Sign in to follow this  
seh2000

Looking to see how you handle Free agent pickups

we have been struggling with this for years. For sake of discussion, let's focus on the QB position. We have to draft 2 and only 2 QBs. Now, if I have Eli Manning and he went down, 1/2 our guys are saying that they want that owner to have 1st dibbs on Mannings backup. The other say it's first come first serve - but leads to guys blocking when not in need.

I know we'll go round and round, but are there any good rules for FA pickups in general and how you differentiate when they are OUT on Sunday versus questionable...etc.

Looking to solve a problem of guys doing this for 15 years and never being happy. If anyone has the golden FA solution, please let me know,.

Thanks.

You have to go with three QB's. It's not fair to the owner of Eli Manning to have to drop ?Alex Smith? to pick up Anthony Wright for a few weeks. It makes no sense at all why you would only draft two qb's? All this does is make a team that is in injury trouble screwed for the whole year possibly! If they don't have a viable back-up and/or they run into a bye week what are they supposed to do.

If you were going to go with two, there is no reason to draft a second QB. Just pick your starting qb's back up and when a bye week comes around, drop the back up for one week and pick up whoever, and then pick the back up..up again.

I run a fourteen team league and we draft three qbs. Obviously not all teams will have three starting qb's, but that is where drafting back ups come in. You'll notice from my roster I have three starters. If Leinart goes down I still have two qb's to rely on til he returns or for bye weeks. I could have drafted Warner in case of injury, but that's part of the hit or miss strategy!

I see no reason to go with only two!