Sign in to follow this  
ramblin'wreck

Holt for Gates

If I offer Torry Holt for Antonio Gates, would you accept it? Given that you have Stallworth and Drew Benneth as your starting WR..

PPR league.

Leave links and I will reply..

I own Gates in 2 leagues. :doublethumbsup:

You would really need to blow me away with a trade offer before I'd give him up. He's so far ahead of the other TE competiion, it's unreal.

In all honesty, if he was a WR, I don't know if I'd trade him for Holt. I'd want TO or Chad Johnson.

If I offer Torry Holt for Antonio Gates, would you accept it? Given that you have Stallworth and Drew Benneth as your starting WR..

PPR league.

Leave links and I will reply..

I wouldn't accept it. Gates is in a class by himself.

But if Stallwort and Bennet were my only options, maybe.

help me out.

No, the Rams are in trouble; the uncertainty of Jackson or his backup for that matter, the O-line problems, Bulger has broken ribs and this dip-sheit coach (yeah i live in STL) is really thinking about letting Bulger play (Warner all over again). The bottom line, Holt is not as valuable as one would think.

Don't even consider this as an viable offer.

Thanks for mine.

I don't think I'd take Holt for Gates. I wouldn't be totally against taking a top tier receive for him if Stallworth and Bennett were my only options, but the Rams offense is too shaky right now. To me, Gates and Holt have roughly the same upside but Holt has way more risk.

Nope, I would not give up Gates.....he is just as good as some of the top WR's. Now if I was in your postition and have Holt I WOULD I try it and see if the other guy goes for it.

Thanks for mine

No way. Before the season, I had Holt, Adrian Peterson, and Dallas Clark. I was offered Gates, Ronnie Brown, and Cotchery. I accepted because of my injury concerns about Holt. After week 1 I thought I got ripped off, but it is paying dividends now.

Help me out, please:

QB Situation

I expect high end WR type numbers from Gates every week. If he doesn't get 120 and 0 TD's or 80 and a TD, I'm dissapointed.

That's pretty much his average. In my mind, he should be drafted as high as the top WR. Is there ever a question that he won't be the top producing TE? You can't say the same for a WR or RB, or even QB.

If I have two starting WR's already, I wouldn't take any other WR in the league for Gates. But with his receivers, you might have to consider it. Holt is good for 13+ a game, probably the combined average of his two. But it's SO hard to part with Gates.

Mine please

Sorry man, as a Gates owner, I would have to agree. Though I would pacakge Holt, after a big game, to the Gates owner and hope for the best. Thanks for mine