Sign in to follow this  
Football Fan 20

Starters week 1

need advice on who to start at RB week 1. I know Portis would usually be a no brainer but now I'm thinking maybe I shoud watch a week. Let me know what you think

RBs

R.Brown *

Portis

M.Bell *

C.Taylor

Duckett

* denotes who I'm leaning toward

thanks

:clap:

Ronnie Brown is a no brainer. You will have to monitor the DEN RB issue. Mike Shanahan has been known to pull fast ones with his roster so I would not be surprised to see Mike and Tatum sharing carries. Taylor is the clear number 1 for MIN...so unless Shanahan resoundingly endorses Mike Bell as his man and unless Tatum will not cut significantly into Mike Bell's carries, I would go with Taylor.

start Portis if he is named the starter before the game. I would normally say Brown but they are playing Pitt week 1. if portis does not start then start Brown. i like taylor also but they are playing a tough skins D. good luck.

I'm in the same boat as you on this one. I'm gonna see how Portis' shoulder injury goes and if they say he's for sure the guy for week 1, im gonna go with him and hope he's fine. If he's not, then just go with whichever backup plays the worst defense (i would lean toward Taylor though) and really hope for the best with the Portis situation. They say the injury isnt too serious, but who knows how much truth they're telling about it. Anyways, go with Brown and your gut feeling at roster deadline time, and then keep a close eye on the Denver RB situation and Portis' status to make your decisions. Good luck, and I hope he's fine, for both our sake lol.

I'm in the same boat as you on this one. I'm gonna see how Portis' shoulder injury goes and if they say he's for sure the guy for week 1, im gonna go with him and hope he's fine. If he's not, then just go with whichever backup plays the worst defense (i would lean toward Taylor though) and really hope for the best with the Portis situation. They say the injury isnt too serious, but who knows how much truth they're telling about it. Anyways, go with Brown and your gut feeling at roster deadline time, and then keep a close eye on the Denver RB situation and Portis' status to make your decisions. Good luck, and I hope he's fine, for both our sake lol.

"Me" it's nice to know I'm not the only one who has this question, good input though.

:D

Definitely brown.

To play it safe, for the 2nd go with Chester.

Or, play a gamble and go with Portis or Bell. Portis injury status you should check right up til your decision deadline. I think Mike is a risky play in week 1.