posts out!

I think i would go with Kevin Jones over bush. He is the unquestioned No. 1. And according to fantasy "experts" on yahoo, Jones showed up in great shape and with improved pass catching skills. If that is true, and martz returns to the great OC he was with the rams kevin jones could have a big year. He did have a strong finish to his rookie year where he had 2 games with over 150 yards. Bush is unpredictable so i guess if you're a gambling man go with bush. Those are the only 2 rb's i would consider. As for your 2nd pick i wouldn't think about crayton. Edwards is questionable because he's stil basicaly a rookie WR and they take a while to get into the swing of thigns, also Channing Frye is still a young QB. Reggie Brown is a No. 1 on a good team with a good QB but he seems to be the no. 1 jsut because theres no one else. Clayton should return to his rookie form after getting healthy and simms poised to have a big year. Kellen Winslow is going to the no. 1 TE and Frye has been speaking highly about him. He has plenty to prove so he should motivated.

I like Foster myself for one reason only the system he is in, Detroit can change everything it seems but stay stuck in the same rut..And if it is true about Jones then jump..but I would go Foster and if possible handcuff him with Williams..a big reach probalbly but could be well worth it.

Wayne, Reggie

Jackson, Darrel

Williams, Roy

Burress, Plaxico

Moss, Santana

you need a premiere WR. be sure to handcuff JJones with MB3. all dynasty, focus on the now with the corner of your eye on the future. if you even think of anyone but bush, then take a WR. bush is for the future.

good tagets for the way later rounds but you need to create a solid core. you need a WR.