Sign in to follow this  
Lesman

A couple PreDraft questions in keeper league

I have the 3rd overall pick in a straight draft (no snake)

My current keepers are:

Portis, Chester Taylor, L Evans, T Glenn

There are a few quality RBs left in the draft. I am fairly certain that Tiki, and Edge will be taken 1&2. That would leave me with my choice of guys like McGahee, JJ, KJ, Deshaun, DomDavis, Westbrook and Bush.

Question 1:

I'm between McGahee and Bush. I think Bush is a better Keeper prospect, but I would feel more comfortable with McGahee as my #2 back this year over relying on a rookie (also splittling carries) and Chester (unproven) as a #2 guy?

Who would you take at RB?

Question 2:

Who would you take between McNabb or Palmer?

Palmer was an absolute stud last year, but I'm a worried about his confidence. I think he will be ok physically, but mentally is what bothers me.

McNabb, if he can stay healthy should rebound OK. Even in the non TO years, McNabb always put up top 3 numbers. But his group of receivers is the youngest and most inexperienced that he has ever had.

I'd definitely go with Palmer over McNabb. I think he'll have his confidence, or at least it will come back to him at some point. Especially in a keeper. Who does McNabb even ahve to throw to? Nobody.

As for Bush/McGahee, I guess it depends on if you're looking for the future or the present. I agree Bush isn't the best pick this year because at the very least, Deuce will get all the goalline action. But as a Keeper, it seems hard to argue against Bush. I wouldn't overlook Kevin Jones though. That situation in Detroit might be ripe for success and he's young and would serve well in the present and in the future.

Good luck. Please see mine, thanks.

I 100% agree with aggiewildlife. Take Palmer over McNabb. :doublethumbsup: Palmer has shown this off season that he is pissed off. He had his opportunity last year and got taken out on the second play. He feels the Bengals should have gone on to win the Superbowl, but were robbed due to his injury. This year he's out to prove a point. :blink:

As for McGahee or Bush. Again I agree with aggiewildlife. McGahee will help you this year more than Bush. The question is do you need help right now, or in years to come. Whenever RBs share time it is bad for fantasy owners. I always try to find a back who is not in danger of losing time to another player.