Sign in to follow this  
Manifest Destiny

First Year Keeper League

I am playing in a keeper league that is staring up this year and somehow I pulled the 1st pick. The scoring is as follows:

6 pt. - TD

1 pt. - 10 yards rushing or receiving

1 pt. - reception

-2 pt. - fumble

I have narrowed my choices to LJ and LT. The thing that makes me lean toward LT is that I am not sure that LJ is as good as he showed last year, or if he was a product of the system, All Pro line, and All Pro FB. Any thoughts?

TIA

I'd go LJ...can't miss with him.

Do you know of any mocks or sites with rankings for a 1st year keeper league.

We are starting one as well.

Thanks.

I am playing in a keeper league that is staring up this year and somehow I pulled the 1st pick. The scoring is as follows:

6 pt. - TD

1 pt. - 10 yards rushing or receiving

1 pt. - reception

-2 pt. - fumble

I have narrowed my choices to LJ and LT. The thing that makes me lean toward LT is that I am not sure that LJ is as good as he showed last year, or if he was a product of the system, All Pro line, and All Pro FB. Any thoughts?

TIA

Tough choice--the proven stud on a team with an unproven QB or a guy with two, good partial seasons but the line is in flux and the fullback is gone. LT gets more receptions as well.

Last Name	First Name	G	FPG	Crank	Sub Par	Elite	RB #1	RB #2
Alexander	Shaun	16	23.68	95.93	12.50%	56.25%	81.25%	87.50%
Johnson	Larry	16	23.02	84.38	25.00%	56.25%	68.75%	75.00%
Jordan	Lamont	14	21.06	84.09	7.14%	35.71%	85.71%	92.86%
Barber	Tiki	16	22.44	82.49	12.50%	31.25%	75.00%	87.50%
James	Edgerrin	15	20.82	81.76	6.67%	40.00%	80.00%	93.33%
Tomlinson	LaDainian	16	22.14	75.72	18.75%	37.50%	62.50%	81.25%

From a points per game standpoint, it's pretty close from last year's crank scores. If you're looking for a back that was a starting quality player more often, then LT might be the choice (#2 RB pct was 81.25% to LJ's 75%) because he at least put up starting-quality points for one more game. But the counter to that argument is that LJ was splitting time with Holmes and probably would have been as good or better if he was the undisputed starter while Holmes was healthy.

I think if you are going to take a chance on LJ, this is the year to do it. I have the #1 pick in a non-PPR league this Saturday and I'm taking LJ (but it is worth noting as I update my projections I have LT ranked #2 at this point).

Hard to go wrong with either, IMO. I think LT has more potential for receptions. Still, even when LT was getting more looks out of the backfield he has been the #2 Crank Score RB to one other back in 2002, 2003, and 2004....the Chiefs starter!

Worth thinking about because you hear so much about the underrated contribution of FB's, but how come they are so interchangeable? How come so many offenses rarely even use them?

Take Tomlinson... He's the best player in football. The Chiefs line is getting old, they may have already lost Roaf. They also lost Richardson. Tomlinson still has the bowling ball Neal clearing the way for him. And Tomlinson never has had much of a line in front of him, but still puts up consistent numbers,

Take Tomlinson... He's the best player in football. The Chiefs line is getting old, they may have already lost Roaf. They also lost Richardson. Tomlinson still has the bowling ball Neal clearing the way for him. And Tomlinson never has had much of a line in front of him, but still puts up consistent numbers,

The whole fullback situation is why I am slightly leaning toward LT. I may need to flip a coin :clap: