Sign in to follow this  
drewznot

Ron Danyne vs Edgerrin James

RB Dilema

I need help deciding who to play, Edge or Dayne in a standard scoring league. Who do you suggest?

I will follow up on your post and advise....

thanks

Edge at PITT is scary - Dayne, with no HOU receivers to go to for Schaub would probably be a better bet as HOU will hit the ground game.

IMHO

I would say Edge because you know he will get his touches and he is 100% healthy despite the bad matchup. We really don't know how Dayne will be used.

I would go with Dayne.

Please see mine.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=292086

Here's a good breakdown I found rrom Fox Sports

http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/7275794

RB Ron Dayne vs. Falcons run defense

Dayne (chest) isn't completely healthy, but the Texans will try to ride him down the field. So far, no Texans running back has had more than 18 carries in a game. Don't expect that to change this week. With Dayne's ribs still bothering him, the Texans will try to get him and running back Samkon Gado going. They hope to exploit the Falcons' run defense, which has given up 143.2 rushing yards per game this season. Dayne's strength is barreling through the middle and carrying blockers with him. Gado has a slightly more finesse-type approach, which the Texans hope throws off the defense as well.

RB Edgerrin James vs. Steelers run defense

The question on everyone's lips is this: Can James do for the second time in three seasons what everyone else has failed to do? The Steelers have played 28 consecutive games without allowing a back to gain 100 yards since James did it as a member of the Colts in 2005. The Steelers are 19-9 in those games, including a Super Bowl victory and a 3-0 start to this season. The quick start accomplished under rookie coach Mike Tomin can be attributed to the same philosophy that worked so well for former coach Bill Cowher: concentrate on stopping the opponent's running game. The Steelers' three easy victories include defensive efforts that held Browns running back Jamal Lewis to 35 yards (the week before he gained 216 against the Bengals), the Bills' Marshawn Lynch to 64 and the 49ers' Frank Gore to 39. Fundamentally, they are sound, with linemen and linebackers staying in their gaps (a basic Tomlin principle of defense) and allowing only one run of 20 yards or more in 60 attempts. James, though, is rejuvenated under Ken Whisenhunt's run-first philosophy, climbing to sixth in the NFL with 277 yards (92.3 per game and 4.6 per rush).