Sign in to follow this  
just_want_2_win

Roster Moves to Cover Bye Week 8

This concerns my 6-1 team (1st team listed in signature, the one with Palmer)

1) Baltimore D is on bye and I plan to drop because Balt's remaining schedule isn't very favorable: Pit, Cinci, Clev., SD, NE, Indy. Which would you pick up for week 8: Tenn. vs. Oak, Det. @ Chi., Indy @ Carolina, Oak vs. Tenn. I will then just use waivers each week after 8 to pick a D with a good match up.

2) I plan to drop Bobby Engram, too, since it's his bye and after that it's likely Branch and Hackett will return. I would like to use this roster opening to get Chris Henry, who's back in week 10 vs. Baltimore.

Josh Brown is on bye in week 8, too. Normally I don't care about dropping a kicker but according to http://fftoday.com/stats/fantasystats.php?...&LeagueID=1, Brown has a very favorable stretch of games after the bye -- in fact his whole remaining schedule is pretty good. While there are a couple of other kickers on WW that would be fine fill ins for week 8, they don't have good schedules the rest of the way so I'll be playing drop and pick up a kicker every week. With my record, I'll be second to last in WW priority and there are vultures in my league that pounce on everything that hits the wire.

So should I use the Engram opening to get a temporary kicker? But then I get closer to Henry's return and then maybe someone else gets him. Do you think with my roster I could use Henry? And I can't clear out some room other than through waivers as the league doesn't allow trades.

1) Tenn

2) If you feel good about Brown, drop Engram for a fill-in. I don't see Henry helping you too much.

I'd go with Tenn's D, they are pretty decent.

As far as Chris Henry, I wouldn't jump to get him, Johnson and TJ are gunna steal most of his catches...

Thanks for the response.

I wouldn't worry too much about chris henry. he's going to be fighting for catches the rest of the season.

i'd get Tenn as a defense, but look at indy vs carolina. if they sit vinny for carr, i'd think about starting indy based on lack of qb play.

I was thinking Indy V carolina for the one week play as well, especially if Carr is starting.

Henry will probably not be worth it unless you start 3 WRs, use that spot for a fill-in kicker or someone else of more value. You should be good rotating Driver, Cotchery, and marshall.