Sign in to follow this  
deckard

some advice/opinions

I drafted 5th in this six team league (not enough teams really). The autodraft left me what I consider short/weak at WR.

I have interest in C. Chambers and R. Moss from team TWO. Would you trade for either of them? Somebody else? What would you offer? Would you pick somebody from waiver wire instead? Who would you drop

TIA

My Team

D. McNabb, D. Culpepper

T. Barber, R. Brown, B. Westbrook, M. Bell, W. Parker, W. McGahee

P. Burress, J. Horn, A. Johnson

A. Gates, T. Gonzalez

S. Graham

Jacksonville

TWO

D. Bledsoe, E. Manning

L. Tomlinson, S. Jackson, T. Jones, D. Rhodes

T. Owens, S. Smith, R. Moss, C. Chambers, Sa. Moss

L. Smith

J. Kasay, A. Vinatieri

Chicago

THREE

T. Green, T. Brady

L. Johnson, C. Williams, D. McAllister, C. Brown, K. Jones

A. Boldin, R. Williams, H. Ward, D. Mason

J. Witten

J. Feely

New York

FOUR

J. Delhomme, K. Warner

C. Portis, L. Jordan, R. Droughns, L. Maroney, J. Jones

M. Harrison, J. Galloway, J. Walker, D. Driver

J. Shockey, T. Heap

M. Stover

Indianapolis

FIVE

M. Hasselbeck, P. Manning

S. Alexander, E. James, C. Benson, J. Lewis, W. Dunn

T. Holt, C. Johnson, R. Wayne, R. Smith

A. Crumpler

J. Elam

Seattle

SIX

C. Palmer, A. Brooks

D. Foster, R. Bush, R. Johnson, C. Dillon, F. Taylor

L. Fitzgerald, T. Houshmandzadeh, D. Stallworth, T. Glenn

H. Miller

N. Rackers

Carolina, Pittsburgh

Start 1QB 2RB 2WR RB/WR TE K DEF

Scoring:

TDs 6 + bonus for length

points for yardage, completions, receptions, rush attempts

(FF 2nd year player, so keep that in mind.)

It seems to me that you would move Gates to upgrade at WR. He seems to be your most attractive trade option, and T.G is prety good TE to have.

I don't like Moss, fwiw...I think he's too violatle. Same with T.O.

With team two, I think I'd offer Gates for Chambers. You could try Gates for Boldin too with team three.

Offer them Tony Gonzales or possible one the RB's like Mike Bell or Westbrook. Just a suggestion....all those teams seem pretty stacked.

Players Not To Trade

Why you shouldn't trade...

D. Mcnabb- He's one of the best QBs out there, he's also consistent and durable.

D. Culpepper- You probably got him late in the draft even in a 6 manager league, which is a steal since he'll do great, of course that's my opinion.

T. Barber- A yardage monster. He might not get all those TDs, but those yards get you enough points itself, unless you're in a custom league that has a scoring system which scores low for rushing yards. If you're in a league that gives points for 20+ yds in one carry, you're in for a real treat.

R. Brown- His coach says he's getting better at receptions meaning he'll get receiving yards too. That's always a good thing. He's a threat on the ground and in the air meaning he can get TDs rushing or receiving. If you're in a points for receptions league, even better.

W. Parker- His nickname isn't Fast Willie for no reason. He's clearly the starter and with the next three RBs behind him all averaging less than 2.5 yards a carry in the preseason, there's no way his job is in jeopardy. And did you see that Superbowl run? I knew before hand they would win partly cause of him, even though I wanted the Seahawks to win.

W. McGahee- He hurt his knee his last year in college, which made him get drafted late. Sad start but I love the guy. He's durable with the injury he's been through and he performs well on that left knee too. Even though people project him quite low, he actually gets over 1000 yds a season and got the 10th most rushing yards last year. He's getting better every year and has very few fumbles. And he's still only 24 yrs old.

P. Burress- Over 1200 yds and 7 TDs last season. Yeah Amani Toomer may take some catches away but 600 yds and 7 TDs compared to 1200 is nothing. He's clearly the main target for Manning.

J. Horn- Don't look at last season, look at the five before that. Every year he's started 16 games, he's received 1200-1400 yds and at least 7 TDs. Just hope he stays healthy and he will get the job done.

A. Gates- He's the best TE in the league. I wouldn't even trade him for Chad Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. Well, you have T. Gonzalez so that might change my mind.

S. Graham- Good kicker, since kickers are not a big part of a team he's definitely good enough for you.

Jacksonville- For 5th pick, you got a very good defense.

Players To Trade

M. Bell- Even though he's probably going to start opening day, he's sharing touches for sure. Denver is most likely going with a platoon this season and you have 4 very good and durable starting RBs. Unless your league starts four RBs, which would be awkward, you don't need him at all.

B. Westbrook- Is this guy ever going to start and play in all 16 games of a season? My guess is no. Will he ever get over 1000 yards a season? My guess is no too.

A. Johnson- With E. Moulds on the other side who gets 800+ yds everytime he starts 14+ games, it's obvious Johnson will lose looks from his QB since he'll have the better corners on him.

T. Gonzalez- You have the two BEST TEs this season, in my opinion. A. Gates is better of course and you don't need two great TEs on your team, unless your league starts two. You can pick up someone like C. Cooley or B. Watson to make your backup TE making T. Gonzalez very good trade fodder.

DO NOT TRADE FOR...

C. Chambers- You have D. Culpepper and R. Brown, enough said.

R. Moss- He barely made over 1000 receiving yds last season and got only 8 TDs and that was with K. Collins. Now he has A. Brooks. Porter and him have been complaining about Brook's accuracy. That just gives you a bad sign when a great WR complains that the ball can't get to him. Oakland always manages to make a great player look like ######.

WHAT YOU SHOULD PROPOSE...

Look at team 2, 3, and 6...maybe 5...I'd take T. Gonzalez over any of their TEs. I can kind of tell that they don't care about TEs much since they don't have a backup and save the roster space for a RB or WR.

Propose T. Gonzalez+A. Johnson for T. Owens, S. Smith, A. Boldin, L. Fitzgerald, C. Johnson. That's my opinion. I'd suggest D. Stallworth too if you didn't have D. Mcnabb.

If those don't go through, try for D. Mason, S. Moss, J. Galloway, R. Wayne.

After you get one of the WRs above you'll have an extra spot on your bench. If you want you can get a TE as backup but I would suggest picking up A. Bryant. He's seriously underrated in most leagues and I think he'll have a breakout season. You can also pick up many other good WRs like L. Evans. I've never played a 6 team league, there has to be plenty of good players in FA to choose from.

Team 4 and 6 have weak RBs, if I had to guess. I would've guessed 4 had the 5th pick and 6 had the 6th pick. I don't see how they got such horrible RBs when you got T. Barber with 5th. If you can, I'd suggest putting up B. Westbrook or M. Bell both for C. Dillon. C. Dillon gets over 300 touches when he's healthy. Just cause of last season, his value dropped, I call that bad luck. Yes you can say he got hurt in 2003 too, but having a 1600+ yds season in between doesn't mean he's getting old. And anyways, he's not near to being your starter, he'll add great depth to your RBs if you get him and he turns out healthy this season. If you can trade both players for him do it then pick up A. Green. It's the same deal with him, he's not old and dying, he's in his prime, I trust his RB coach. If you don't get that trade, drop Mike Bell for A. Green and keep B. Westbrook. M. Bell is going to be in a platoon the whole season. I'm guessing he'll get 600-700 yds and 7 tds with T. Bell stealing touches.